Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time 09:48 - Feb 26 with 4423 viewsPJH

at Preston despite there being stoppages for injuries in the second half and us doing some quite effective time wasting.
Where the hell did that 5 minutes at Carrot Rud come from?

I expected it to be more than 3 minutes at Preston but the time added for one or other(or both) games was wrong.

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 09:53 - Feb 26 with 4410 viewsReuser_is_God

Stoppage time is nearly always a complete guess.

99% of the time it’s 1 minute 1st half & 4 minutes 2nd, unless something has happened which makes it obviously another figure.

Which still begs the question, where on earth did 5 minutes come from at Carrow Rd?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:23 - Feb 26 with 4352 viewsRadlett_blue

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 09:53 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

99% of the time it’s 1 minute 1st half & 4 minutes 2nd, unless something has happened which makes it obviously another figure.

Which still begs the question, where on earth did 5 minutes come from at Carrow Rd?

No physios on the pitch in the 2nd half at Norwich.
One goal - say 1 minute.
4 subs in first 90 minutes - a generous 2 minutes.
So that's 3 minutes. No obvious time wasting or faffing either.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:25 - Feb 26 with 4350 viewsSteve_M

Only three against Cardiff too, despite the ridiculous amounts of time-wasting going on.

I think most of us can make a reasonable assumption about what is reasonable and that five minutes seemed far too much. Of course we should still have defended the bloody ball forward properly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:30 - Feb 26 with 4339 viewsGuthrum

Perhaps they should introduce what happens in the rugby, namely the clock is paused during stoppages, then restarted as play resumes.

Once the clock reaches 45 minutes, that's it for the half.

Would stop all arguments about length of added time and get rid of all the messing about with players trying to take more than 30 seconds to leave the pitch when subbed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:32 - Feb 26 with 4328 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:30 - Feb 26 by Guthrum

Perhaps they should introduce what happens in the rugby, namely the clock is paused during stoppages, then restarted as play resumes.

Once the clock reaches 45 minutes, that's it for the half.

Would stop all arguments about length of added time and get rid of all the messing about with players trying to take more than 30 seconds to leave the pitch when subbed.

Although games would then last about 2 and a half hours!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:36 - Feb 26 with 4316 viewsGuthrum

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:32 - Feb 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not really, there's no reason for non-play time-wasting, doesn't gain anything. The clock doesn't stop for every free kick (they're part of the game), just injuries, substitutions, goal celebrations and major hold ups such as a fight or a card.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:38 - Feb 26 with 4309 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:36 - Feb 26 by Guthrum

Not really, there's no reason for non-play time-wasting, doesn't gain anything. The clock doesn't stop for every free kick (they're part of the game), just injuries, substitutions, goal celebrations and major hold ups such as a fight or a card.

Ah - sorry I misunderstood, that makes sense then

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:41 - Feb 26 with 4300 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The Arsenal game in the europa cup only had 3 mins in 2nd half

2 goals - load of stoppages trainers on

3mins

why don't we go down the line where the clock is stopped like in rugby for goals subs and physio onto the pitch- that way every one knows when the 90 are up - and the ball goes out of play
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:42 - Feb 26 with 4299 viewsPinewoodblue

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:32 - Feb 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Ball is probably only in play for 60-65 minutes in a game anyway. If we are to have the clock stopped perhaps we need no more than 35 minutes each half.

Trouble is things never turn out as anticipated. They changed the rules for goal kicks to save time and what happens? Keepers use it to waste time.

Someone once told me they had considered changing throw in rules so stop teams gaining ground by taking throw further down the pitch. Suggestion apparently was any throw taken more than 5 yards from correct place would be foul throw. Was pointed out that this was a licence to gain five yards every throw in.

Players and managers are always seeking a legitimate advantage.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:44 - Feb 26 with 4295 viewsFtnfwest

I'm presuming the inconsistency is where the FIFA guidelines are strictly applied or not. Basically its 30 seconds for a booking (which is generally too long) and 30 seconds for a goal (probably too short) plus 30 seconds for a substitution. All of which added together plus a bit of time wasting/actual injury more than justifies the Nodge added time. But then if you applied it that way for all games you'd be playing 10 minutes of added time frequently. What always gets me is the tiny amount of added time applied at the end of the first half in games, it seems there has to be a major injury (such as Varney in to PO Semi) for there to be more than a minutes of added time.
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:48 - Feb 26 with 4286 viewslongtimefan

Think yourself lucky it wasn’t against Rotherham. On Sat they equalised on 90+3 and got the winner on 90+13 !!!!
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:59 - Feb 26 with 4255 viewsitfcjoe

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 09:53 - Feb 26 by Reuser_is_God

Also, what made it weird is that the ref hadn't allowed a second of injury time in first half so he wasn't even consistent with himself let alone every other ref.

We had 3 minutes on Weds v Cardiff and they timewasted so much, even during the 3 minutes.

