Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? 08:49 - May 8 with 2476 viewsMaySixth

Currently a Virgin customer
Moving house in next month
Want to play the market and get a new deal including sport channels
Which one of Sky/Virgin/BT works best do you think?
Looking for TV, Broadband
Thanks

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:00 - May 8 with 2450 viewsIpswichKnight

Phone up Virgin and tell them you are thinking of cancelling now that you are moving, guarentee they will not take that well and make you many offers! The Mrs phoned up Virgin to tell them she was cancelling when we moved in together and even though our road has no cable and can't receive Virgin they kept making her offers not to cancel!
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:07 - May 8 with 2433 viewsPinewoodblue

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:00 - May 8 by IpswichKnight

Phone up Virgin and tell them you are thinking of cancelling now that you are moving, guarentee they will not take that well and make you many offers! The Mrs phoned up Virgin to tell them she was cancelling when we moved in together and even though our road has no cable and can't receive Virgin they kept making her offers not to cancel!

When we cancelled Sky they even rang a reminded us that it wasn't too late to stay with them as we had a right to cancel any virgin contract we may have agreed to as long as we did it within 14 days. They never give up.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:15 - May 8 with 2423 viewsGunnsAirkick

We've had both Virgin and Sky, we're with Virgin for our Broadband and Sky for our TV. Virgin has a far superior Broadband service, but we went back to Sky for TV as it just works. The TiVo box is pretty antiquated to use now. I know they've just updated it but even with that the Sky box (even the basic one we have) is so much better and you get a better selection of channels for less money (if you can stomach giving money to crook Murdoch).
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:21 - May 8 with 2406 viewsPinewoodblue

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:15 - May 8 by GunnsAirkick

We've had both Virgin and Sky, we're with Virgin for our Broadband and Sky for our TV. Virgin has a far superior Broadband service, but we went back to Sky for TV as it just works. The TiVo box is pretty antiquated to use now. I know they've just updated it but even with that the Sky box (even the basic one we have) is so much better and you get a better selection of channels for less money (if you can stomach giving money to crook Murdoch).

When things go wrong Virgin are, in my experience, much more hands on. If anything goes wrong with the box they come out straight away and replace it, no charge. A few years ago they replaced the box for no reason other thsn it's age, they made first contact. They rang, made an appointment and delivered and installed.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:23 - May 8 with 2406 viewsOsborneOneNil

Sky TV, then use Utility Warehouse for phone, broadband, gas, electric, mobile, free LEDs throughout your new home (for free, for life), discount on food, fuel and all shopping..

Shameless plug, but they are brilliant for value and customer service.
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:31 - May 8 with 2392 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

If you have to have the sky dish on the front of your house go with one of the other providers. Otherwise I'd stick with sky.

I had a leaflet through from Virgin two weeks ago offering me the complete (i.e. with Sky Sports) package for £89 per month.... that was for the first year saving over £400 on the usual cost. That's not cheap.
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:50 - May 8 with 2365 viewstcblue

Fibre / high speed cable and NowTV.

Cheaper and you don't have to have the ignominy of a Sky dish or the ugly Virgin Media remote control.
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:53 - May 8 with 2356 viewsCurrie10

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:31 - May 8 by FrowsyArmLarry

If you have to have the sky dish on the front of your house go with one of the other providers. Otherwise I'd stick with sky.

I had a leaflet through from Virgin two weeks ago offering me the complete (i.e. with Sky Sports) package for £89 per month.... that was for the first year saving over £400 on the usual cost. That's not cheap.

£89 p year, woah, that's insane.

I pay £32 a month for BT fibre / sports which I don't think is too shabby.

BT having the champions league at the minute being a good part of the reason as to why I'm with them.

All will offer great deals magically if you wish to leave... funny that....
Login to get fewer ads

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:58 - May 8 with 2345 viewsFtnfwest

i'm currently on sky TV and BT Broadband but being pit of contract on the latter is getting ludicrously expensive. We originally gave up the sky broadband because it was pants but i don't know if Skyfibre has improved that massively or not? If it has i might move back.
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 12:04 - May 8 with 2260 viewsbenno1uk

I'm with Sky for TV (not broadband). Just threaten to cancel every year and they'll offer you a half price deal. I've done it for the last 5 years or so and seems to work. I think they are desperate to keep customers amidst all the competion (plus people using illegal Kodi boxes etc). I currently pay £25 pm for sky basic package plus Sky Sports.

I would cancel straight away though if it went to full price - simply not worth it in my opinion.
[Post edited 8 May 2018 12:04]
Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 12:16 - May 8 with 2235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:58 - May 8 by Ftnfwest

i'm currently on sky TV and BT Broadband but being pit of contract on the latter is getting ludicrously expensive. We originally gave up the sky broadband because it was pants but i don't know if Skyfibre has improved that massively or not? If it has i might move back.

I swapped fibre broadband and phone over from Sky to BT last year. MUCH better on BT. God knows why as it's all through the same lines, but Sky was rubbish and we've had no problems with BT since and a much more stable and faster connection.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 12:30 - May 8 with 2224 viewshype313

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 09:53 - May 8 by Currie10

£89 p year, woah, that's insane.

I pay £32 a month for BT fibre / sports which I don't think is too shabby.

BT having the champions league at the minute being a good part of the reason as to why I'm with them.

All will offer great deals magically if you wish to leave... funny that....

£89 per month, not year.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Moving house - Sky/Virgin/BT ??? on 12:35 - May 8 with 2220 viewsHipsterectomy

If you just want sports you can do the Now TV monthly pass at £33. You'll need the Now TV on top which is £8.

Dunno if that's better or worse than Sky and Sky Sports, but no contract involved

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024