Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
89th Minute winner and a bitter manager 19:28 - Oct 28 with 3900 viewsmattelliot

What a terrible press conference to have when your team has just won away in the 89th minute. Awful state of affairs. Whenever you try and have some sympathy for the man, he just alienates everyone by being such a dick. You can tell he’s sooo pi$$ed off that Celina scored but bringing on Bru and Ward ahead of him when you’re 1-0 down, come on!!!!. You really feel that this squad is capable of an awful lot more than he is getting out of them. His failure to build a midfield in 5 years will be his epitaph however much there have been good buys and positives (Mings, Webster, garner and Waghorn for example) along the way.
89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:30 - Oct 28 with 3875 viewsJ2BLUE

This thing about him being annoyed Celina scored is total BS. If he was that concerned he wouldn't have put him on at all.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:35 - Oct 28 with 3828 viewsDarth_Koont

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:30 - Oct 28 by J2BLUE

This thing about him being annoyed Celina scored is total BS. If he was that concerned he wouldn't have put him on at all.

Agreed. I bet Mick's "problems' with Celina pale into insignificance compared to his difficulties with the w@nkdoodles among the media and fanbase.

Pronouns: He/Him

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:40 - Oct 28 with 3793 viewstractorboy1978

He needs to stop making excuses for not starting him and give him a run and an opportunity from the start. He's clearly a game changer and clearly a player that can win a game out of nothing. He's 21 and will have the odd duff game but all of them do. "it's too scrappy for him", "we need better protection defensively" - just let the boy play.
89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:45 - Oct 28 with 3756 viewshomer_123

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:40 - Oct 28 by tractorboy1978

He needs to stop making excuses for not starting him and give him a run and an opportunity from the start. He's clearly a game changer and clearly a player that can win a game out of nothing. He's 21 and will have the odd duff game but all of them do. "it's too scrappy for him", "we need better protection defensively" - just let the boy play.

He is a game changer and one that, clearly, at the moment works wonderfully well against a tiring opposition.

That doesn't negate him starting but he seems very effective coming off the bench.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:45 - Oct 28 with 3755 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:49 - Oct 28 with 3717 viewslazyblue

I would say he put Celina on to score!
89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:50 - Oct 28 with 3709 viewshomer_123

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:49 - Oct 28 by lazyblue

I would say he put Celina on to score!

An own goal ideally though.

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:52 - Oct 28 with 3685 viewstractorboy1978

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:45 - Oct 28 by homer_123

He is a game changer and one that, clearly, at the moment works wonderfully well against a tiring opposition.

That doesn't negate him starting but he seems very effective coming off the bench.

Any decent player of that ilk will look better against a tired defence, but he's someone I'd rather have playing against the opposition for 75 minutes than 15 minutes. The goal he scored today had nothing to do with beating defenders that were knackered, it was a bit of quality from a dead ball in a shooting position that to be perfectly honest we rarely see from Ipswich Town players these days.
Login to get fewer ads

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:55 - Oct 28 with 3664 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect the OP is the truly bitter one here. Imagine being upset because the manager's put a sub on who's won the game for us.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2017 20:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:56 - Oct 28 with 3646 viewshomer_123

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:52 - Oct 28 by tractorboy1978

Any decent player of that ilk will look better against a tired defence, but he's someone I'd rather have playing against the opposition for 75 minutes than 15 minutes. The goal he scored today had nothing to do with beating defenders that were knackered, it was a bit of quality from a dead ball in a shooting position that to be perfectly honest we rarely see from Ipswich Town players these days.

Today is today, just one part of his game.

He's most effective getting the ball and running at the opposition. He's young, still learning and also still adapting to a division that is vastly different to anything he has experienced.

As I say, he should start some games, to develop his game and learn more but I can see why Mick is currently using him as he is. I stated yesterday that I would have started with Celina today.

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 20:03 - Oct 28 with 3598 viewstractorboy1978

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:56 - Oct 28 by homer_123

Today is today, just one part of his game.

He's most effective getting the ball and running at the opposition. He's young, still learning and also still adapting to a division that is vastly different to anything he has experienced.

As I say, he should start some games, to develop his game and learn more but I can see why Mick is currently using him as he is. I stated yesterday that I would have started with Celina today.

I think there are clearly instances when it is correct to leave him on the bench but IMO he should be starting more often than not. I don't see him as the messiah by any means but I don't believe he's had a fair crack of the whip yet. I don't really see that Mick has used him particularly well so far, he's largely been thrown on in "last chance saloon" moments of games.
89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 20:06 - Oct 28 with 3577 viewshomer_123

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 20:03 - Oct 28 by tractorboy1978

I think there are clearly instances when it is correct to leave him on the bench but IMO he should be starting more often than not. I don't see him as the messiah by any means but I don't believe he's had a fair crack of the whip yet. I don't really see that Mick has used him particularly well so far, he's largely been thrown on in "last chance saloon" moments of games.

Yet is the keyword here isn't it?

He is still learning and moreover learning what Mick needs from him. However, he is doing the right stuff. He's given playing time and does well, if he continues in that vain he will start more and more.

Still early days for him.

As I said, I would have liked to seen him start today but....he didn't. He came on and hit a decent free kick to win the game and grab 3 pts.

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 21:12 - Oct 28 with 3441 viewsLankHenners

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:55 - Oct 28 by BlueBadger

I suspect the OP is the truly bitter one here. Imagine being upset because the manager's put a sub on who's won the game for us.

Across here and Twitter it does appear that there are a fair few people who are genuinely gutted that we won.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 21:17 - Oct 28 with 3409 viewstextbackup

Fans think MM is annoyed Celina scored

Fans also think other fans are annoyed we won

what a time to be alive.... if only there was a man that spoke to the media and could really try to form some sort of bond with the fans, especially after a last min win. would take a real man to do that.

he could make it so much easier for everyone, but he wont, hes just as bad as the superfans think the likes of me are

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 08:05 - Oct 29 with 3125 viewsmattelliot

89th Minute winner and a bitter manager on 19:55 - Oct 28 by BlueBadger

Not upset.

Just flabbergasted at they way mick has responded to a huge win and a late winner from a future superstar. He should be putting praise on him, instead he is attacking the fans who were calling for the game changer!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024