Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float 14:46 - Aug 31 with 18385 viewsGlasgowBlue

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/30/police-investigate-racist-coolrunning

hundreds of people saw it and one person, a Labour Councillor, complained to the police.

Appropriate response or completely over the top?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:48 - Aug 31 with 7163 viewsunbelievablue

Ridiculous reaction.

Why is it relevant that she is a labour councillor?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:49 - Aug 31 with 7156 viewstcblue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:48 - Aug 31 by unbelievablue

Ridiculous reaction.

Are you new here?
Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:49 - Aug 31 with 7145 viewsunbelievablue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:49 - Aug 31 by tcblue

Are you new here?

No reason not to pull him up on it.

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:50 - Aug 31 with 7135 viewsGlasgowBlue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:48 - Aug 31 by unbelievablue

Ridiculous reaction.

It was reported in the story. Perhaps if she was just Joe Bloggs the police may have fobbed her off but thought a Councillor wouldn't let it go.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:51 - Aug 31 with 7119 viewsunbelievablue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:50 - Aug 31 by GlasgowBlue

It was reported in the story. Perhaps if she was just Joe Bloggs the police may have fobbed her off but thought a Councillor wouldn't let it go.

Still not relevant that she's Labour.

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:51 - Aug 31 with 7120 viewsSpruceMoose

Those four are clearly morons, at the very least. I mean, come on, who does that in this day and age thinking it won't get a reaction?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:52 - Aug 31 with 7109 viewsLord_Lucan

I am guilty of hating all things PC. I class myself as completely non racist but I do have a habit of saying old fashioned things. When I have a bruised arm and refer to it as a black mans pinch my kids tell me off.

I think this is possibly a bit borderline though. Personally I wouldn't be offended if a black bloke painted himself white for whatever reason but this is possibly a bit different.

The jury is out with me.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 7105 viewstcblue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:51 - Aug 31 by SpruceMoose

Those four are clearly morons, at the very least. I mean, come on, who does that in this day and age thinking it won't get a reaction?

I want them to have to take their 'act' to Notting Hill Carnival next year to prove how hilarious it is
Login to get fewer ads

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 7095 viewsunbelievablue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:52 - Aug 31 by Lord_Lucan

I am guilty of hating all things PC. I class myself as completely non racist but I do have a habit of saying old fashioned things. When I have a bruised arm and refer to it as a black mans pinch my kids tell me off.

I think this is possibly a bit borderline though. Personally I wouldn't be offended if a black bloke painted himself white for whatever reason but this is possibly a bit different.

The jury is out with me.

I definitely wouldn't complain if I saw this at a carnival. I might chuck something at them cos it's sh!t.

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:55 - Aug 31 with 7077 viewsLord_Lucan

Ridiculous reaction.

I can help you here.

It is because labour politicians have a habit of taking offence at everything and acting like sandal wearing lentil munchers.

But then again you knew that.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:56 - Aug 31 with 7071 viewsStenvict

Dinah needs to get a life.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:00 - Aug 31 with 7044 viewsHarryWright

What's racist about this though? It's not like they are being derogatory or prejudice about someone's race - they're just dressing up as a character and therefore trying to get an as accurate representation as possible.

If someone wanted to dress up as trump and painted their face white for it I couldn't care less as it just dressing up as a character? I might be wrong and others can explain the reasons why but that's what I think.
Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:00 - Aug 31 with 7042 viewsSpruceMoose

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:53 - Aug 31 by tcblue

I want them to have to take their 'act' to Notting Hill Carnival next year to prove how hilarious it is

Got to love white folks telling other folk of other ethnicities what is and isn't offensive.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:08 - Aug 31 with 7001 viewstcblue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:00 - Aug 31 by HarryWright

What's racist about this though? It's not like they are being derogatory or prejudice about someone's race - they're just dressing up as a character and therefore trying to get an as accurate representation as possible.

If someone wanted to dress up as trump and painted their face white for it I couldn't care less as it just dressing up as a character? I might be wrong and others can explain the reasons why but that's what I think.

You're missing the entire contextual history of 'blackface' and its role in racial stereotyping.
Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:11 - Aug 31 with 6985 viewsimsureazzure

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:53 - Aug 31 by tcblue

Do you think they would be added to the arrests or injured list?
Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:14 - Aug 31 with 6961 viewsStenvict

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:00 - Aug 31 by HarryWright

If someone was to dress up as Donald Trump I think they would paint their face orange rather than white

Poll: What will be announced first?

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:14 - Aug 31 with 6958 viewsunbelievablue

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:55 - Aug 31 by Lord_Lucan

I can help you here.

It is because labour politicians have a habit of taking offence at everything and acting like sandal wearing lentil munchers.

Lol. Too hungover to bother.

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:15 - Aug 31 with 6943 viewstextbackup

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:51 - Aug 31 by SpruceMoose

Seen this type of fancy dress 4/5 times in Ipswich, never a compliant

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:19 - Aug 31 with 6918 viewsartsbossbeard

That's what makes me think there's no racist overtone to it and it's just four Soccer-AM loving simpletons thinking it would be a good laugh.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:21 - Aug 31 with 6899 viewsSpruceMoose

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:15 - Aug 31 by textbackup

Seen this type of fancy dress 4/5 times in Ipswich, never a compliant

You realise that, if true, this reflects poorly on Ipswich?

on 15:21 - Aug 31 with 6897 views_

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:26 - Aug 31 with 6857 viewsHarryWright

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:08 - Aug 31 by tcblue

You're missing the entire contextual history of 'blackface' and its role in racial stereotyping.

Nope, not something I've come across before so that pretty much makes my comment redundant. I'll take a look so the whole thing makes more sense to me.
Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:31 - Aug 31 with 6820 viewsartsbossbeard

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:21 - Aug 31 by SpruceMoose

You realise that, if true, this reflects poorly on Ipswich?

I'd go as far as to say that Ipswich is one of the most racially tolerant/racially integrated towns/cities in the country.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:31 - Aug 31 with 6821 viewsDyland

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 14:55 - Aug 31 by Lord_Lucan

I can help you here.

There's nothing wrong with lentils you old mook!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Four men being investigated by Police for 'racist' Cool Runnings carnival float on 15:32 - Aug 31 with 6808 viewsWeWereZombies

Whilst we are on the subject, I went to the beer and burgers night in the Swan at Needham Market last Saturday (and a decent antidote to that afternoon's game it was too) and, going through the card, had a pint of dark beer from the Woodforde brewery called 'Nog' - didn't think about it at the time but, on reflection, it's a bit close to the knuckle, isn't it?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024