Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem Loanees. Discuss. 10:09 - Aug 15 with 1026 viewsJohnny_Boy

Experience or Youth?
DEF? MID? ATT?

Jon Walters isn't getting any game time with Burnley. Knows this league well. A loan till January?

Anyone else care to throw some names out there.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2018 10:10]
Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:34 - Aug 15 with 966 viewsScuzzer

Need Carter Vickers back.
A PL youngster striker as well.

Established 1968

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:36 - Aug 15 with 957 viewsSomethingBlue

Hemed from Brighton would be perfect but probably just out of our range. Not sure what use a young striker would be unless it's someone who is already capable of doing the physical work up top that the current options perhaps can't.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:38 - Aug 15 with 951 viewsMullet

We need a Mat Elliot type and a Nicky Forster type who we can look to buy in January and bring on Jackson and Harrison in training.

Who is available for that I've no idea. They've bvggered around with the window and deadlines so much, it's hard to keep track of.

Walters isn't the finisher we need unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:41 - Aug 15 with 934 viewsITFCBlues

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:36 - Aug 15 by SomethingBlue

Hemed from Brighton would be perfect but probably just out of our range. Not sure what use a young striker would be unless it's someone who is already capable of doing the physical work up top that the current options perhaps can't.

Hemed is going to QPR

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:43 - Aug 15 with 924 viewsITFCBlues

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:38 - Aug 15 by Mullet

We need a Mat Elliot type and a Nicky Forster type who we can look to buy in January and bring on Jackson and Harrison in training.

Who is available for that I've no idea. They've bvggered around with the window and deadlines so much, it's hard to keep track of.

Is it a “finisher” we need?

It’s not as if the strikers are missing loads of guilt edge chances?

We need to create more. Think a wide player is more important. Wares/Sears don’t cut it unfortunately

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:46 - Aug 15 with 903 viewsMullet

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:43 - Aug 15 by ITFCBlues

Is it a “finisher” we need?

It’s not as if the strikers are missing loads of guilt edge chances?

We need to create more. Think a wide player is more important. Wares/Sears don’t cut it unfortunately

It's because they are drawn out wide, when we double up the full back or peel away a runner and we have little or nothing in the box too often.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:48 - Aug 15 with 888 viewsSomethingBlue

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:41 - Aug 15 by ITFCBlues

Hemed is going to QPR

That's been mooted for some time, yes.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:55 - Aug 15 with 856 viewsITFCBlues

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:46 - Aug 15 by Mullet

It's because they are drawn out wide, when we double up the full back or peel away a runner and we have little or nothing in the box too often.

I don’t think it’s a striker issue. They’re massively isolated with little to no service. They’re asked to run the channels - see Jackson’s goal last night. The problem is midfield runners - no ones getting in the box.

The Blackburn after 20 minutes we did nothing up until the last 15 mins.

The wide players in Hursts system are fairly key. Edwards has done very well but it’s fair to say we need more from the other side. Not sure about the midfield either. Interested to see how we lineup Saturday.

Edun could well start & you’d assume Chalobah who’s been decent. Skuse left out again - which leaves little to no experience!

Login to get fewer ads

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 13:28 - Aug 15 with 757 viewsbritbiker

A link man who can score is required. I hate to say it but someone like waghorn.
Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 13:33 - Aug 15 with 743 viewsRobTheMonk

Wide man. We've always got a half decent one on loan recently (Fraser, Lawrence and Celina).
Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 13:43 - Aug 15 with 715 viewsTIB

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:55 - Aug 15 by ITFCBlues

I don’t think it’s a striker issue. They’re massively isolated with little to no service. They’re asked to run the channels - see Jackson’s goal last night. The problem is midfield runners - no ones getting in the box.

The Blackburn after 20 minutes we did nothing up until the last 15 mins.

The wide players in Hursts system are fairly key. Edwards has done very well but it’s fair to say we need more from the other side. Not sure about the midfield either. Interested to see how we lineup Saturday.

Edun could well start & you’d assume Chalobah who’s been decent. Skuse left out again - which leaves little to no experience!

I've said it a few times but I reckon Hurst might try and get Kaikai from Palace. He tried to sign him at Shrewsbury and the lad can play wide or up top. He had a great pre-season with Palace but I saw an article the other day with Jonny Williams and both him and Kaikai were discussed in regards to when its time to move on from Palace as the opportunities just aren't consistent.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 13:49 - Aug 15 with 698 viewsJohnny_Boy

Prem Loanees. Discuss. on 10:38 - Aug 15 by Mullet

Some good suggestions. But I disagree with you about Walters. I think he still knows where the goal is & his link-up play could be damn useful. Unsure of his wages though. Surely there must be enough in the piggy bank to pay 30% to 50%.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024