Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets 11:17 - May 30 with 9014 viewsWarkTheWark

Now that we have our exciting & young manager for #aANewEra, my hope is that the club reopen the earlybird tickets, even if only for a week. A lot of people, myself included, have been waiting to see who we appoint before looking at committing & I'd imagine the uptake would outstrip the cost of doing so.
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:20 - May 30 with 4509 viewsMullet

Doesn't that completely destroy the point of the early bird then?

How many people realistically are going to renew now as opposed to when Mick went? Can't imagine it's beyond a couple of hundred is it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:22 - May 30 with 4490 viewsWarkTheWark

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:20 - May 30 by Mullet

How many people realistically are going to renew now as opposed to when Mick went? Can't imagine it's beyond a couple of hundred is it?

It does to an extent, but it is kind of uncharted territory in recent history. I was thinking closer to 1k or so, perhaps more. Guess work obviously.
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:22 - May 30 with 4486 viewsJohnny_Boy

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:20 - May 30 by Mullet

Let's just wait & see what the attendance will be on the first home game of the season.
I reckon it'll be higher than last years. Don't you?
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:25 - May 30 with 4465 views12th_Man

Why the hell should they if you haven't renewed and done it by the early bird deadline then tough

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:28 - May 30 with 4455 viewsMullet

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:22 - May 30 by WarkTheWark

It does to an extent, but it is kind of uncharted territory in recent history. I was thinking closer to 1k or so, perhaps more. Guess work obviously.

So the club then misses out on how many thousands? Assume it's a 50/50 split and 500 renew and 500 don't they've got more or less money? Plus they don't offend people who put down.

Given the fuss made about over 60's appeasing 1000 vs the majority does seem like undoing all the good work in the last month to me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:29 - May 30 with 4439 viewsBluebell

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:25 - May 30 by 12th_Man

Why the hell should they if you haven't renewed and done it by the early bird deadline then tough

I tend to agree but perhaps they could do an offer in between the Early Bird and normal prices.

It's bums on seats we need so anything we can do to encourage more people to buy tickets is fine by me. (We bought ours when they first went on sale )
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:33 - May 30 with 4429 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Early Bird prices are to reward loyalty. If you were too flimsy to commit a few weeks ago I don't see why you should get the benefit of them now.

Not to mention we've already started paying them.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:36 - May 30 with 4402 viewsWarkTheWark

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:33 - May 30 by BrixtonBlue

The Early Bird prices are to reward loyalty. If you were too flimsy to commit a few weeks ago I don't see why you should get the benefit of them now.

Would people actually be annoyed by it though?

As said above if it puts bums on seats surely it's a good thing. Fair play being loyal, i get that, but it's a pretty unique situation & for those who have stayed away there is now a reason to return.
Login to get fewer ads

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:40 - May 30 with 4375 viewsBluebell

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:36 - May 30 by WarkTheWark

As said above if it puts bums on seats surely it's a good thing. Fair play being loyal, i get that, but it's a pretty unique situation & for those who have stayed away there is now a reason to return.

I agree with Dolly although perhaps my suggestion of a reduced ticket but not as much as the Early Bird prices might work.

When the tickets came on sale, everybody knew Mick wouldn't be here any more so, as Dolly says, people should have bought then like we did.
[Post edited 30 May 2018 11:40]
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:42 - May 30 with 4360 viewsWarkTheWark

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:40 - May 30 by Bluebell

I agree with Dolly although perhaps my suggestion of a reduced ticket but not as much as the Early Bird prices might work.

When the tickets came on sale, everybody knew Mick wouldn't be here any more so, as Dolly says, people should have bought then like we did.
[Post edited 30 May 2018 11:40]

Getting rid of MM is one thing but replacing him with someone exciting is another. Granted it was 90% likely at the time it was still a risk to those uninspired.

Middle ground sounds fair but still don't understand why it would upset people.
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:44 - May 30 with 4346 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:36 - May 30 by WarkTheWark

I get what you're saying and I certainly wouldn't be annoyed by it.

Does rather make a mockery of the whole Early Bird thing the fact that they seem to extend it every year for one reason or another. Doesn't affect me though, my standing order just carries on regardless.

Not sure how re-opening Early Bird is possible anyway, with a payment already gone. Maybe they should release a 'New Manager Price' - cheaper than regular but not cheaper than Early Bird, to keep everyone happy.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:45 - May 30 with 4347 viewsBluebell

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:42 - May 30 by WarkTheWark

Getting rid of MM is one thing but replacing him with someone exciting is another. Granted it was 90% likely at the time it was still a risk to those uninspired.

Middle ground sounds fair but still don't understand why it would upset people.

We pay in full and did so in April.

If we knew that we would get the same offer in June, we may have held onto our money for another 3 months.

Why didn't you buy yours in April?
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 12:28 - May 30 with 4251 viewsWarkTheWark

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:45 - May 30 by Bluebell

We pay in full and did so in April.

If we knew that we would get the same offer in June, we may have held onto our money for another 3 months.

Why didn't you buy yours in April?

