Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility 16:22 - Sep 3 with 4043 viewsitfcpaul

Would be an awesome signing in a similar vein to Jon Walters

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 16:39 - Sep 3 with 3990 viewsSitfcB

Some bloke called Paul Hurst had def info yesterday.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 16:44 - Sep 3 with 3964 viewsJimmyJazz

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 16:39 - Sep 3 by SitfcB

Do we really need another centre back, saying that after Pennington's impressive debut yesterday.

Pennington and Chambers for me with Nsiala pushing them both. Chambers provides the experience

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 16:50 - Sep 3 with 3944 viewsIllinoisblue

hope it doesn't happen. Not needed.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:17 - Sep 3 with 3878 viewsbluebare

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 16:44 - Sep 3 by JimmyJazz

Do we really need another centre back, saying that after Pennington's impressive debut yesterday.

Pennington and Chambers for me with Nsiala pushing them both. Chambers provides the experience

Pennington was bang average and a pointless loan as when ban for Toto over he wont be needed. If Collins joins us is he left footed?
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:24 - Sep 3 with 3849 viewsbluejacko

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 16:50 - Sep 3 by Illinoisblue

hope it doesn't happen. Not needed.

Well as we have chased Tilt forever I would assume PH does want another CB.
If we got Collins on a free Tilt not needed plus £1m saved !
Offer to Burnley for Walters anyone?
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:31 - Sep 3 with 3805 viewsPJH

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:17 - Sep 3 by bluebare

Pennington was bang average and a pointless loan as when ban for Toto over he wont be needed. If Collins joins us is he left footed?

I particularly liked the average way that Pennington kept winning those headers and tackles.
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:50 - Sep 3 with 3760 viewsHorseboy

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:24 - Sep 3 by bluejacko

Well as we have chased Tilt forever I would assume PH does want another CB.
If we got Collins on a free Tilt not needed plus £1m saved !
Offer to Burnley for Walters anyone?

Doubt 1m saved, this would go towards Collins wages, but with it likely a short term deal no resale value against potential development increase in value for tilt?

Both deals had positives and negatives, Collins obviously very experienced and proven.
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 18:03 - Sep 3 with 3731 viewstextbackup

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 16:39 - Sep 3 by SitfcB

Is he a decent source? Doubt it!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 18:09 - Sep 3 with 3700 viewstextbackup

So in my head we’ll have 4 CBs that you’d say are starters, TOTO chambers Collins Evertonkid, play 442 and 2 of them miss out, probably one not even in the squad...
So could he be wanting to play three at the back?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 19:05 - Sep 3 with 3606 viewsbluebare

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:31 - Sep 3 by PJH

I particularly liked the average way that Pennington kept winning those headers and tackles.

winning the ball is his job. however he was slow and hesitant and offers nothing that the wolf cant do and its only to cover while Toto banned so whats the point in bringing him in at all. We were more solid with 4 full backs playing last season than we are now
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 19:25 - Sep 3 with 3565 viewsPJH

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 19:05 - Sep 3 by bluebare

winning the ball is his job. however he was slow and hesitant and offers nothing that the wolf cant do and its only to cover while Toto banned so whats the point in bringing him in at all. We were more solid with 4 full backs playing last season than we are now

If Pennington (and Chambers) play as well as they did yesterday there is no reason for Nsiala to come back. The defence whilst not looking secure looked much better yesterday than in the previous five League games.
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 19:33 - Sep 3 with 3539 viewspointofblue

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 18:09 - Sep 3 by textbackup

So in my head we’ll have 4 CBs that you’d say are starters, TOTO chambers Collins Evertonkid, play 442 and 2 of them miss out, probably one not even in the squad...

How would that work in an attacking sense though - we have three at the back plus presumably the wing backs Donacien and Knudsen? Unless we rely on Skuse to drop back when needed and play out and out wingers with three central midfielders.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 20:53 - Sep 3 with 3414 viewsLower_North

He always looked Pony for me when he played for Wet Ham, always had a mistake in him.

Penningtons your boy..
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 21:59 - Sep 3 with 3294 viewsBluedanW

Tony Cottee was moaning about the West ham owners and couldn't understand why they let Collins go. He seemed to believe one of the many factors that West ham are pointless
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 04:29 - Sep 4 with 3163 viewsArnieM

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:31 - Sep 3 by PJH

Pennington’s debut was simply outstanding. I haven’t seen a CB read the game like he did since the days of Beattie/ Osman/ Butcher . How I wish we could sign him . But I doubt we could.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 08:22 - Sep 4 with 3050 viewsNo9

Has he got grey hair also?
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 08:34 - Sep 4 with 3021 viewsVaughan8

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:50 - Sep 3 by Horseboy

Doubt 1m saved, this would go towards Collins wages, but with it likely a short term deal no resale value against potential development increase in value for tilt?

Both deals had positives and negatives, Collins obviously very experienced and proven.

Do people realise that Tilt is not a teenager? Isn't he 27 (according to Wikipedia)?
He was playing in National North about 3 years ago, so I just don't think he is as brilliant as people make out.

Maybe there is 1 more sale in him but in 2/3 years, he's going to be 30 which is fairly "old" for a footballer. he doesn't have much resale value unless he's going to excel in the next year or so. I doubt he would even play with the options we have now.

Blackpool had their chance to sell and they didn't want to so now we move on.

Pennington looked fairly good on Saturday (against a poor Norwich side), and I think Collins is decent. However, if he isn't going to play, then why get him? if he is, then why get Pennington? Just seems strange if we get both as surely they all (Chambers, Toto, Pennington and Collins) would all want to play? Unless we are going to change to 3 at the back? Who knows. Just have to wait and see.

Following my ramble, the answer is, Paul Hurst knows!
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 08:36 - Sep 4 with 3015 viewsOsborneOneNil

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 17:17 - Sep 3 by bluebare

Wind up? Pennington was excellent, my MOM along with Edwards.
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 08:43 - Sep 4 with 2999 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 18:09 - Sep 3 by textbackup

Nah, Chambers back at right back innit... 👀

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 08:43 - Sep 4 with 2987 viewsOsborneOneNil

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 08:43 - Sep 4 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Nah, Chambers back at right back innit... 👀

Don’t even joke
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 09:12 - Sep 4 with 2944 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 08:43 - Sep 4 by OsborneOneNil

Don’t even joke

I expect Hurst has noticed that we finished 6th and 7th the 2 seasons he played there...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 11:54 - Sep 4 with 2845 viewsmaccyd9

I know that he was on his way up and due to sign last Friday with everything agreed but called Hurt on the way and said his heart wasn't in the move.

So it didn't happen at that point. Which is why Hurst has said what he has about chatting with Collins with this week.
Has anyone any real info on the James Collins possibility on 11:55 - Sep 4 with 2837 viewsPhilTWTD

He's at Town today and training with the squad. Deal not agreed.

Collins Training With Town 4th Sep 2018 11:54
TWTD understands former West Ham central defender James Collins is at Town today and is training with the Blues. Collins, 35, is a free agent having left the Hammers at the end of last season. 64

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024