Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row 19:59 - Aug 30 with 5504 viewsSteve_M

Hopefully everyone who had an opinion on the case will read this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/30/mother-christian-child-islamic-foster

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 20:08 - Aug 30 with 4701 viewsBobbychase

Classic Daily Mail hype. I mean tripe.

Although it is possible to convert between faiths and the penalty for aspostasy is death according to The Koran.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 20:13 - Aug 30 with 4678 viewsDarth_Koont

Well, I'm sure we'll have a long line of people eager to revisit and re-evaluate this now they know the facts. Rather than just moving on to the next dog-whistling editorial from our so-called news media.

Credit at least to the Telegraph for reporting it properly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 20:32 - Aug 30 with 4608 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Balls !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 20:46 - Aug 30 with 4585 viewshype313

Smashing!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 22:50 - Aug 30 with 4482 viewsClapham_Junction

It seems to be the ultimate irony that the council were actually in the process of trying to place the girl with a Muslim family who don't speak English as their first language, but they were her actual family.

This whole farce is just another example of how utterly woeful our press are, and perhaps another sign in particular of the decline of the Times as the newspaper of record. Had they waited a couple of days to ascertain the facts, then it would have been a non-story, but instead they've got the usual suspects frothing at the mouth and I would imagine many of them will miss the truth coming out.
on 23:31 - Aug 30 with 4428 views_

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 22:50 - Aug 30 by Clapham_Junction

It seems to be the ultimate irony that the council were actually in the process of trying to place the girl with a Muslim family who don't speak English as their first language, but they were her actual family.

This whole farce is just another example of how utterly woeful our press are, and perhaps another sign in particular of the decline of the Times as the newspaper of record. Had they waited a couple of days to ascertain the facts, then it would have been a non-story, but instead they've got the usual suspects frothing at the mouth and I would imagine many of them will miss the truth coming out.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 23:36 - Aug 30 with 4424 viewsvapour_trail

Unlikely they will be swayed at all Steve. The op of the previous thread loves this stuff. As do too many of the right unfortunately. And it prevents sensible conversations that enable a fit for purpose system to protect vulnerable kids.

Locking down debate and providing a platform for Robinson and his ilk. This will in all likelihood have increased the anxiety for the little girl at the heart of it all, in order to let some bigots to moan that the country they inhabit in 2017 isn't Victorian England. Tossers.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 00:03 - Aug 31 with 4389 viewsjaykay

well i hope this has cleared it up. the good old boys on here can look for something else to get their teeth into.
mind you the last thread on this subject was a eye opener, i quote Why would they lie?
Loads of other papers and Sky News ran it this morn

someone else even managed to squeeze old news of homophobic attacks into the tread

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:12 - Aug 31 with 4260 viewsHerbivore

So as predicted the story is at best inaccurate and at worst largely fabricated. This is pretty embarrassing for the Times but I guess when you're owned by Murdoch eventually you'll end up resorting to the lowest common denominator. What used to be a respected paper is now basically a black top tabloid rag.

It'll be interesting to see if all of those so quick to jump on the original story will come out and change their view now that more of the facts are known.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 4252 viewsm14_blue

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:12 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

So as predicted the story is at best inaccurate and at worst largely fabricated. This is pretty embarrassing for the Times but I guess when you're owned by Murdoch eventually you'll end up resorting to the lowest common denominator. What used to be a respected paper is now basically a black top tabloid rag.

It'll be interesting to see if all of those so quick to jump on the original story will come out and change their view now that more of the facts are known.

Well this thread has been up for 12 hours now and I haven't seen any of the easily outraged, Rule Britannia, mob clarify their position now the reported facts have significantly changed.
Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:18 - Aug 31 with 4249 viewsimsureazzure

Following a religious cult, what ever the name of the cult, should exclude people from fostering.
Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:20 - Aug 31 with 4242 viewsHerbivore

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:18 - Aug 31 by imsureazzure

Following a religious cult, what ever the name of the cult, should exclude people from fostering.

Even by TWTD standards that is a ridiculous post.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:22 - Aug 31 with 4238 viewsHerbivore

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:18 - Aug 31 by m14_blue

Well this thread has been up for 12 hours now and I haven't seen any of the easily outraged, Rule Britannia, mob clarify their position now the reported facts have significantly changed.

Benters has been on as well, posting misty eyed reminiscences about someone he never knew who died 20 years ago. Nothing about this though.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:27 - Aug 31 with 4228 viewsimsureazzure

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:20 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Even by TWTD standards that is a ridiculous post.