True, perhaps with hindsight the club could have been a bit more savvy with the timing - or as someone mentioned above have a reduced price inbetween the two.

I didn't get mine in April because i had no idea what the club would look like in June. MM was only the half the issue.
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 12:32 - May 30 with 4235 viewswkj

Under normal circumstances I would be of the mind that a deadline is a deadline, but I think the club would have been wiser in pushing the deadline back later than usual to lapse a week after their manager appointment.

That said, it would be a fiasco if they reopened it, as anyone who got a ticket between the dealine and reopening would be due a refund, or a lot of administration hours spent on typing up letters , re-adjusting payment schedules, etc etc. Financially I think the club wouldn't gain much be re-opening it due to the extra work and costs involved in backdating.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:04 - May 30 with 4094 viewshoppy

Can’t be bothered retyping what was lost with dodgy WiFi dropping...

Basically tho, everyone had the same opportunity to buy at early bird prices, why reopen it?
[Post edited 30 May 2018 14:08]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 14:13 - May 30 with 4068 viewsSpruceMoose

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:25 - May 30 by 12th_Man

Normally I think you're proper mental, but in this case I agree with you.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:14 - May 30 with 4063 viewsWarkTheWark

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:04 - May 30 by hoppy

Can’t be bothered retyping what was lost with dodgy WiFi dropping...

Basically tho, everyone had the same opportunity to buy at early bird prices, why reopen it?
[Post edited 30 May 2018 14:08]

Because a lot of folks would probably sign up should it reopen (seemingly less and less, but at least me & 10 or so of my mates) and I think that the club could have had a bit more savvy in the way the operate it this year with the new manager coming in after.

I for one didn't want to commit prior to seeing someone come in but each to their own i guess. My point is that there the potential to up the base attendance now that the uncertainty around our stewardship has gone.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:19 - May 30 with 4049 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:14 - May 30 by WarkTheWark

Because a lot of folks would probably sign up should it reopen (seemingly less and less, but at least me & 10 or so of my mates) and I think that the club could have had a bit more savvy in the way the operate it this year with the new manager coming in after.

I for one didn't want to commit prior to seeing someone come in but each to their own i guess. My point is that there the potential to up the base attendance now that the uncertainty around our stewardship has gone.

The whole point of the early bird discount is that you commit before knowing what the plans are for next season, isn't it?

What you would like is the 'wait and see bird' price!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:22 - May 30 with 4039 viewsWarkTheWark

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:19 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

The whole point of the early bird discount is that you commit before knowing what the plans are for next season, isn't it?

What you would like is the 'wait and see bird' price!

Hahahahaha effectively yes - but i feel this specific season warrants such a price bracket.
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 14:22 - May 30 with 4039 viewsColin_Viljoen

Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 11:33 - May 30 by BrixtonBlue

"Flimsy" that's a great word lol
[Post edited 30 May 2018 14:24]
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:29 - May 30 with 4024 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:22 - May 30 by WarkTheWark

Hahahahaha effectively yes - but i feel this specific season warrants such a price bracket.

To be honest, ITFC can't afford to be choosy. An empty seat brings in no income. I'm all for incentivising people to buy tickets, but I think it has to be done in a way where the hardcore don't end up feeling like they don't get any reward for their loyalty.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:31 - May 30 with 4021 viewswkj

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:29 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

To be honest, ITFC can't afford to be choosy. An empty seat brings in no income. I'm all for incentivising people to buy tickets, but I think it has to be done in a way where the hardcore don't end up feeling like they don't get any reward for their loyalty.

Maybe they will let people who purchase tickets until 1st July opt in or out of having Magical Vegas' logo on their seats, would be a nice middle gorund

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:40 - May 30 with 4004 viewsWarkTheWark

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:29 - May 30 by SpruceMoose

You've summed up my point perfectly, something i've thus far been unable to do in 5 or more posts - cheers.

We were looking at them earlier and £544 seems a lot for fans that are, in the past two years anyway, casual in attendance.
Hopefully they reopen earlybird season tickets on 14:43 - May 30 with 3996 viewsSuperfrans

Just out of interest on this, the club announced a few days ago that current season ticket holders have until the end of tomorrow (up until June 1) to re-book their season ticket, or they will be released.

Is this still at the early bird rate, or has that long gone? I just can't see anyone buying a North Stand season ticket at the "full" prices, post early bird.

And, personally, I don't care of anyone booking after the start of June gets the early bird rate. It wouldn't bother me at all.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:46 - May 30 with 3984 viewsSpruceMoose

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:40 - May 30 by WarkTheWark

You've summed up my point perfectly, something i've thus far been unable to do in 5 or more posts - cheers.

We were looking at them earlier and £544 seems a lot for fans that are, in the past two years anyway, casual in attendance.

As an aside, I think far more could be done with fan engagement. I bought New York Mets tickets a while back and since then I have had emails about special giveaways on game nights (free jerseys, merch, food/drinks etc.). I've also had people calling me to follow on up my 'experience' at the game and whether I would be coming back, if not, why not.

If the quality of football isn't always top notch, the club could still attempt to improve the match day atmosphere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024