Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? 11:13 - Jan 31 with 2456 viewsITFC_Forever

Football tradition dictates that clubs who have won the FAC are can choose to use triangular corner flags.

It narks me (irrationally, I know) that we don't take this opportunity to celebrate a former glory in what would be at minimal cost.

As this is the 40th anniversary of us winning the cup, this year would be as good a year as any to introduce this....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 11:32 - Jan 31 with 2429 viewsBrianTablet

And blue goal nets.

I'd take 10 more years of MM if we had blue goal nets.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 11:35 - Jan 31 with 2420 viewsITFC_Forever

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 11:32 - Jan 31 by BrianTablet

And blue goal nets.

I'd take 10 more years of MM if we had blue goal nets.

Not so fussed about the blue goal nets, the white is ok.

But the triangle corner flags are a simple and easy one to implement.

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:21 - Jan 31 with 2363 viewshoppy

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 11:35 - Jan 31 by ITFC_Forever

Not so fussed about the blue goal nets, the white is ok.

But the triangle corner flags are a simple and easy one to implement.

And Marcus would be saving on the amount of material needed, so therefore a financial saving... Kerching!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:24 - Jan 31 with 2343 viewsITFC_Forever

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:21 - Jan 31 by hoppy

And Marcus would be saving on the amount of material needed, so therefore a financial saving... Kerching!

Indeed, what's not to like?

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:24 - Jan 31 with 2342 viewsNewcyBlue

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:21 - Jan 31 by hoppy

Run on to the pitch with a pair of scissors mate. You know it makes sense.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:30 - Jan 31 with 2324 viewsimsureazzure

Been watching twin town?

Great film
Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:41 - Jan 31 with 2296 viewsconnorscontract

Write to the Club and suggest it. Ask if Mick Mills could be invited on to the pitch before the last home game of the season (closest match to Cup Final) and present them/supervise their planting to mark the anniversary.

Would be a great feel-good thing to do at the last match and, as you say, wouldn't cost very much. They could auction off the old ones for the Community Trust or EACH or something else suitable, too.
Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 13:42 - Jan 31 with 2228 viewsITFC_Forever

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 12:30 - Jan 31 by imsureazzure

Been watching twin town?

Great film

No.... haven't seen it.

One of Phil's news stories had a pic of the club badge on one of our current (square) corner flags, which reminded me of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 14:16 - Jan 31 with 2198 viewsbluehook

Start a crowdfund. I’ll put in a tenner. That’ll cover half a flag. 👍
Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 17:50 - Jan 31 with 2126 viewshoppy

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 14:16 - Jan 31 by bluehook

Start a crowdfund. I’ll put in a tenner. That’ll cover half a flag. 👍

Is that before or after it's been cut to a triangle?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 19:44 - Jan 31 with 2051 viewsstonojnr

Isn't this always disputed as an actual tradition when it comes up
Never mind Deadline Day - how do we get ITFC to change to triangle corner flags? on 21:54 - Jan 31 with 1965 viewsitfctim

Maybe they'll cut 2existing flags diagonally, making 4 triangular ones, and sell the other 2 at auction?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024