Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? 10:35 - Aug 16 with 3678 viewsITFC_RM

Seems a pretty strange thing to say, however is it possible our shocking injury record has actually helped us?

it's not given MM the option to be negative. possibly wouldn't have had the start we have without it?

Thoughts?
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 11:19]

Poll: Will MM spend money this summer?

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:37 - Aug 16 with 3669 viewsSteve_M

Not really sure of that. Huws and Adeyemi in midfield would make us stronger and we are rather stretched at the back at the moment.

What it has done is given Downes a chance which he has seized and a bit more game time for Nydam, McDonnel and Wolfenden.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:41 - Aug 16 with 3638 viewsITFCBlues

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:37 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

Not really sure of that. Huws and Adeyemi in midfield would make us stronger and we are rather stretched at the back at the moment.

What it has done is given Downes a chance which he has seized and a bit more game time for Nydam, McDonnel and Wolfenden.

Yeah agree with this. It's given some youngsters game time but we'd be far better with a fully fit squad. Especially Smith, Huws, Adeyemi and Webster all fit. 4 fairly key players there

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:45 - Aug 16 with 3607 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:41 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

Yeah agree with this. It's given some youngsters game time but we'd be far better with a fully fit squad. Especially Smith, Huws, Adeyemi and Webster all fit. 4 fairly key players there

Its amazing that when we talk about getting players back, no one is talking about Bishop or Hyam...... shows that we have much better squad depth now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:48 - Aug 16 with 3576 viewsitfcjoe

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:45 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its amazing that when we talk about getting players back, no one is talking about Bishop or Hyam...... shows that we have much better squad depth now.

I think because they've been out for so long as well they have been forgotten about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:49 - Aug 16 with 3573 viewsITFCBlues

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:45 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yeah exactly. Bishop just needs to etc his head right to get back to his level.

With everyone fit, this is certainly the strongest squad we've had under MM. No way we'd have been able to deal with these injuries before

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:50 - Aug 16 with 3567 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:48 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

I think because they've been out for so long as well they have been forgotten about

True.... but the squad depth allows us to forget about them, rather than clinging to false hope of a swift return.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:50 - Aug 16 with 3565 viewsWD19

Its a blessing in the sense that it has helped with fans perspective/expectations.

If a first choice team had started off with a couple of dodgy results the atmosphere would have become poisonous quite quickly. As others have said, the 9 pts we have on the board has given us a 5 pt jump on many teams. That is great news whichever way you look at it.
injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:51 - Aug 16 with 3560 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:49 - Aug 16 by ITFCBlues

Yeah exactly. Bishop just needs to etc his head right to get back to his level.

With everyone fit, this is certainly the strongest squad we've had under MM. No way we'd have been able to deal with these injuries before

Hopefully seeing Downes, Dozzell, McDonnell and Nydam progress in front of him will give him the kick he might need.

Login to get fewer ads

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 11:16 - Aug 16 with 3497 viewshomer_123

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:50 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

True.... but the squad depth allows us to forget about them, rather than clinging to false hope of a swift return.

To be fair to them both:

1. Bish - if we had him fit and firing as he was - that would be a massive asset to the current existing squad though
2. Hyam - if he played like he did on his loan spell return then, again, a genuine asset and more than a mere squad play

IMHO

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 11:19 - Aug 16 with 3467 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 11:16 - Aug 16 by homer_123

To be fair to them both:

1. Bish - if we had him fit and firing as he was - that would be a massive asset to the current existing squad though
2. Hyam - if he played like he did on his loan spell return then, again, a genuine asset and more than a mere squad play

IMHO

I agree, thats my point really.

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 12:47 - Aug 16 with 3351 viewsgt81

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 11:16 - Aug 16 by homer_123

To be fair to them both:

IMHO

Hyam struggles when he has to be a main man in midfield, but with decent players around him he fills the Skuse role with more mobility and attacking threat.
injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 12:49 - Aug 16 with 3332 viewsunbelievablue

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:51 - Aug 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hopefully seeing Downes, Dozzell, McDonnell and Nydam progress in front of him will give him the kick he might need.

I've a sneaky feeling it will not.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 13:02 - Aug 16 with 3294 viewsBent_double

Just to add to that - even though it's probably pointless - I wonder how we would be setup to play if Berra were still the first name on the team sheet for every game?

I'm sure we'll miss him against some of the better forwards in this division, but on the whole the team has improved in other areas without him in it I think.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 14:29 - Aug 16 with 3230 viewsNo9

You make a very valid point
injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 20:13 - Aug 16 with 3146 viewsRyorry

My only worry is that when some of the old regulars are fit enough to return, MM will revert to his more usual 'safety first' policy. However, I hope he himself has found what's happened so far instructive, and allows it to flourish, even when he has a bigger group of fit players to pick from.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 20:41 - Aug 16 with 3105 viewsjas0999

Not really. Unlikely Mick will pick such an attacking line up again.
injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 21:31 - Aug 16 with 3023 viewsNo9

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 10:48 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

You're probably right, even forgotten by team management - maybe?
injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 21:33 - Aug 16 with 3015 viewsNo9

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 20:13 - Aug 16 by Ryorry

My only worry is that when some of the old regulars are fit enough to return, MM will revert to his more usual 'safety first' policy. However, I hope he himself has found what's happened so far instructive, and allows it to flourish, even when he has a bigger group of fit players to pick from.

A distinct possiblity
injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 21:41 - Aug 16 with 2982 viewsgt81

injury 'crisis' a blessing in disguise? on 20:41 - Aug 16 by jas0999

Not really. Unlikely Mick will pick such an attacking line up again.

Probably not but hopefully he won't need to as I think we have better players all round in the forward department when everyone is fit that we can probably afford to be more measured in our approach than last night.

We really don't want to be inviting the better teams on to us like the 2nd half yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024