Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trump visit cost a few quid 14:53 - Oct 11 with 4589 viewsNo9

was it worth it?

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/police-operation-donald-trump-visit-uk-cost-taxpayers-
The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:02 - Oct 11 with 3040 viewsJ2BLUE

Yes, he is the democratically elected leader of our biggest ally. It's not actually his fault anyway. Blame the protesters. I'm not saying they shouldn't protest if they feel it's right but it's not really fair to blame Trump himself for the cost.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:04 - Oct 11 with 3032 viewsNo9

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:02 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Yes, he is the democratically elected leader of our biggest ally. It's not actually his fault anyway. Blame the protesters. I'm not saying they shouldn't protest if they feel it's right but it's not really fair to blame Trump himself for the cost.

Not blaming Trump but the question is valid
The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:39 - Oct 11 with 2997 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

funnily enough it was some of those very tax payers that caused the cost to escalate.

Thats the price of democracy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:51 - Oct 11 with 2985 viewsHerbivore

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:02 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

If he wasn't such a hateful cwnt there wouldn't be protests, so it kind of is his fault really.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 15:57]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:58 - Oct 11 with 2968 viewsJ2BLUE

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:51 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

If he wasn't such a hateful cwnt there wouldn't be protests, so it kind of is his fault really.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 15:57]

Who America chooses to elect is none of our business. What's the alternative? Say no sorry, we don't want you here? That would be really wise wouldn't it?

Truly impaired.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:00 - Oct 11 with 2965 viewsHerbivore

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:58 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Who America chooses to elect is none of our business. What's the alternative? Say no sorry, we don't want you here? That would be really wise wouldn't it?

If we had any principles left then of course we'd deny him a visit.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:02 - Oct 11 with 2961 viewsJ2BLUE

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:00 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Well agree to disagree.

Truly impaired.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:05 - Oct 11 with 2957 viewsWeWereZombies

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 15:58 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Well it is a bit our business seeing as how they have a number of military bases on our soil

And they stiffed us on lend/lease until the early 2000s (although we did use some of the money to set up the NHS and so had a superior public health system to flaunt at them).

And they keep using our language, in a rudimentary sort of way.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:46 - Oct 11 with 2905 viewsStokieBlue

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:00 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

I assume the same should be said of Xi Jinping?

What Xi Jinping is doing to the Uighurs is far worse than anything the idiot Trump has done yet he got a state visit.

If you are going to deny a visit then would you also cut-off ties with the country? Not accepting a democratically elected leader, no matter how idiotic he is, is surely paramount to that.

SB
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 16:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:51 - Oct 11 with 2894 viewsJ2BLUE

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:46 - Oct 11 by StokieBlue

What Xi Jinping is doing to the Uighurs is far worse than anything the idiot Trump has done yet he got a state visit.

If you are going to deny a visit then would you also cut-off ties with the country? Not accepting a democratically elected leader, no matter how idiotic he is, is surely paramount to that.

SB

Not as fashionable as opposing Trump.

Truly impaired.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:58 - Oct 11 with 2884 viewsHerbivore

SB

I wouldn't welcome him either, no.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:59 - Oct 11 with 2879 viewsHerbivore

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:51 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Not as fashionable as opposing Trump.

Sigh. That's a really pathetic response. Dismissing legitimate concerns as 'fashionable'? I'd thought you were better than that.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:59 - Oct 11 with 2879 viewsStokieBlue

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:58 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

I wouldn't welcome him either, no.

Fair enough :).

The only problem with that is how is it different to essentially cutting off ties with a country because you don't like who the leader is?

It's a tricky one because in these cases legitimate moral concerns probably have to take a back seat.

SB
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 17:00]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:03 - Oct 11 with 2872 viewsJ2BLUE

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 16:59 - Oct 11 by Herbivore

Sigh. That's a really pathetic response. Dismissing legitimate concerns as 'fashionable'? I'd thought you were better than that.

True though. I didn't deny many had legitimate concerns but there's no denying Trump attracts way more criticism and protests than anyone else.

What I find more pathetic is saying we should deny him entry to the country. As I said, we'll agree to disagree.

Truly impaired.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:06 - Oct 11 with 2862 viewsjeera

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:03 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

True though. I didn't deny many had legitimate concerns but there's no denying Trump attracts way more criticism and protests than anyone else.

