Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers 13:13 - Aug 15 with 3163 viewshype313

Was hard to watch the highlights of him getting skinned by League Two players, got a lot of time for Luke, real stalwart of the club, extremely vociferous, and a great ambassador, however, I do have some serious concerns regarding his form and how he will perform against the better teams in the division. His positional play has been lacking for a while, last night wasn't the first time he and Bart had a mix up, I'm starting to feel like he could be a liability this season, and at 32 he isn't getting any quicker.

It will be very interesting to see who Hurst brings in on the loan front, as for the first time in years, I feel Chambers could be under some pressure for his place in the team.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Chambers on 13:15 - Aug 15 with 2796 viewsSuperfrans

The highlights were not kind to him it's true. The mistake before the goal (on the highlights), two mistakes leading to the free-kick which they scored from. And who was that on the edge of the six yard box who watched the ball go past him? Bart looked really pi$$ed off it was even allowed to get near the goal.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Chambers on 13:21 - Aug 15 with 2753 viewshype313

Chambers on 13:15 - Aug 15 by Superfrans

The highlights were not kind to him it's true. The mistake before the goal (on the highlights), two mistakes leading to the free-kick which they scored from. And who was that on the edge of the six yard box who watched the ball go past him? Bart looked really pi$$ed off it was even allowed to get near the goal.

I think with Luke he's so desperate to make sure the ball isn't anywhere near the box that when Bart screams Keepers he takes the matter into his own hands. Trouble is, if he doesn't clear the lines, then the ball and pressure is immediately back on us, and when Bart does shout, he then gets in two minds, like he did a couple of times last night.

Chambers on 13:25 - Aug 15 with 2710 viewsSuperfrans

Chambers on 13:21 - Aug 15 by hype313

I think with Luke he's so desperate to make sure the ball isn't anywhere near the box that when Bart screams Keepers he takes the matter into his own hands. Trouble is, if he doesn't clear the lines, then the ball and pressure is immediately back on us, and when Bart does shout, he then gets in two minds, like he did a couple of times last night.

Knudsen was also sloppy last night too apparently - the commentary mentioned a couple of wayward balls from him. Plus you can also see in the highlights, the player who let the free kick pass him for their goal was Knudsen. he should have put his foot through it, or at least blocked it. And on 1.15 in the highlights, when Exeter were on the break, there was no urgency from him chasing back.

On the flipside, Jackson did some good work, chasing the ball down, laying it back for at least two shots that I can remember. And Edun had a couple of good runs.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Chambers on 13:40 - Aug 15 with 2640 viewsbadadski

Chambers on 13:25 - Aug 15 by Superfrans

Knudsen was also sloppy last night too apparently - the commentary mentioned a couple of wayward balls from him. Plus you can also see in the highlights, the player who let the free kick pass him for their goal was Knudsen. he should have put his foot through it, or at least blocked it. And on 1.15 in the highlights, when Exeter were on the break, there was no urgency from him chasing back.

On the flipside, Jackson did some good work, chasing the ball down, laying it back for at least two shots that I can remember. And Edun had a couple of good runs.

Chambers never good enough for me in centre, not tall enough or physical enough and constantly dominated in the air by more physical players and always has been. I have never rated him back in the middle. Right back or nothing for me. Wolfenden looked far superior in the small amounts of games i have seen him play even without the experience.

In fairness Webster i thought was similar to Chambers and dominated by bigger players. Berra was our rock, no Berra replacement was always going to be our downfall.
Chambers on 13:44 - Aug 15 with 2622 viewsMetal_Hacker

I mentioned Knudsen yesterday I think ti was and got shot down in flames. Can't do nothing but agree with you at present . Both he and Chambers need time out although there's a big BUT !!!! Who else do we have !!!!???

Poll: If it were one or the other

Chambers on 13:47 - Aug 15 with 2591 viewsbadadski

Chambers on 13:44 - Aug 15 by Metal_Hacker

I mentioned Knudsen yesterday I think ti was and got shot down in flames. Can't do nothing but agree with you at present . Both he and Chambers need time out although there's a big BUT !!!! Who else do we have !!!!???

I think i have liked Knudsen in Centre far more than as left back, he is more physical than Luke and wins far more in the air for a similar stature player.

Keeping the same defence is going to create far more problems from conceding from set pieces. The new right back i'm not so sure about yet either but havn't seem him enough to comment.
Chambers on 13:53 - Aug 15 with 2562 viewsSteve_M

He's playing with his third new partner at central defence in three matches though and has been instructed to try and do more on the ball than for the past few years. That will take time to adapt to and I'm sure he feels he should have done better than he has.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chambers on 13:54 - Aug 15 with 2544 viewsPinewoodblue

Chambers on 13:44 - Aug 15 by Metal_Hacker

Player don't need a timeout after three games, but they do need to buck their ideas up and stop making sloppy passes and, at times, generally being disinterested. I am sure there were players on the pitch yesterday who just put it down as a bad team performance and nothing they could do anything about. That was Mick's approach and it won't be tolerated by PH.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Chambers on 13:58 - Aug 15 with 2515 viewsbadadski

Chambers on 13:54 - Aug 15 by Pinewoodblue

Player don't need a timeout after three games, but they do need to buck their ideas up and stop making sloppy passes and, at times, generally being disinterested. I am sure there were players on the pitch yesterday who just put it down as a bad team performance and nothing they could do anything about. That was Mick's approach and it won't be tolerated by PH.

