Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Samuel has signed for Blackburn 14:06 - Jul 19 with 4209 viewsSWGF

...but doesn't look entirely convinced that he's made the right decision.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 14:11 - Jul 19 with 4128 viewsITFC_Forever

£500k for Samuel?

Blackburn have been well and truly done.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 14:18 - Jul 19 with 4052 viewsSteve_M

Presumably he's just got to see Blackburn.

(Although, compared to Reading....).

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:04 - Jul 19 with 3827 viewsmarcus1642

Looks really happy😀
Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:06 - Jul 19 with 3807 viewsHipsterectomy

"I've made a huge mistake"

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:08 - Jul 19 with 3791 viewsmonty_radio

"They told me it rains less here than Ipswich - any of you guys confirm?"

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:09 - Jul 19 with 3781 viewsPhilTWTD

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 14:11 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

£500k for Samuel?

Blackburn have been well and truly done.

Wouldn't surprise me if that proves to be a bit of a bargain. Time will tell!
Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:14 - Jul 19 with 3731 viewsblue_oyster

They just caught him at a bad moment.

Here he is celebrating a goal.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:24 - Jul 19 with 3678 viewsmonty_radio

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:09 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Wouldn't surprise me if that proves to be a bit of a bargain. Time will tell!

Mick obviously saw something so I wonder if it was the likely fee that cooled any interest? Town can't afford to spend £500k on punts, even high quality ones.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:28 - Jul 19 with 3648 viewsPhilTWTD

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:24 - Jul 19 by monty_radio

Mick obviously saw something so I wonder if it was the likely fee that cooled any interest? Town can't afford to spend £500k on punts, even high quality ones.

Not sure, spent more than that on Adam Webster last summer and he was a bit of a punt. Liked the look of him, was a bit unfortunate not to get on the scoresheet during what was a relatively difficult spell here - overall team form, injury etc - and his record in his previous loan spells and coming through at Reading suggest he could be a regular goalscorer, certainly at League One level.
Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:36 - Jul 19 with 3603 viewsSWGF

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:28 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Not sure, spent more than that on Adam Webster last summer and he was a bit of a punt. Liked the look of him, was a bit unfortunate not to get on the scoresheet during what was a relatively difficult spell here - overall team form, injury etc - and his record in his previous loan spells and coming through at Reading suggest he could be a regular goalscorer, certainly at League One level.

Why wouldnt we have paid it then, Phil? Mick obviously likes him and we need more strikers.

£500k isn't THAT much when you consider Watkins from Exeter, for example, and you'd think his value would only increase, given a fair wind. He seems to fit the "Webster and Ward" model and one of the points on the fabled five point plan "To make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development".

Can't imagine we're going to pick up similar for less money.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:40 - Jul 19 with 3578 viewsPhilTWTD

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:36 - Jul 19 by SWGF

Why wouldnt we have paid it then, Phil? Mick obviously likes him and we need more strikers.

£500k isn't THAT much when you consider Watkins from Exeter, for example, and you'd think his value would only increase, given a fair wind. He seems to fit the "Webster and Ward" model and one of the points on the fabled five point plan "To make annual investment funds available to purchase players in the early stages of their career and to assist in their development".

Can't imagine we're going to pick up similar for less money.

Not sure, maybe he felt the overall deal was more than he thought was worth paying out for a comparitively inexperienced player. Maybe he decided he wanted someone with more experience or different attributes. Bodvarsson is a very different player, for example.
Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:42 - Jul 19 with 3550 viewshampstead_blue

a slightly up curled lip.

quite the angry cowboy.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:45 - Jul 19 with 3533 viewsclive_baker

He'll score goals for them. I liked the look of him and he's done well in L1 previously. Plus he played under Mogga before so he clearly knows what he's capable of.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:49 - Jul 19 with 3522 viewsMullet

Samuel has signed for Blackburn on 15:40 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Not sure, maybe he felt the overall deal was more than he thought was worth paying out for a comparitively inexperienced player. Maybe he decided he wanted someone with more experience or different attributes. Bodvarsson is a very different player, for example.

I really don't get the hostility some are showing on twitter particularly. Thought we didn't see anywhere near enough but what was there and what we heard made me think if Sears went he'd be ideal.

As a 4th striker you sense £500k was a little steep for us and maybe that's the option. He'll go to Rovers play most weeks, score a few and potentially earn a bigger move up if he's a success. I'm guessing that's the logic given he probably sits between a decent Div 3 striker someone taking a chance at this level.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024