Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone in the know Re MM 10:07 - Jan 11 with 3389 viewsWestSussexBlue

Some of you have reliable sources I know, So any word from within what the plans are for MM?
I’m struggling to believe we might actually get to May where several first teamers as well as MM and TC will walk and there aren’t any ideas what’s happening after.
Surely being a World Cup year this restricts summer activity further.
So any whispers anyone?
Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:23 - Jan 11 with 3337 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone with a reliable source is unlikely to post on such a delicate subject. Would expect the situation to be clear before the club invites renewal of season tickets, going to be difficult to promote the sale otherwise.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:26 - Jan 11 with 3327 viewsGiveusaWave

No whispers I'm afraid. I have contacts with two other football clubs but not the club I support and love.

However..this transfer window will give us a strong indication of what is happening.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2018 10:27]

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:27 - Jan 11 with 3314 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not sure that a World Cup massively effects us.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:31 - Jan 11 with 3300 viewschicoazul

As I have explained before Mick is trolling Evans and us by selling our best players now and pretending to have replacements lined up before he declines to sign his contract in the summer. He is doing this because he is butthurt at how mean a few dozen fans were toward him after he embarrassed us all on national TV by losing to Lincoln. This is fact in my opinion.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:33 - Jan 11 with 3282 viewsBackToRussia

My guess is that Evans is currently bricking it with no idea what he will do if MM rejects a new contract. As such, there is nothing "to know".

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:51 - Jan 11 with 3212 viewsitfcjoe

It's fairly obvious that ME will be planning for the next manager - making enquiries and drawing up a shortlist, which will likely be linked to availability of preferred candidates.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:56 - Jan 11 with 3199 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I have a feeling Stuart Watson is going to be asking Mick about his future in the pre-match interview this week so we might get a few more clues then.

Think we all know though that he is off though anyway, its just a matter of when now.

I believe Evans is back from his winter holiday now so fingers crossed he is making plans for Micks replacement and the sooner the better.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:29 - Jan 11 with 3115 viewsColchesterBlue1985

The only source I’ve spoken to has said in short nobody knows. I know mick has offered to leave in the past but the owner talked him into staying (after Lincoln) however at this time no one around the club knows. Think the uncertainty is why skuse hasn’t yet been offered a new deal, micks first name on the team sheet and is into last few months. This happened to chambers last season around the same time when it looked like McCarthy might be leaving.

I think it really is 50/50 whether he ends up staying or not. Marcus Evans whilst has been here 10 years is not an experienced football club owner and doesn’t have many football related staff between him and the manager so it will be a lot of effort on his side to replace mick and then you have to replace him with a manager whose willing to run the club from top to bottom not just a coach.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:38 - Jan 11 with 3074 viewshype313

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:29 - Jan 11 by ColchesterBlue1985

The only source I’ve spoken to has said in short nobody knows. I know mick has offered to leave in the past but the owner talked him into staying (after Lincoln) however at this time no one around the club knows. Think the uncertainty is why skuse hasn’t yet been offered a new deal, micks first name on the team sheet and is into last few months. This happened to chambers last season around the same time when it looked like McCarthy might be leaving.

I think it really is 50/50 whether he ends up staying or not. Marcus Evans whilst has been here 10 years is not an experienced football club owner and doesn’t have many football related staff between him and the manager so it will be a lot of effort on his side to replace mick and then you have to replace him with a manager whose willing to run the club from top to bottom not just a coach.

The consensus I get from the two people I know within the club is that he will leave on a mutual basis at the end of the season. Think he's had enough and probably feels he has taken us as far as he can and Marcus needs ticket sales, something which won't happen if Mick stays another year.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:38 - Jan 11 with 3071 viewsCambonbleu

Maybe when we're safe it'll be announced what MM's future is.

But we'd need someone to be lined up to take over, and in the season it'd be someone out of contract and available. So probably Gary Megson or Gerry Francis

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:44 - Jan 11 with 3039 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:38 - Jan 11 by hype313

The consensus I get from the two people I know within the club is that he will leave on a mutual basis at the end of the season. Think he's had enough and probably feels he has taken us as far as he can and Marcus needs ticket sales, something which won't happen if Mick stays another year.

I hope your right.

The atmosphere is horrible, the footballs rubbish and we’re out of every competition again by January.

On that basis how could anyone not want change!!
Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:56 - Jan 11 with 2995 viewsSoroche

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:44 - Jan 11 by ColchesterBlue1985

I hope your right.

The atmosphere is horrible, the footballs rubbish and we’re out of every competition again by January.

On that basis how could anyone not want change!!

Can anyone with a long memory or access to press cuttings etc. repeat what Bill McGarry said about Ipswich when he resigned (to go to Wolves?). Something to the effect that the club had little potential l believe. It is therefore ironic that this preceded the most successful period in the club history. A small reason for optimism? Taking on a manager with lots to prove.
Anyone in the know Re MM on 12:00 - Jan 11 with 2970 viewsPJH

Anyone in the know Re MM on 11:56 - Jan 11 by Soroche

Can anyone with a long memory or access to press cuttings etc. repeat what Bill McGarry said about Ipswich when he resigned (to go to Wolves?). Something to the effect that the club had little potential l believe. It is therefore ironic that this preceded the most successful period in the club history. A small reason for optimism? Taking on a manager with lots to prove.

I think that it was Frank O'Farrell that said that in turning down the chance to replace Bill McGarry, eventually we ended up with a certain Robert Robson.
Anyone in the know Re MM on 12:07 - Jan 11 with 2931 viewsWestSussexBlue

Anyone in the know Re MM on 10:51 - Jan 11 by itfcjoe

It's fairly obvious that ME will be planning for the next manager - making enquiries and drawing up a shortlist, which will likely be linked to availability of preferred candidates.

So your confident ME is actively looking and has a calibre and style of manager in mind to turn the fortunes of ITFC as a club around?
Anyone in the know Re MM on 12:08 - Jan 11 with 2925 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone in the know Re MM on 12:07 - Jan 11 by WestSussexBlue

So your confident ME is actively looking and has a calibre and style of manager in mind to turn the fortunes of ITFC as a club around?

I'm confident he's actually looking - I didn't say the second part!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024