Its got nothing to do with playing with a new partner in the middle, Chambers has always had the same problems in the middle which has been out muscled and bettered by bigger players. It wont change because its due to his size. Hes not a bad player but its the way it is. Its only going to get worse with him the wrong side of 30 and the Championship getting a better standard of strikers.
Chambers on 14:01 - Aug 15 with 2491 viewshype313

Chambers on 13:53 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

He's playing with his third new partner at central defence in three matches though and has been instructed to try and do more on the ball than for the past few years. That will take time to adapt to and I'm sure he feels he should have done better than he has.

That's a fair point Steve and should be taking onto consideration, but his mistakes haven't been down to new partnerships, it's about his form/ability/decision making. You could say that his positional play has been sub par due to getting used to helping out his team mate and leading the team from the back, but he's just not doing the basics well, an I just fear against vastly superior opposition, this season could spell big issues for him.

Chambers on 14:04 - Aug 15 with 2469 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

with the full backs pushing on

leaves the centre backs with no cover.

I can remember mings pace really covered so many mistakes when he was here.

That pace at the back hasn't been replaced.
Chambers on 14:04 - Aug 15 with 2467 viewsPinewoodblue

Chambers on 14:01 - Aug 15 by hype313

That's a fair point Steve and should be taking onto consideration, but his mistakes haven't been down to new partnerships, it's about his form/ability/decision making. You could say that his positional play has been sub par due to getting used to helping out his team mate and leading the team from the back, but he's just not doing the basics well, an I just fear against vastly superior opposition, this season could spell big issues for him.

Isn't he also playing on the left side of central defence?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

on 14:16 - Aug 15 with 2398 views_

Chambers on 14:18 - Aug 15 with 2391 viewsArnieM

I think Chambers is having to cover for Knudsen a lot , and since Knudsen doesn't appear to be really interested now , I suspect Chambers is being pulled across wide to cover for him.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Chambers on 14:20 - Aug 15 with 2359 viewshype313

on 14:16 - Aug 15 by _

Put you down for a no on the Knusden party bag.

Chambers on 14:21 - Aug 15 with 2349 viewssparks

Chambers on 14:18 - Aug 15 by ArnieM

I think Chambers is having to cover for Knudsen a lot , and since Knudsen doesn't appear to be really interested now , I suspect Chambers is being pulled across wide to cover for him.

I think that neither of them are particularly comfortable on the ball, and are struggling to do what is being asked of them.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

on 14:23 - Aug 15 with 2321 views_

Chambers on 14:20 - Aug 15 by hype313

Put you down for a no on the Knusden party bag.

Chambers on 14:24 - Aug 15 with 2309 viewshype313

Chambers on 14:21 - Aug 15 by sparks

I think that neither of them are particularly comfortable on the ball, and are struggling to do what is being asked of them.

Chambers has been struggling to do the basics for a while. Knusden seems to have one good game in every four.

on 14:33 - Aug 15 with 2261 views_

Chambers on 14:24 - Aug 15 by hype313

Chambers has been struggling to do the basics for a while. Knusden seems to have one good game in every four.

Chambers on 14:35 - Aug 15 with 2242 viewsSteve_M

Chambers on 14:01 - Aug 15 by hype313

A little bit of the sloppiness on Saturday certainly was and one of those was beign sold short by Jonas. Not re-watched that goal to apportion blame but it looked like the collision taking Nsiala out meant Rotherham got lucky.

Is he really not doing the basics well or are we relentlessly over-analysing everything at the moment? It feels like no-one has started the season brilliantly but I don't see a major issue with Chambers at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chambers on 14:38 - Aug 15 with 2231 viewshype313

Chambers on 14:35 - Aug 15 by Steve_M

A little bit of the sloppiness on Saturday certainly was and one of those was beign sold short by Jonas. Not re-watched that goal to apportion blame but it looked like the collision taking Nsiala out meant Rotherham got lucky.

Is he really not doing the basics well or are we relentlessly over-analysing everything at the moment? It feels like no-one has started the season brilliantly but I don't see a major issue with Chambers at the moment.

Could be over-analysing, to be fair, Edwards, Edun, Harrison, Noaln and Jackson have all looked a threat and have some real potential.

Chambers on 15:08 - Aug 15 with 2138 viewsOsborneOneNil

Chambers on 14:24 - Aug 15 by hype313

That's pretty much spot on.
Chambers on 15:26 - Aug 15 with 2063 viewshulltractor

Is Kenlock not fit as he would be a much better choice than Knudsen at the moment. He had a shocker last night.
Chambers on 15:45 - Aug 15 with 1970 viewstheblueginger

on 14:33 - Aug 15 by _

Chambers doesn't struggle with the physicality often although he's no Berra and he isn't small either (Micheal Morrison is the same height as Chambers.) He is also relatively mobile for a CB even at 32. Saying that we do miss someone a bit more uncompromising at the back, someone like Shaun Hutchinson from Millwall. Tilt looks as though he could also be the answer, especially considering he is left-footed.

I would say he isn't being helped by a lack of confidence around him. At Rotherham he was solid for 80% of the game, the 2 occasions he looked shaky in my memory was when either Jonas or Toto contributed to dropping him in it.

The short memories on here considering Chambers was one of our better players last season, and we looked shaky after he got injured at Brentford.
Chambers on 15:49 - Aug 15 with 1943 viewsCuffy81

Chambers on 14:04 - Aug 15 by Pinewoodblue

Isn't he also playing on the left side of central defence?

This completely.

He has looked like a fish out of water, his left leg is for standing on - nothing else

Much better on the right hand side.

There was a time when we have too many left footed cb's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024