Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St Mirren fan blasts Evans 22:17 - May 23 with 2925 viewsSeablue

Check out this thread. One poster very critical of Evans

http://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44534-disappointed-in-i
St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:19 - May 23 with 2852 viewsJ2BLUE

You're dramatising that a bit. He's clearly just frustrated.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:25 - May 23 with 2781 viewspointofblue

Though he does make an interesting point. If he is indeed waiting for Hurst then why did he prolong the interview process; why not wait nearer the time (last week, say) to run the first interviews rather than leaving a few people treading water?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:26 - May 23 with 2739 viewsElderGrizzly

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:25 - May 23 by pointofblue

Though he does make an interesting point. If he is indeed waiting for Hurst then why did he prolong the interview process; why not wait nearer the time (last week, say) to run the first interviews rather than leaving a few people treading water?

Maybe he has interviewed Hurst, agreed a deal and has told others they can move on?
St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:27 - May 23 with 2711 viewsKieran_Knows

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:26 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe he has interviewed Hurst, agreed a deal and has told others they can move on?

... because Shrewsbury would really allow that in the build up to their biggest game of the season. Not only would they be idiots for allowing it, I think I’d lose a bit of respect for Hurst as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:28 - May 23 with 2712 viewsHennikerBlu

Well he didn't inform their club neither did Sunderland. So we have purely guesswork that ME has dragged his feet. So are we saying that if ME had made the offer and Sunderland came in with a superior counter offer he would have gone with us? Not convinced.

Suspect that the reason he highlighted ITFC interest to the press was to get Sunderland to go firm. Or why did he mention to the press that he had spoken to us and not Sunderland? He has got what he wanted.

I look forward to the conversation he has with a star player about going behind his back, I think the challenged player might say "Well guv I got the idea from you".
St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:30 - May 23 with 2655 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Not relevant.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:31 - May 23 with 2631 viewsElderGrizzly

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:27 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

... because Shrewsbury would really allow that in the build up to their biggest game of the season. Not only would they be idiots for allowing it, I think I’d lose a bit of respect for Hurst as well.

It could actually have the opposite effect? No longer a distraction etc
St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:34 - May 23 with 2567 viewsKieran_Knows

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:31 - May 23 by ElderGrizzly

It could actually have the opposite effect? No longer a distraction etc

I’d personally be amazed if that was the case.

FWIW, I don’t think we’ll get Hurst, and neither do I think it’ll be a run of the mill manager (Pardew, Grayson etc), but not really sure who. Possibly Parker, although I’d like to see ME go for Clarke and Stewart now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:38 - May 23 with 2507 viewsElderGrizzly

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:34 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

FWIW, I don’t think we’ll get Hurst, and neither do I think it’ll be a run of the mill manager (Pardew, Grayson etc), but not really sure who. Possibly Parker, although I’d like to see ME go for Clarke and Stewart now.

I’d be surprised too, but there is some logic to it as it allows you to focus on the job in hand rather than worry abou what next.

We apparently finished interviewing last week, so 10 days ahead of the playoff final would be ok as long as it was kept private.

Just don’t think we’ve ever offered Ross a deal, or it would have been resolved last week after his 2nd interview. Evans doesn’t hold back on manager wages and has always got first choice.
St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 22:43 - May 23 with 2443 viewspointofblue

I did notice that Clarke was surprisingly third in the betting odds around this time last week, which did surprise me considering he hadn't even been linked to us. I know odds can be easily manipulated but all the other names were ones which had been mentioned.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 07:47 - May 24 with 1855 viewstextbackup

FWIW - I have been told it is Hurst.
was number one choice from the off but ME wanted to interview a range of people to broaden his own knowledge of what to look for in managers/coaches, and also possibly have names for future appointments
I was a little gutted to see the news yesterday, about Ross, but, i'm going to trust ME on this one.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

St Mirren fan blasts Evans on 07:56 - May 24 with 1822 viewsm14_blue

Very reasonable post by the Town fan. Anyone on here?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024