Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
george burley sides 17:31 - May 4 with 2873 viewsnodge_blue

In all my time watching Ipswich - which is basically Bobby ferguson onwards - imo George Burley produced the best footballing Ipswich side.

Admittedly we had Dyer, Holland and Magilton in midfield. The football was good to watch and you knew that we were always going to be on the front foot at home.

It may be too much to ask a second time around. But I would be happy with George back.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 17:37]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

george burley sides on 17:35 - May 4 with 2846 viewswkj

I started going to footy about the time we hired Burley, and he and his team was the reason I became a blue, As much as I don't want to see him fail, I think he is the sort of person we need to fix the rift between fans and the club. If he comes and does well, it would be the dream scenario.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

george burley sides on 17:39 - May 4 with 2825 viewstextbackup

Burley is my Ipswich. My footballing childhood memories are so good because of him. I can’t see him without that feeling in my stomach

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

george burley sides on 08:33 - May 5 with 2546 viewsblueM3

If fit and firing, Huws, Adeyemi, Dozzell and potentially Bishop could be a far more dynamic and exciting midfield than the original Burley era...

Find the combo that clicks and it would make all the difference.
george burley sides on 08:36 - May 5 with 2535 viewsHerbivore

I love Burley but the idea of appointing him as our manager now is bordering on idiocy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

george burley sides on 09:08 - May 5 with 2468 viewsJohnny_Boy

george burley sides on 08:36 - May 5 by Herbivore

I love Burley but the idea of appointing him as our manager now is bordering on idiocy.

Who's to say he couldn't improve on this season's position.
george burley sides on 09:30 - May 5 with 2413 viewsSuperblue95

george burley sides on 09:08 - May 5 by Johnny_Boy

He could, but he most likely won't. Some things are best left in the past. It could tarnish his reputation with some fans aswell if it all goes belly up

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

george burley sides on 09:33 - May 5 with 2396 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm a little embarrassed for GB here, to be honest.

Keep your dignity GB, accept that you've had your time (and a great time it was too) and be happy that everyone wants to shake your hand on match day.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

george burley sides on 09:55 - May 5 with 2351 viewsJohnny_Boy

george burley sides on 09:30 - May 5 by Superblue95

He could, but he most likely won't. Some things are best left in the past. It could tarnish his reputation with some fans aswell if it all goes belly up

But there are some fans which have never forgiven him for Admin & the Grimsby Away horror show.
Putting sentiment aside, you have a manager - oozing in his own confidence of how he wants things to be done on (and off) the pitch. They both know the club inside out. That is something which can't be ignored.

Will it be a guaranteed success? Who knows. Much like Hurst, Wharburton, Coleman et all. It's a gamble.
Login to get fewer ads

george burley sides on 11:27 - May 5 with 2265 viewsHerbivore

george burley sides on 09:08 - May 5 by Johnny_Boy

He's been out of the game for 7 years and hasn't had a successful managerial job in a decade. I love Burley but people calling for him to come back need to have a word with themselves. It's pure sentiment and nothing more.

george burley sides on 11:38 - May 5 with 2245 viewsJohnny_Boy

george burley sides on 11:27 - May 5 by Herbivore

He's been out of the game for 7 years and hasn't had a successful managerial job in a decade. I love Burley but people calling for him to come back need to have a word with themselves. It's pure sentiment and nothing more.

I'm certainly not calling for him to come back, nor are many others.....however, he's applied himself. Like somebody else said, he won't get the job on past merits, he'll get the job based on what he can do now....instill a footballing confidence, let them play with no fear, teach them how to bloody pass a ball & bring the yoofs into the first team.

Even if it's for one season, I can't see anything else but positives from this.
george burley sides on 11:42 - May 5 with 2238 viewsHerbivore

george burley sides on 11:38 - May 5 by Johnny_Boy

I'm certainly not calling for him to come back, nor are many others.....however, he's applied himself. Like somebody else said, he won't get the job on past merits, he'll get the job based on what he can do now....instill a footballing confidence, let them play with no fear, teach them how to bloody pass a ball & bring the yoofs into the first team.

Even if it's for one season, I can't see anything else but positives from this.

Yeah but you're a numbskull though.

george burley sides on 11:46 - May 5 with 2227 viewsJohnny_Boy

george burley sides on 11:42 - May 5 by Herbivore

Yeah but you're a numbskull though.

What a charmer you are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024