Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today 10:10 - Mar 3 with 4581 viewsBobbychase

We've had plenty of snow in Bristol, more than we've had for ten years, but their home game with Sheff Wed is still on. I live about a mile from Ashton Gate and my road is still impassable.

It's a gamble for them,they're getting lots of stick from Sheff Wed fans because the travel advice from Avon and Somerset Police is still to only venture out if it's absolutely necessary. If they win they might steal a march on teams below them but if they have to call the game off nearer kick off it's going to look like a daft, possibly reckless decision.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:20 - Mar 3 with 4498 viewsBrixtonBlue

I did look at the fixture list and wonder why certain games were still on when ours isn't. You've got to be a determined Sunderland supporter making your way down to Millwall today!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:25 - Mar 3 with 4483 viewsBobbychase

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:20 - Mar 3 by BrixtonBlue

I did look at the fixture list and wonder why certain games were still on when ours isn't. You've got to be a determined Sunderland supporter making your way down to Millwall today!

Bristol City have had a major wobble recently. Today's match is a chance to arrest that, so I think they're rolling the dice a bit but part of me wishes Town had done the same.

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:49 - Mar 3 with 4356 viewsBenters2

This is our worst for 30 years we win.
Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:54 - Mar 3 with 4345 viewsHarryfromBath

The Bath-based Robins I know are thrilled that the game is on. There are the beginnings of a thaw in the West Country this morning and suburban arterial/bus routes can now be driven on, albeit with care.

I also wonder I the current injury-ravaged state of the Sheffield Wednesday squad played a part in their calculations to get the game in.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:58 - Mar 3 with 4314 viewsMullet

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:54 - Mar 3 by HarryfromBath

The Bath-based Robins I know are thrilled that the game is on. There are the beginnings of a thaw in the West Country this morning and suburban arterial/bus routes can now be driven on, albeit with care.

I also wonder I the current injury-ravaged state of the Sheffield Wednesday squad played a part in their calculations to get the game in.

Best not be cold in a couple of weeks. I get enough of that for games up here.

Although Rovers is still the coldest I've ever been at a ground.

I think City might end up getting heavily criticised for this regardless, if they win I guess they'll not care. But they're swelling the ranks of teams people are getting animosity towards it seems.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:03 - Mar 3 with 4283 viewsBobbychase

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:54 - Mar 3 by HarryfromBath

Cribbs Causeway closed today on police advice. Interesting contrast.

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:05 - Mar 3 with 4283 viewsHennikerBlu

As much as I would love for the game to be on, many of the fans come from out in the sticks and many back roads are blocked.

The A14/A12 have some of the highest rates of accidents in the country, even without this weather. So I think the club have made the right decision for safety reasons. I am surprised BC have ignored travel advice, I sincerely hope no one is hurt going to any of todays games, where travel advice to the contrary has been given and it will reflect poorly on any club that does ignore it.
Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:06 - Mar 3 with 4278 viewsstrikalite

What about conditions in and around the ground? Have they made a real effort in clearing and salting etc? Yeah can see why you'd make that effort if that's the case, Sheff Weds depleted squad and for City to get back on track for the play-offs...an easy decision for Town however, no real intent needed..
Login to get fewer ads

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:10 - Mar 3 with 4256 viewssolemio

Going against police advice is irresponsible.

If I lived in a village with a large green I would now write "END OF".
Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:11 - Mar 3 with 4247 viewsBobbychase

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:06 - Mar 3 by strikalite

What about conditions in and around the ground? Have they made a real effort in clearing and salting etc? Yeah can see why you'd make that effort if that's the case, Sheff Weds depleted squad and for City to get back on track for the play-offs...an easy decision for Town however, no real intent needed..

Lots of lying snow still but a slow thaw is underway.

That said, one of the biggest matchday car parks has just announced it will be closed because of the conditions. Could be interesting once kick off draws near.

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:18 - Mar 3 with 4206 viewsstrikalite

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 11:11 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

Lots of lying snow still but a slow thaw is underway.

That said, one of the biggest matchday car parks has just announced it will be closed because of the conditions. Could be interesting once kick off draws near.

What about the Policing of Sheff Weds supporters from the train station? Would that happen usually? Can't believe they'd agree to it today?
Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 14:31 - Mar 3 with 3925 viewschristiand

Southend United put an SOS message on their twitter feed to get fans to Roots Hall to clear the stadium and surrounding areas of snow. I’ve not checked recently to see if their game was still on, but that area had a lot of snow over the last couple of days. They have done well to get the all clear if the game does go ahead.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 14:52 - Mar 3 with 3878 viewspointofblue

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 14:31 - Mar 3 by christiand

Southend United put an SOS message on their twitter feed to get fans to Roots Hall to clear the stadium and surrounding areas of snow. I’ve not checked recently to see if their game was still on, but that area had a lot of snow over the last couple of days. They have done well to get the all clear if the game does go ahead.

It’s still on - one corner of the pitch is smothered in sand, though.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 15:46 - Mar 3 with 3802 viewsitfcjoe

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:25 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

Bristol City have had a major wobble recently. Today's match is a chance to arrest that, so I think they're rolling the dice a bit but part of me wishes Town had done the same.

3-0 and not half time yet, looks a good gamble

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 15:53 - Mar 3 with 3779 viewsGarv

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:25 - Mar 3 by Bobbychase

Think the risk of a wobble is even higher if anything.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 16:01 - Mar 3 with 3744 viewsBloomBlue

Bristol council put in a lot of work clearing the roads and pavements around the ground
Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 16:08 - Mar 3 with 3721 viewsRadlett_blue

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 10:58 - Mar 3 by Mullet

Best not be cold in a couple of weeks. I get enough of that for games up here.

Although Rovers is still the coldest I've ever been at a ground.

I think City might end up getting heavily criticised for this regardless, if they win I guess they'll not care. But they're swelling the ranks of teams people are getting animosity towards it seems.

Was that the FA Cup tie at the Memorial Ground in 1998 when we drew 1-1? I remember the sleet blowing into may face constantly.
The coldest I've been at a game was at the Valley on New Year's Day in 1997 when again we drew 1-1 with Charlton with an Adam Tanner penalty. If I hadn't had a hot chocolate at half time I think I would have died.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 16:25 - Mar 3 with 3660 viewsMullet

Differing approaches - Bristol City and ITFC today on 16:08 - Mar 3 by Radlett_blue

Was that the FA Cup tie at the Memorial Ground in 1998 when we drew 1-1? I remember the sleet blowing into may face constantly.
The coldest I've been at a game was at the Valley on New Year's Day in 1997 when again we drew 1-1 with Charlton with an Adam Tanner penalty. If I hadn't had a hot chocolate at half time I think I would have died.

Sounds about right, it wasn't sleet it was hail! The size of apples and a wind that whipped like a slavemaster! Think I missed bits of the game as I couldn't turn back around at times as people smooshed together like desperate penguins.

One of the games under Jewell at Hull was proper cold too. Think my nuts descended for a second time after that one.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024