What I find more pathetic is saying we should deny him entry to the country. As I said, we'll agree to disagree.

Luckily there's a wedding tomorrow that I'm sure we all agree we can get behind.

Eugenie. How exciting is that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:08 - Oct 11 with 2863 viewsJ2BLUE

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:06 - Oct 11 by jeera

Luckily there's a wedding tomorrow that I'm sure we all agree we can get behind.

Eugenie. How exciting is that?

Who?

Truly impaired.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:11 - Oct 11 with 2852 viewsjeera

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:08 - Oct 11 by J2BLUE

Who?

Well, quite.

Wants her share of public expenditure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45746452

c**ts

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:28 - Oct 11 with 2839 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:11 - Oct 11 by jeera

Well, quite.

Wants her share of public expenditure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45746452

c**ts

Here's the thing. If a country wants a monarchy, and polls show that we are massively in favour of having a Royal family, then we have to be able to pay for their security.

So it's not the wedding of a minor Royal that comes at a great cost, it's the security provided for her Grandmother, Grandfather, Uncle and cousins, all of whom are targets of terrorists.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:45 - Oct 11 with 2814 viewsjeera

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:28 - Oct 11 by GlasgowBlue

Here's the thing. If a country wants a monarchy, and polls show that we are massively in favour of having a Royal family, then we have to be able to pay for their security.

So it's not the wedding of a minor Royal that comes at a great cost, it's the security provided for her Grandmother, Grandfather, Uncle and cousins, all of whom are targets of terrorists.

Here's the thing. She doesn't require a big lavish wedding and I'm aware what the costs are for.

Her father owns his own chapel on his own grounds. Let them use that.

We have people with no homes, people who are ill being neglected.

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:49 - Oct 11 with 2811 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 17:45 - Oct 11 by jeera

Here's the thing. She doesn't require a big lavish wedding and I'm aware what the costs are for.

Her father owns his own chapel on his own grounds. Let them use that.

We have people with no homes, people who are ill being neglected.

But as I understand it, and I stand to be corrected, the cost to the public purse is for security alone. Not the wedding ceremony.

She could get married at Lambeth Town Hall and have the reception at her local KFC and the public purse would still have to foot the bill for security to the tune of several £million. Because many of her close family are directly in line for the throne and are therefore seen by terrorists as legitimate targets.

Iron Lion Zion

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 19:51 - Oct 11 with 2752 viewsNo9

SB

Agreed, he shouldn't have been welcome Queeny dind't like it did she?
The Trump visit cost a few quid on 22:27 - Oct 11 with 2696 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Should be more annoyed why the taxpayers are footing the bill for Princess Eugenie's wedding. Like the Royals are so skint and deserve more from the public purse!
https://news.sky.com/story/princess-eugenies-wedding-police-to-apply-for-extra-c

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 22:35 - Oct 11 with 2682 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 22:27 - Oct 11 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Should be more annoyed why the taxpayers are footing the bill for Princess Eugenie's wedding. Like the Royals are so skint and deserve more from the public purse!
https://news.sky.com/story/princess-eugenies-wedding-police-to-apply-for-extra-c

“Buckingham Palace confirmed the Royal Family will be personally paying for the wedding, including the reception, but said security is a matter for the police, so will not be paying policing costs.”

Would you prefer the Royal family were left exposed to assassination?

As I said before. If a country is to have a constitutional monarchy then they must be protected from attack.

Iron Lion Zion

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 22:43 - Oct 11 with 2673 viewsLord_Lucan

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 22:35 - Oct 11 by GlasgowBlue

“Buckingham Palace confirmed the Royal Family will be personally paying for the wedding, including the reception, but said security is a matter for the police, so will not be paying policing costs.”

Would you prefer the Royal family were left exposed to assassination?

As I said before. If a country is to have a constitutional monarchy then they must be protected from attack.

I'm a massive royalist but there is no need for this wedding to be so high profile. Andrew is an idiot and his daughters are spongers

They could and should have had a smaller family and friends thing, no one is interested in this bollox. It's only because Andrew and Eugene have some misplaced idea anyone gives a hoot about them.

Complete bunch of arse IMHO.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Trump visit cost a few quid on 22:59 - Oct 11 with 2660 viewstcblue

This must be what the "Austerity is over" thing was about. Some posh bird getting wed off benefits
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024