Why? Religion is a boil on society, a fantasy world of control and power, but hey if you condone it, that's nice.
Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:32 - Aug 31 with 4214 viewsHerbivore

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:27 - Aug 31 by imsureazzure

Why? Religion is a boil on society, a fantasy world of control and power, but hey if you condone it, that's nice.

Why is it ridiculous to ban someone from something because of their beliefs? Maybe you should ponder on that one yourself for a bit and then come back to me if you're still struggling.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:37 - Aug 31 with 4185 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

on 23:31 - Aug 30 by _

[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 8:41]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:38 - Aug 31 with 4187 viewsimsureazzure

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:32 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Why is it ridiculous to ban someone from something because of their beliefs? Maybe you should ponder on that one yourself for a bit and then come back to me if you're still struggling.

I'm not struggling dear, they have been brain washed, those views will be inflicted on the foster child.

You can believe that this is correct, I can believe that it is not.
Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:41 - Aug 31 with 4169 viewsHerbivore

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:38 - Aug 31 by imsureazzure

I'm not struggling dear, they have been brain washed, those views will be inflicted on the foster child.

You can believe that this is correct, I can believe that it is not.

I said you should ponder on it, clearly you haven't done so you've just stuck to your own belief which in its own way is as blinkered as the views you condemn.

If foster carers practice a religion it is not expected that the child does so, if the child practices a religion and the foster carer doesn't the carer is expected to support the child in practicing their religion. Being religious should have no impact on someone being able to foster, it's ridiculous to think someone should be banned from helping a child because they believe in something you don't.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 09:08 - Aug 31 with 4080 viewsGlasgowBlue

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:32 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Playing devils advocate, should people be banned from fostering for their political beliefs?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 9:16]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 09:14 - Aug 31 with 4062 viewsvapour_trail

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 09:08 - Aug 31 by GlasgowBlue

Playing devils advocate, should people be banned from fostering for their political beliefs?

Only if you want to lose the supply of foster parents.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 10:05 - Aug 31 with 3994 viewsGlasgowBlue

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 00:03 - Aug 31 by jaykay

well i hope this has cleared it up. the good old boys on here can look for something else to get their teeth into.
mind you the last thread on this subject was a eye opener, i quote Why would they lie?
Loads of other papers and Sky News ran it this morn

someone else even managed to squeeze old news of homophobic attacks into the tread

Threads evolve jaykay. You don't set the rules.

Several people had moved the debate onto the type of area Tower Hamlets is. My post regarding racially motivated homophobic attacks was relevant to that debate.

I am sure you aren't trying to dismiss such vile behaviour towards the LGBT community are you?

Iron Lion Zion

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 10:07 - Aug 31 with 3993 viewsjaykay

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:18 - Aug 31 by m14_blue

so this is what is ment by silence is deafening

looks like the snowflakes have melted with all the hot air they were sprouting

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 10:27 - Aug 31 with 3954 viewsHerbivore

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 09:08 - Aug 31 by GlasgowBlue

There shouldn't be a blanket ban on people because of their political or religious beliefs. Thankfully the fostering process is quite nuanced and treats people on a case by case basis rather than taking a blunt view that all people of a certain persuasion should be barred. The key issue is how a person's beliefs might impact on their ability to meet the needs of a child who might be placed with them. I guess it might be problematic having a National Front member fostering if they genuinely believe that there ain't no black in the Union Jack as they would be unable to offer a safe, positive and nurturing environment to children of colour.

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 10:28 - Aug 31 with 3951 viewsfactual_blue

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 08:22 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Benters has been on as well, posting misty eyed reminiscences about someone he never knew who died 20 years ago. Nothing about this though.

This

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 3907 viewsGlasgowBlue

Telegraph report on court documents from that fostering row on 10:27 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

There shouldn't be a blanket ban on people because of their political or religious beliefs. Thankfully the fostering process is quite nuanced and treats people on a case by case basis rather than taking a blunt view that all people of a certain persuasion should be barred. The key issue is how a person's beliefs might impact on their ability to meet the needs of a child who might be placed with them. I guess it might be problematic having a National Front member fostering if they genuinely believe that there ain't no black in the Union Jack as they would be unable to offer a safe, positive and nurturing environment to children of colour.

I completely agree with you regarding somebody who is a member of a neo Nazi racist party like the BNP/NF but who decides what is an acceptable/unacceptable political belief?

The reason I ask is because if this story from a few years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20474120

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024