Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward yesterday 20:11 - Aug 12 with 2150 viewsCaptMickMills

Don't understand some people's criticism of Ward yesterday. Not exceptional but a steady busy decent performance from Ward yesterday.

Needs more games to get used to new system and gain confidence then I think we will see the best of him. Maybe he would be better on the right and I gather last season Edwards played mainly on the left.

Also not all his corners were terrible - the fact we didn't win headers from corners doesn't necessarily mean the corners were bad.

It was one of those days - a similar performance in the future could result on Town winning by 2 or 3.
Ward yesterday on 20:46 - Aug 12 with 2029 viewshaughleyblue74

Sorry but does he ever beat a man ? Make a chance ? Make something happen ? Not for me , lad from Fulham has to start next week, even sears made first goal last week
Ward yesterday on 20:50 - Aug 12 with 2012 viewsMrTown

Ward yesterday on 20:46 - Aug 12 by haughleyblue74

Sorry but does he ever beat a man ? Make a chance ? Make something happen ? Not for me , lad from Fulham has to start next week, even sears made first goal last week

David Beckham never 'beat his man'. Still one of the best widemen to play the game.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Ward yesterday on 20:52 - Aug 12 with 2007 viewsyorkshire

I didn't think he had a bad game either - he is one of those guys that need to be high on confidence - there is a good player there and in a settled team I think he'd do really well

To be honest I don't think we had a 'bad' player out there - some of them - like Knudson and Chambers have had much better games for Town but considering most of these guys barely know each others names then I think there is certainly promise for the future
Ward yesterday on 20:53 - Aug 12 with 2000 viewscbower

I thought he played quite well too. He has energy and if Hurst (and supporters too) can give him confidence to do do, he can beat his man and get in a cross. His corners are too floaty and lack pace but in addition to that, we continue to place our best headers of the ball about 8-10 yards from goal instead of attacking the ball with greater intent and ferocity running from the edge of the box. For me, this is the reason we don't make enough of corners compared to many other teams. Ward should take confidence from the fact that as soon as he was available, Hurst picked him.

bluescouser

Ward yesterday on 20:55 - Aug 12 with 1986 viewsStadiumofdark

Agree.

I was surprised that he didn't swap wings with Edwards at all, just to keep defenders guessing.
Ward yesterday on 21:04 - Aug 12 with 1952 viewsElderGrizzly

Ward yesterday on 20:55 - Aug 12 by Stadiumofdark

Agree.

I was surprised that he didn't swap wings with Edwards at all, just to keep defenders guessing.

Especially when according to P’Boro fans Edwards best position is apparently on the left, cutting in on his right foot
Ward yesterday on 21:53 - Aug 12 with 1836 viewsStenvict

He slows play down. Often miscontrols the ball when we're on the counter attack. When he beats his man, he usually only just gets to the ball before it goes out for a goal kick meaning he needs to get a lot of power and whip on the cross.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Ward yesterday on 22:15 - Aug 12 with 1788 viewsSWGF

Not for me. I thought he was poor and his corners were extremely ineffectual. Comparison to Edwards who, in theory, should be playing the same way is chalk & cheese.

Must have played almost 100 times for us. How many stand-out performances? It's something out of the ordinary if he takes his man on. That's not great for a wide midfielder. Hurst said he'd like three loanees to come in. Wouldn't be surprised if the third was a wide player.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Ward yesterday on 23:34 - Aug 12 with 1682 viewsMenton

He's so right footed, he never looked comfortable on the left. I like him but on the left he doesn't even have the option to go on the outside, which really limits him.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

Ward yesterday on 08:56 - Aug 13 with 1450 viewschicoazul

I told you all Ward would be the boo boy/scapegoat this year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024