So inconsistent - timekeeping should be taken away from the refs on the pitch really, why give them something else to worry about

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 11:00 - Feb 26 with 4251 viewsRadlett_blue

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:44 - Feb 26 by Ftnfwest

I'm presuming the inconsistency is where the FIFA guidelines are strictly applied or not. Basically its 30 seconds for a booking (which is generally too long) and 30 seconds for a goal (probably too short) plus 30 seconds for a substitution. All of which added together plus a bit of time wasting/actual injury more than justifies the Nodge added time. But then if you applied it that way for all games you'd be playing 10 minutes of added time frequently. What always gets me is the tiny amount of added time applied at the end of the first half in games, it seems there has to be a major injury (such as Varney in to PO Semi) for there to be more than a minutes of added time.

I've never heard of the "30 seconds for a booking" guideline, which is absurd for something that often takes a few seconds. Is that written anywhere?
Interestingly, European refs seem to add on far less time than in England, if Champions' League games are anything to go by. Often zero on the first half, when English refs always seem to add at least a token minute, for no apparent reason.

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 12:27 - Feb 26 with 4166 viewsFtnfwest

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 11:00 - Feb 26 by Radlett_blue

I've never heard of the "30 seconds for a booking" guideline, which is absurd for something that often takes a few seconds. Is that written anywhere?
Interestingly, European refs seem to add on far less time than in England, if Champions' League games are anything to go by. Often zero on the first half, when English refs always seem to add at least a token minute, for no apparent reason.

agreed on bookings, i've only looked on line in terms of the guidelines previously and this seems to be whats stated in excerpts. Yes when i watch european games on BT it seems to be a standard 4 minutes added on at the end regardless.
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 20:43 - Feb 26 with 4012 viewsbritbiker

Wouldn't it be better if the clock just stopped for any second half substitution. It would reduce the time waiting element at the end of games when the entertainment should be at its greatest
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 21:08 - Feb 26 with 3970 viewsJ2BLUE

Even if they say a certain number of minutes they never blow the whistle if a big team are attacking. If nothing happens in injury time the likes of United, Liverpool and Chelsea often get an extra 30 seconds to a minute of time to attack.

The power of having a whinging manager.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 21:14 - Feb 26 with 3960 viewslinhdi

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 12:27 - Feb 26 by Ftnfwest

agreed on bookings, i've only looked on line in terms of the guidelines previously and this seems to be whats stated in excerpts. Yes when i watch european games on BT it seems to be a standard 4 minutes added on at the end regardless.

30 seconds per booking and per sub is the norm. I think it is 30 secs per goal too. That gets to the 5 mins at Carrot Road.

Wenger was whinging about only 3 mins added time yesterday. Allegedly the 4th official asked him why he was bothered!!!
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 21:23 - Feb 26 with 3946 viewslongtimefan

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 12:27 - Feb 26 by Ftnfwest

They also never seem to add on further time if there is any delay during the additional time. I’ve seem numerous games where a sub has been made or the physio on and yet the game ends at the ends exactly at the time on the board.
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 21:30 - Feb 26 with 3931 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 21:14 - Feb 26 by linhdi

30 seconds per booking and per sub is the norm. I think it is 30 secs per goal too. That gets to the 5 mins at Carrot Road.

Wenger was whinging about only 3 mins added time yesterday. Allegedly the 4th official asked him why he was bothered!!!

Where has this booking myth come from? I’ve seen it mentioned frequently that 30 secs is generally allowed per goal and substitution, but the booking thing I’ve only seen mentioned on here since the Norwich game. Indeed, the FIFA guidance doesn’t mention them either:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_7_the_duration_of_th

If it were 30 seconds per booking along with each sub and goal, most games would have 5-6 mins minimum. They don’t

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 08:43 - Feb 27 with 3807 viewsitfcjoe

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 21:14 - Feb 26 by linhdi

That 30 seconds for a booking has never been a thing, plus 2 of Norwich subs were after the board went up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:59 - Feb 27 with 3760 viewslongtimefan

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 21:30 - Feb 26 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Where has this booking myth come from? I’ve seen it mentioned frequently that 30 secs is generally allowed per goal and substitution, but the booking thing I’ve only seen mentioned on here since the Norwich game. Indeed, the FIFA guidance doesn’t mention them either:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_7_the_duration_of_th

If it were 30 seconds per booking along with each sub and goal, most games would have 5-6 mins minimum. They don’t

The power of the internet! One person says it and it becomes a “fact”
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 18:47 - Feb 27 with 3692 viewsPilgrimblue

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 10:59 - Feb 27 by longtimefan

The power of the internet! One person says it and it becomes a “fact”

The whole thing needs reviewing. It was always my understanding that it was 30 secs per substitution plus injuries. But never thought time was allowed for goals (surely part of the game!) or bookings.
And thought it was 4th Official who decided extra time. Agree with posts that we'd be better off with clock being stopped but tighter controlled to stop sides from taking advantage.
Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 20:00 - Feb 27 with 3663 viewsRadlett_blue

Interesting that there was only 3 minutes injury time on 18:47 - Feb 27 by Pilgrimblue

The whole thing needs reviewing. It was always my understanding that it was 30 secs per substitution plus injuries. But never thought time was allowed for goals (surely part of the game!) or bookings.
And thought it was 4th Official who decided extra time. Agree with posts that we'd be better off with clock being stopped but tighter controlled to stop sides from taking advantage.

Exactly - if you start stopping the clock at certain moments, teams will faff more when the clock is running, as happens in Rugby Union.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024