Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... 19:16 - May 14 with 2236 viewsNewcyBlue

They have upset Brexiteers, who are absolutely furious with them, who also did save their necks a while back...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/13/incontinent-fury-of-brexit

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?
[Post edited 14 May 2018 19:16]

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 19:48 - May 14 with 2161 viewsGollum

Funny how the left suddenly love the Lords .
House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:04 - May 14 with 2135 viewsJ2BLUE

The Guardian purely seems to be self important types telling everyone else what they should think lately.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:05 - May 14 with 2128 viewsSpruceMoose

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:04 - May 14 by J2BLUE

The Guardian purely seems to be self important types telling everyone else what they should think lately.

Are most papers not the same way? The only thing which changes is the message they are pushing.

That's why TWTD is my preferred news source.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 20:07]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:06 - May 14 with 2126 viewswkj

You know, I have noticed that, the guardian used to be quite a pleasant read, i wouldn't exactly say neutral, but not overbearing. If only the BBC was truly impartial too, i have been massively disappointed in their selective reporting this year especially.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:10 - May 14 with 2110 viewsJ2BLUE

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:05 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

Are most papers not the same way? The only thing which changes is the message they are pushing.

That's why TWTD is my preferred news source.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 20:07]

Most are but they do try and present it as news. The Guardian just has people who think they know best telling everyone else what to think with cringe worthy headlines like 'This is how we stop Brexit' or similar titles which show the 'enlightened progressive liberals' have learnt precisely nothing from Brexit.

Truly impaired.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:12 - May 14 with 2103 viewsSpruceMoose

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:10 - May 14 by J2BLUE

Most are but they do try and present it as news. The Guardian just has people who think they know best telling everyone else what to think with cringe worthy headlines like 'This is how we stop Brexit' or similar titles which show the 'enlightened progressive liberals' have learnt precisely nothing from Brexit.

I'm still not sure that's there's much to learn from Brexit, other than a large group of the population love punching themselves in the face unthinkingly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:13 - May 14 with 2101 viewsNewcyBlue

I don’t think anyone has learnt anything from Brexit.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:15 - May 14 with 2093 viewswkj

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:13 - May 14 by NewcyBlue

I don't think they have, and that is why I voted against it mainly, because I had no faith in any of our politicians to get it right; I didn't even fully consider what should have been the real issues because of how ugly I could see it turning.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:18 - May 14 with 2079 viewsJ2BLUE

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:12 - May 14 by SpruceMoose

I'm still not sure that's there's much to learn from Brexit, other than a large group of the population love punching themselves in the face unthinkingly.

Hmm, not sure if that was clever or proving my point.

Truly impaired.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:20 - May 14 with 2069 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s an opinion piece. That’s the whole point. The news items are quite different, although obviously left biased still. At least there’s a distinction in the broad sheets. The tabloids are all opinion, rants and outrage with little factual reporting (except the sport).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:22 - May 14 with 2064 viewsSpruceMoose

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:18 - May 14 by J2BLUE

Hmm, not sure if that was clever or proving my point.

Well, both sides are large groups and I think there's been a fair amount of face punching on both sides. But really, I have to say (maybe because I'm living in Trump land), I'm a bit fed up of trying to understand why people do things which, to my mind, are ignorant and distasteful, and motivated by unpleasant beliefs.

I'm sure that's a failure of mine though. I'm just tired of it. And it's really putting me off people in general.

Jaded Moose.
[Post edited 14 May 2018 20:22]

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:22 - May 14 with 2061 viewsNewcyBlue

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 19:48 - May 14 by Gollum

Funny how the left suddenly love the Lords .

The whole sh!t show is a bit of a farce. When you read into it all, Christ it’s funny.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:23 - May 14 with 2058 viewsJ2BLUE

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:20 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

It’s an opinion piece. That’s the whole point. The news items are quite different, although obviously left biased still. At least there’s a distinction in the broad sheets. The tabloids are all opinion, rants and outrage with little factual reporting (except the sport).

I know that. Just saying their entire site seems to be opinion pieces from people who think their opinion is the one true opinion and everyone else should just shut up and agree.

Truly impaired.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:26 - May 14 with 2045 viewsNewcyBlue

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:23 - May 14 by J2BLUE

I know that. Just saying their entire site seems to be opinion pieces from people who think their opinion is the one true opinion and everyone else should just shut up and agree.

It’s like you are a new poster....

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:27 - May 14 with 2034 viewsJ2BLUE

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:26 - May 14 by NewcyBlue

It’s like you are a new poster....

...and not the first ballot Hall of Famer I actually am.

Truly impaired.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:29 - May 14 with 2028 viewsNewcyBlue

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:27 - May 14 by J2BLUE

...and not the first ballot Hall of Famer I actually am.

You’re in the ballet hall of fame?!?

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:31 - May 14 with 2018 viewsJ2BLUE

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:29 - May 14 by NewcyBlue

You’re in the ballet hall of fame?!?

Yes, for sexual services to 21-29 year old ballerinas.

Truly impaired.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:33 - May 14 with 2011 viewsNewcyBlue

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:31 - May 14 by J2BLUE

Yes, for sexual services to 21-29 year old ballerinas.

Furthering their vows of celibacy. Got it.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:39 - May 14 with 1983 viewsJ2BLUE

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:33 - May 14 by NewcyBlue

Furthering their vows of celibacy. Got it.

Exactly. When they felt horny one look at me was like an instant cold shower.

Truly impaired.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 21:07 - May 14 with 1934 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 21:08 - May 14 with 1929 viewsBlueBadger

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 20:13 - May 14 by NewcyBlue

We've learnt that the British electorate is only marginally less stupid than the US electorate..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 21:08 - May 14 with 1927 viewsJ2BLUE

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 21:07 - May 14 by BlueBadger

To be fair they might be just as bad but I don't go on there so have no idea.

Truly impaired.

House of Lords getting a slating.... but.... on 21:33 - May 14 with 1893 viewstcblue

The legacy of Brexit politics has meant that any chance of unbiased media is pretty much impossible, as everything is dumbed down to binary points without nuance or thoughts of impact.

Maybe the Mayans were right, 2012 would've been a great year to go out on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024