Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
well, that was hard work watching that first half 15:48 - Mar 10 with 4854 viewsIllinoisblue

precious little invention, plenty of aimless hoofing. Huffing and puffing. Anyone remotely dreaming of us being in the top six needs their head examined.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2018 15:49]

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 15:51 - Mar 10 with 4799 viewsTheBlueBarca

It's a sorry old state of affairs isn't it.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 15:53 - Mar 10 with 4753 viewsBurwell_Blue

I’m getting distracted by the household chores that should be doing, they are starting to look more appealing.
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 15:54 - Mar 10 with 4751 viewsHerbivore

We're playing a side who also want to be top 6. What this game shows is what a horrible attentional league this is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:02 - Mar 10 with 4653 viewsgmanrom

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 15:54 - Mar 10 by Herbivore

We're playing a side who also want to be top 6. What this game shows is what a horrible attentional league this is.

You are kidding yourself herb, there is no need for us to be aimlessly hoofing up to a striker who is not a target man. We are literally hoping they make a mistake.

Poll: In the next 5 years what league do you us settling in?

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:05 - Mar 10 with 4624 viewsIllinoisblue

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 15:54 - Mar 10 by Herbivore

your general point of "it takes two to tango" I agree with; I do think the intentions and aims of the opposition are often dismissed as if they're not relevant.

But, that said, we are nowhere near being a top six side.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:09 - Mar 10 with 4590 viewsOsborneOneNil

You are the most positive bloke, Herb. I admire this.
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:39 - Mar 10 with 4447 viewsVaughan8

Really need to win this if we want any chance if the playoffs.

A draw isn't bad but we are playing catch up. Hoping for a late winner. Think we are due one!
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:48 - Mar 10 with 4410 viewsfloridaboy

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:39 - Mar 10 by Vaughan8

Really need to win this if we want any chance if the playoffs.

A draw isn't bad but we are playing catch up. Hoping for a late winner. Think we are due one!

Obviously going for it by putting Hyam on!!
Login to get fewer ads

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:53 - Mar 10 with 4386 viewsRobTheMonk

The midfield had literally no creativity. It's almost as if they actively are looking for a safe back pass all the time. A saving grace is it's a clean sheet. Our pitch looks ****** as well.
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:54 - Mar 10 with 4376 viewsLankHenners

Pretty standard dull Championship match - no real quality from either team but frustrating that yet again an away side at Portman Road merely had to keep their shape to shut us out.

We move the ball so slowly and a complete lack of movement off the ball means the ball carrier has little choice but to wang it into the channels hoping for a mistake. Back 3 excellent again, though - barely gave them a sniff.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:59 - Mar 10 with 4344 viewsMullet

About as Championship as the Championship gets wasn't it?

They'll come away as frustrated as us by that. If Burton was us not turning up, that was us not knowing what to do once we did. You can see how thin the squad is when it's rotated as it was today.

Without Garner there is zero physical threat, with him there's not a cohesion needed. I worry for Celina, in that he's not going to cut it in the Prem if he's so wasteful with the ball. That little trick inside the box early on, and the one over to Kenlock were superb. Too often though it doesn't come off and teams push us back way too far from it.

You can see why Fraser and Lawrence's direct running were not only more dangerous, but more consistent in producing chances too. Meanwhile, we don't have a settled unit or strong enough deputies to make the most of his gifts.

Felt Ward was ideal today, his running and all-roundedness, rather than Hyam's attributes might have connected the front two better with the rest of the team. I really rate their CB O'Connell too.

You can see why they've taken so well to Championship. 20 years ago being on a par with the Blades was about right, we've come full circle thanks to their spending at levels to come back up putting ours in starker and starker light.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:59 - Mar 10 with 4327 viewsBluesquid

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:54 - Mar 10 by LankHenners

Pretty standard dull Championship match - no real quality from either team but frustrating that yet again an away side at Portman Road merely had to keep their shape to shut us out.

We move the ball so slowly and a complete lack of movement off the ball means the ball carrier has little choice but to wang it into the channels hoping for a mistake. Back 3 excellent again, though - barely gave them a sniff.

"We move the ball so slowly and a complete lack of movement off the ball means the ball carrier has little choice but to wang it into the channels hoping for a mistake"

Bit of a long shot i know but do you think that could have something to do with Micks coaching?
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 17:02 - Mar 10 with 4290 viewsLankHenners

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:59 - Mar 10 by Bluesquid

"We move the ball so slowly and a complete lack of movement off the ball means the ball carrier has little choice but to wang it into the channels hoping for a mistake"

Bit of a long shot i know but do you think that could have something to do with Micks coaching?

Perhaps but that gives the players a massive cop out - several times this season they've not done enough but everyone blames Mick and he takes the heat.

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 17:04 - Mar 10 with 4277 viewsMullet

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:59 - Mar 10 by Bluesquid

If he's a "hoofball" merchant then surely it does the opposite?

Off the ball was irritatingly stagnant. Skuse did really well with that header to burst forward then loses his balance to dink the through ball way beyond Waghorn.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 17:09 - Mar 10 with 4231 viewsBenters2

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:09 - Mar 10 by OsborneOneNil

You are the most positive bloke, Herb. I admire this.

Drugs Shirley?
Ah the dull and attritional championship line - the blades were on 17:09 - Mar 10 with 4228 viewsunstableblue

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:54 - Mar 10 by LankHenners

Good and passed and moved really well at times.

We are just sh!t, technically poor and we are not making the most out of our players

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Ah the dull and attritional championship line - the blades were on 17:09 - Mar 10 with 4214 viewsLankHenners

Ah the dull and attritional championship line - the blades were on 17:09 - Mar 10 by unstableblue

We are just sh!t, technically poor and we are not making the most out of our players

Not that good if they can't beat a "sh!t" team are they?

Ah the dull and attritional championship line - the blades were on 17:11 - Mar 10 with 4197 viewsBenters2

Ah the dull and attritional championship line - the blades were on 17:09 - Mar 10 by unstableblue

Who is the blame for that?
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 17:26 - Mar 10 with 4112 viewsBlueAllOver

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 16:05 - Mar 10 by Illinoisblue

your general point of "it takes two to tango" I agree with; I do think the intentions and aims of the opposition are often dismissed as if they're not relevant.

But, that said, we are nowhere near being a top six side.

Maybe if we didn't have four attacking centre midfielders missing due to injury we would play a more expansive game, just a thought. Two of those who were hoped to be key signings when made in the summer.
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 09:05 - Mar 11 with 3842 viewsOsborneOneNil

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 17:09 - Mar 10 by Benters2

Drugs Shirley?

Ha! Benters, I’m just constantly stunned by the way Herbivore sees the game and how we play. Talk about blue tinted specs, he’s on another level!!
well, that was hard work watching that first half on 09:07 - Mar 11 with 3835 viewsblue75

That was one of the better first halves I’ve seen for a while. I even went back for the 2nd half that hasn’t happened since the Leeds game.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 09:09 - Mar 11 with 3821 viewsHerbivore

well, that was hard work watching that first half on 09:05 - Mar 11 by OsborneOneNil

Ha! Benters, I’m just constantly stunned by the way Herbivore sees the game and how we play. Talk about blue tinted specs, he’s on another level!!

There was nothing positive in my post.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024