Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a bizarre game 17:39 - Nov 4 with 2300 viewsDubtractor

First half, from both teams, was a bad a game as I have seen in years. Awful, awful stuff.

Yet second half we attacked with purpose, scored good goals, and defended very well.

Worth noting that the Waghorn free kick came as a result of our first genuinely decent bit of passing play.

So overall good, but man that first half was tough.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What a bizarre game on 17:46 - Nov 4 with 2243 viewspointofblue

First half I think Preston were desperately making it scrappy and we went down to their level - perhaps because we needed to to hold our own. Second half they had to open up, we gained confidence and broke through them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What a bizarre game on 17:47 - Nov 4 with 2231 viewsportmanking

Couldn't have put it better myself.
What a bizarre game on 17:52 - Nov 4 with 2208 viewspatrickswell

Following game through Stuart Watson on Twitter: sounds like first half wasn’t helped by constant injury stoppages?
What a bizarre game on 17:53 - Nov 4 with 2196 viewsjeera

To quote Mills come half-time.

"No football has been played".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What a bizarre game on 17:55 - Nov 4 with 2177 viewsDubtractor

What a bizarre game on 17:52 - Nov 4 by patrickswell

Following game through Stuart Watson on Twitter: sounds like first half wasn’t helped by constant injury stoppages?

It wasn't, but that was just a part of it.

It was more or less just a succession of clearances from both teams though, plus some occasional head tennis, interspersed with some injuries.

Second half was like night and day.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What a bizarre game on 17:58 - Nov 4 with 2135 viewsEastTownBlue

What a bizarre game on 17:46 - Nov 4 by pointofblue

First half I think Preston were desperately making it scrappy and we went down to their level - perhaps because we needed to to hold our own. Second half they had to open up, we gained confidence and broke through them.

Exactly that. It needed an Ipswich goal to open the game up. I don't think it would have happened in open play but thankfully we now have a couple of free kick takers.
What a bizarre game on 18:17 - Nov 4 with 2041 viewspatrickswell

What a bizarre game on 17:55 - Nov 4 by Dubtractor

It wasn't, but that was just a part of it.

It was more or less just a succession of clearances from both teams though, plus some occasional head tennis, interspersed with some injuries.

Second half was like night and day.

Forgot to say that I watched Final Score as well. BBC man detested the first half until stoppage time. Praised us for a much better second half.
What a bizarre game on 18:22 - Nov 4 with 2001 viewsHerbivore

First half they - aided by a selectively fussy ref - managed to stop it being anything remotely like a football match. I don't think we were even all that bad, there was just never mote than 30 seconds of actual football. The goal made them have to play a bit more, plus Bru came on and wanted a game of actual football and that helped.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

What a bizarre game on 18:23 - Nov 4 with 1988 viewsDarth_Koont

I enjoyed the first half. Proper arm-wrestle although the ref and head injuries didn't help the tempo nor the atmosphere.

Second half came from that first half and goal. We didn't play any better or worse second half.

Good, solid Championship performance.

Pronouns: He/Him

What a bizarre game on 18:46 - Nov 4 with 1907 viewsMelford

What a bizarre game on 18:23 - Nov 4 by Darth_Koont

I enjoyed the first half. Proper arm-wrestle although the ref and head injuries didn't help the tempo nor the atmosphere.

Second half came from that first half and goal. We didn't play any better or worse second half.

Good, solid Championship performance.

What you saw first half was standard Championship fayre. Tough and attritional in difficult conditions, players were slipping and sliding all over the place. Both teams were fighting it out, we weren't getting battered, we hung in there and when we managed a decent passing move we got the free-kick and Waghorn put it away. We got our chance when it came and took it at the perfect time just before half-time, gave us the confidence to come out second half and be more expansive.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024