Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm with the others who have said it 10:10 - Sep 12 with 6154 viewsnoggin

This should be our anthem.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I'm with the others who have said it on 11:09 - Sep 12 with 4462 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm with the others who have said it on 11:24 - Sep 12 with 4439 viewsSamWhiteUK

yeah that is good
I'm with the others who have said it on 11:24 - Sep 12 with 4439 viewsnoggin

I'm with the others who have said it on 11:09 - Sep 12 by SamWhiteUK

Please no.

I'm with the others who have said it on 11:34 - Sep 12 with 4420 viewsHerbivore

It's an awful dirge with nothing to do with football. Might have been more apt when Mick was still here. Ba-dum tish!

Seriously though, I don't like it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm with the others who have said it on 12:18 - Sep 12 with 4355 viewsnoggin

I'm with the others who have said it on 11:34 - Sep 12 by Herbivore

It's an awful dirge with nothing to do with football. Might have been more apt when Mick was still here. Ba-dum tish!

YNWA has nothing to do with football.

I'm with the others who have said it on 12:39 - Sep 12 with 4324 viewsIllinoisblue

That is a good song but we already have an anthem. Fans and the club just choose not to sing it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm with the others who have said it on 13:28 - Sep 12 with 4266 viewsFtnfwest

without doubt
I'm with the others who have said it on 17:02 - Sep 12 with 4173 viewsbluerthanthou

Story of the Blues was written by Pete Wylie who's a massive Liverpool fan and, I believe, was inspired by the TV series The Boys From The Blackstuff.
It was a big favourite of John Peel too. Another of Wylie's songs was used on the Hillsborough tribute video.

Just don't feel a song with close connections to Liverpool should be used as *our* anthem.

And if their fans found out...
Login to get fewer ads

I'm with the others who have said it on 17:15 - Sep 12 with 4153 viewsCurlyPete

I'm with the others who have said it on 17:02 - Sep 12 by bluerthanthou

Story of the Blues was written by Pete Wylie who's a massive Liverpool fan and, I believe, was inspired by the TV series The Boys From The Blackstuff.
It was a big favourite of John Peel too. Another of Wylie's songs was used on the Hillsborough tribute video.

Just don't feel a song with close connections to Liverpool should be used as *our* anthem.

What are you suggesting, reworking an Ed Sheeran classic ?
I'm with the others who have said it on 17:41 - Sep 12 with 4108 viewsMattinLondon

Agreed. The world doesn’t need more whining scousers.
I'm with the others who have said it on 18:32 - Sep 12 with 4073 viewsnoggin

Oh right, I didn’t realise that a club anthem had to be sung by someone local. That explains why we haven’t got one.

I'm with the others who have said it on 21:28 - Sep 12 with 3961 viewsBluespeed225

But he wrote a song Everton could use?
I'm with the others who have said it on 22:26 - Sep 12 with 3903 viewsArnieM

I'm with the others who have said it on 11:09 - Sep 12 by SamWhiteUK

Loved this when it first came out ...... is SO easy to replicate in the stands . HAS to be our anthem

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:37 - Sep 12 with 3888 viewsWeWereZombies

C'mon, you know how rubbish supporters are at singing these days. That is way too difficult, this is what you need:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:40 - Sep 12 with 3883 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:26 - Sep 12 by ArnieM

Loved this when it first came out ...... is SO easy to replicate in the stands . HAS to be our anthem

It's bloody terrible. What's wrong with your ears?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:41 - Sep 12 with 3878 viewsBrixtonBlue

As I said on another thread, I'm not sure it matters who the author is. It fits us perfectly.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:42 - Sep 12 with 3873 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Nothing about this song is good, it’s dreary and bland.
I'm with the others who have said it on 22:43 - Sep 12 with 3872 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm with the others who have said it on 11:34 - Sep 12 by Herbivore

What do you mean it's nothing to do with football? It could almost be written for ITFC!

First, they take your pride
Turn it all inside
And then you realise
You've got nothing left to lose

So, you try to stop
Try to get back up
And then, you realise
You're telling the Story of the Blues

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:48 - Sep 12 with 3864 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:43 - Sep 12 by BrixtonBlue

What do you mean it's nothing to do with football? It could almost be written for ITFC!

Turn it all inside
And then you realise

So, you try to stop
Try to get back up
And then, you realise

Linking those lyrics to ITFC is tedious to say the least.
on 22:49 - Sep 12 with 3864 views_

I'm with the others who have said it on 17:15 - Sep 12 by CurlyPete

What are you suggesting, reworking an Ed Sheeran classic ?

I'm with the others who have said it on 23:19 - Sep 12 with 3829 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:48 - Sep 12 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Linking those lyrics to ITFC is tedious to say the least.

Rather odd comment.

I'm with the others who have said it on 23:20 - Sep 12 with 3826 viewsHerbivore

I'm with the others who have said it on 22:43 - Sep 12 by BrixtonBlue

Turn it all inside
And then you realise

So, you try to stop
Try to get back up
And then, you realise

I like how you've said what do you mean it's got nothing to do with football and then as a response have typed out the song's lyrics, which clearly have nothing to do with football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I'm with the others who have said it on 23:34 - Sep 12 with 3814 viewsStNeotsBlue

Should be this.

I try to discover
A little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain
From breaking my heart again
I'm so in love with you
I'll be forever blue

Quite camp but hey ho.
I'm with the others who have said it on 02:39 - Sep 13 with 3759 viewsharlingblue

Wah ! is a dated dirge.
What about to Sweets 'Blockbuster', old but good?
You better beware, you better take care
Jon Walters is back and he will scare
New names in the team, just waiting to dream,
just waiting to gel...Netbuster.
I'm with the others who have said it on 05:49 - Sep 13 with 3732 viewsnoggin

Ok, let’s forget the club anthem and move on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024