Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence 18:49 - Sep 14 with 4000 viewsMaySixth

Jordan Graham can be left out and we can start with Ward on the left

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 18:49 - Sep 14 with 3992 viewsMaySixth

just don't get the Jordan Graham signing at all

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 18:53 - Sep 14 with 3979 viewsBasuco

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 18:49 - Sep 14 by MaySixth

If he can rediscover his form of a year or two ago he will be a fantastic signing, PH felt he was worth a punt so to speak.
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 19:00 - Sep 14 with 3963 viewsBobbychase

Ward is at best anonymous these days. With all the midfielders we have I'd leave him out completely

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 19:06 - Sep 14 with 3952 viewsSWGF

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 19:00 - Sep 14 by Bobbychase

Ward is at best anonymous these days. With all the midfielders we have I'd leave him out completely

Exactly. A half-fit Graham and out-of-position Edun have been played ahead of him. Hasn't done enough to justify a starting place (unless he's ripped it up in training in the last fortnight).

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 19:11 - Sep 14 with 3942 viewsBobbychase

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 19:06 - Sep 14 by SWGF

Exactly. A half-fit Graham and out-of-position Edun have been played ahead of him. Hasn't done enough to justify a starting place (unless he's ripped it up in training in the last fortnight).

His cameo v Norwich summed it up for me. Came on, ran around a bit and then had a great chance to create something with acres of space on the edge of the box and scuffed a catastrophe of a shot wide. We're carrying him.

I forgot he was on the pitch at Exeter, Rowe did more in ten minutes than Ward did the entire game.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 19:22 - Sep 14 with 3914 viewsDarth_Koont

Not a huge difference between Spence and Donacien at the moment IMO. Even if long term Donacien looks like he'll be a better option.

But the defence isn't the issue. We need more options and quality further ahead in which case I'd rather have Graham taking one of the loanee spots and getting up to speed.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 19:26 - Sep 14 with 3911 viewsCurrie10

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 18:53 - Sep 14 by Basuco

If he can rediscover his form of a year or two ago he will be a fantastic signing, PH felt he was worth a punt so to speak.

https://au.soccerway.com/players/jordan-graham/215563/

If think you're going back a bit further than that.

V high risk signing - be nice if it comes off but not likely to.
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 20:06 - Sep 14 with 3859 viewsITFCBlues

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 18:49 - Sep 14 by MaySixth

What are you struggling to understand?

You prefer Ward & Sears?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 20:20 - Sep 14 with 3836 viewsCurrie10

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 20:06 - Sep 14 by ITFCBlues

What are you struggling to understand?

You prefer Ward & Sears?

He's played about 20 times in 5 years, had knee surgery in 2016 and 3 sub appearances in 24 months.

I also do not understand it either.

What makes you so pro Graham?
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 21:35 - Sep 14 with 3777 viewsGerkensBeard

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 20:20 - Sep 14 by Currie10

He's played about 20 times in 5 years, had knee surgery in 2016 and 3 sub appearances in 24 months.

It’s probably due to the fact Graham has quality about him. Whether it’s a dead ball delivery or cutting in and having a go. He can also beat a man. I’d rather play him and get him up to speed than play Ward on the left who isn’t a winger. Can’t cross, can’t beat a man, can’t really do anything. Just put a shift in. And I think we’re trying to get away from the previous regime where players were picked week in week out just because they put a shift in. They’ve got to have something more than that. Wards best spell in a town shirt was in the CAM role in a 3-5-2. He’s never been a wide option for me he’s never shown enough out there. Even he admits he prefers playing centrally.
Edun could be an option instead but want to see him in a midfield 3 with Skuse and Nolan tomorrow.
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 21:47 - Sep 14 with 3760 viewsITFCBlues

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 20:20 - Sep 14 by Currie10

Because Sears and Ward have had multiple chances and not taken them. Graham’s played 1 game after a couple of training sessions. Give the kid a chance!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 22:40 - Sep 14 with 3709 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 21:35 - Sep 14 by GerkensBeard

It’s probably due to the fact Graham has quality about him. Whether it’s a dead ball delivery or cutting in and having a go. He can also beat a man. I’d rather play him and get him up to speed than play Ward on the left who isn’t a winger. Can’t cross, can’t beat a man, can’t really do anything. Just put a shift in. And I think we’re trying to get away from the previous regime where players were picked week in week out just because they put a shift in. They’ve got to have something more than that. Wards best spell in a town shirt was in the CAM role in a 3-5-2. He’s never been a wide option for me he’s never shown enough out there. Even he admits he prefers playing centrally.
Edun could be an option instead but want to see him in a midfield 3 with Skuse and Nolan tomorrow.

What about Rowe? Should he be given a go?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 00:19 - Sep 15 with 3634 viewsunstableblue

Yes Graham was poor in the first half against Norwich, but he showed some moments through the game of really good crossing and set pieces. He was in fact let down a couple of times by Knudsen distribution (not that our Dane had a bad game).

I’d give Graham another go...

Ward does not look right, confidence shot from a terrible legacy system.

Having said all that I’d like Donacien to play... so which loanee to leave out??

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 01:33 - Sep 15 with 3583 viewsLuk38644

I was amazed that Donacien was left out vs Norwich considering his performance against Villa was, imho, fantastic.

He deserves to start over Spence.
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 07:30 - Sep 15 with 3509 viewsCurrie10

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 21:35 - Sep 14 by GerkensBeard

Graham MAY well have ability.

The issue being, his appalling fitness record.

The most games he's ever played in a season is 13 I believe.

His average over 5 years is around 5 first team appearances - half of which not being starts.

Is he likely to be able to stay fit to be first of all, up to speed, and second, maintain it for 35 games this season!?

Seems incredibly unlikely to me - though sure, if by chance it works out - and he CAN stay fit then of course, he may turn out to be an inspired signing.

Ward's a weird one. Looked good to start with, hasn't for time. Sears just cannot play wide midfield. Not his game. So sure, we do need better there.

I guess time will ultimately tell whether Graham works out, just seems an incredibly high risk low %%% signing.

Rowe needs a go. Roberts perhaps needs a chance to be a wildcard too.
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 11:07 - Sep 15 with 3406 viewsRobTheMonk

I've started seeing Ward's face on milk cartons.
Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 17:19 - Sep 15 with 3295 viewsMaySixth

It's absolutely shocking we still think Jordan Spence is a Championship defender when we have not given Josh Emmanuel a proper run

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 17:21 - Sep 15 with 3282 viewsnshearman1

Hope we start Donacien at right back and not Jordan Spence on 17:19 - Sep 15 by MaySixth

It's absolutely shocking we still think Jordan Spence is a Championship defender when we have not given Josh Emmanuel a proper run

Totally agreed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024