Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? 18:12 - Sep 12 with 2347 viewsRyorry

Prof Stephen Hawking reckons that humans need to find a new home planet in the next 100 years, or we're stuffed as a species. Must admit I'm a bit shocked re his timescale, but the rest of the prog was intriguing, looking at every stage & requirement of such a move -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0953y04/the-search-for-a-new-earth

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:35 - Sep 12 with 2300 viewsfactual_blue

In my experience interstellar travel has always been a bit of a disappointment.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:40 - Sep 12 with 2288 viewsblue_oyster

Happy to let him test out a new planet, then report back with his findings. Look forward to it.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:41 - Sep 12 with 2284 viewsDubtractor

Gonna watch it tonight, realised it was on as it was nearly finished last night.

I read a lot of sci fi and interested in the reality of finding and terraforming a planet.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:41 - Sep 12 with 2282 viewsJ2BLUE

Thanks for posting that, i'll enjoy watching it at some point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:46 - Sep 12 with 2273 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:35 - Sep 12 by factual_blue

I always thought it was a metaphor when people said you were speaking out of Uranus.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:47 - Sep 12 with 2265 viewsRyorry

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:46 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

I always thought it was a metaphor when people said you were speaking out of Uranus.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:53 - Sep 12 with 2242 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:46 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

We are alike in oh so many ways.

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:54 - Sep 12 with 2236 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:53 - Sep 12 by factual_blue

We are alike in oh so many ways.

Any chance he might be your offspring?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 19:01 - Sep 12 with 2212 viewsTractorWood

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:35 - Sep 12 by factual_blue

Apart from when people think a light year is a measure of time not distance. It's the best space gaff by a parsec.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 19:01 - Sep 12 with 2210 viewsFtnfwest

Is that how long we've got to relocate the North Koreans?
Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 19:05 - Sep 12 with 2200 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone see the "Search for a new Earth" docu on BBC2 last night? on 18:54 - Sep 12 by SpruceMoose

Any chance he might be your offspring?

To paraphrase Kid Creole, if I were in his blood, he wouldn't be so ugly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024