Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back from the u23's. 21:04 - Sep 24 with 2243 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

That. Was. Special.

I dont even know where to begin with that one. Some special talents, some special football on display. All from a team with only one senior pro (who in my eyes is around u23 level anyway).
The fluidity, the freedom, the composure, the creativity is everything that optimises this football club.
I saw Doig and Hurst there today, in their own nice little box together, I hope they studied that close.

There is no way on this earth Dozzell is carrying an injury. Doing the dirty work right up until late. Didn't he injure himself by twisting on his own leg last year, so what would it matter if he was playing 90 minutes for the u23's, first team or down the park, if he twist his own leg surely the risk levels are the exact same whichever level he is playing at.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Just back from the u23's. on 21:06 - Sep 24 with 2185 viewsMetal_Hacker

Watched it all in FB as I’m in Sheffield

Already posted about it. Looked pretty good.

Begs the question ...what’s bloody happening with our first team ffs ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Just back from the u23's. on 21:08 - Sep 24 with 2155 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just back from the u23's. on 21:06 - Sep 24 by Metal_Hacker

Watched it all in FB as I’m in Sheffield

Already posted about it. Looked pretty good.

Begs the question ...what’s bloody happening with our first team ffs ?

Maybe the disconnect between youth and first team is there.
But some of them players should be sniffing around the first team. Especially Downes and Dozzell. They really did play well tonight.

Just back from the u23's. on 21:10 - Sep 24 with 2144 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just back from the u23's. on 21:08 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

But some of them players should be sniffing around the first team. Especially Downes and Dozzell. They really did play well tonight.

Both looked good tonight I agree

Poll: If it were one or the other

Just back from the u23's. on 21:10 - Sep 24 with 2134 viewspointofblue

Just back from the u23's. on 21:08 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Whilst I’d love to see that a lot of fans on here were desperate to throw Downes under a metaphorical bus when he played poorly at Hull.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just back from the u23's. on 21:13 - Sep 24 with 2095 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Just back from the u23's. on 21:10 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

Whilst I’d love to see that a lot of fans on here were desperate to throw Downes under a metaphorical bus when he played poorly at Hull.

I personally didn't, I didn't read too much after the Hull game but if that is true that is very poor. A 19 year old academy graduate, he will do some good some bad but eventually he will become very very good.

I actually don't think he played poorly at Hull, he just made a mistake for the first goal, but Jesus Christ if that was anything to go by we would have a different player dropping every week.

Just back from the u23's. on 21:15 - Sep 24 with 2044 viewspointofblue

Just back from the u23's. on 21:13 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

I personally didn't, I didn't read too much after the Hull game but if that is true that is very poor. A 19 year old academy graduate, he will do some good some bad but eventually he will become very very good.

I actually don't think he played poorly at Hull, he just made a mistake for the first goal, but Jesus Christ if that was anything to go by we would have a different player dropping every week.

But - whilst I agree with you - that’s what we got on here in response. “Downes isn’t up to it... where’s Chalobah... where’s Edun?”

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Just back from the u23's. on 21:33 - Sep 24 with 1886 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Watched most of it. We played well in parts but it was a low intensity game and the opposition were limited. We've got some talented boys coming through but this was a million miles away from the competitiveness of the league. You dont learn huge amounts here. One of the most noticeable things was too many times a runer would get past a man and there wouldnt be a huge effort to get back. You would not get away with it in the champ. Kenlock was guilty a few times of it.

Really promising players there but few of them could make the step up. Agree the Dozzell situation is frustrating. Clearly this is less frantic, physical then champ but at some point he will need to get back playing in the champ surely before Christmas!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Just back from the u23's. on 21:43 - Sep 24 with 1823 viewsHerbivore

Didn't we win the reserve league the year we got relegated from the Prem?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Just back from the u23's. on 21:48 - Sep 24 with 1768 viewsPinewoodblue

difficult to know just how good the U23's are, they are certainly a well drilled outfit and no shortage of talented players.

It really is a shame that the club decided, allegedly for the sake of the pitch, not to enter the U23 cup competition which also Premier League sides

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Just back from the u23's. on 21:54 - Sep 24 with 1710 viewsfactual_blue

Young Jack is the answer to our striker problems.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just back from the u23's. on 10:10 - Sep 25 with 1129 viewsPilgrimblue

Just back from the u23's. on 21:10 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

By that token half the team on Saturday should be thrown under the bus. Its not the one mistake that counts its what they do in the whole game!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024