Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Me being honest 12:22 - Oct 30 with 1953 viewsCoastalblue

I'll hold my hand up and admit that I was delighted with the Hurst appointment, he wasn't my first choice but I thought he was exactly what we needed post Mick.
I was also delighted wih the recruitment policy, even if a tiny bit apprehensive of the number of unproven talents. Actually I still think with proper management and team selection there are a few there who will surprise us yet.

I was wrong, it all went more horribly wrong that I could have imagined, but, there is a silver lining.

Whilst we had to fail and fall to achieve it happening I think we look to aquired a fantastic manager in Lambert and I'm really excited to see where we can go from here longer term. I can also see a little more investment happening on the playing side, I always felt Mick was reasonably happy to achieve what he could with what he had, I think PL has greater ambition.

Just to put this in context, I was also happy with Jewel when he was appointed, did not want RK at all and had a grudging respect for MM.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Me being honest on 12:28 - Oct 30 with 1905 viewsRobTheMonk

Didn't mind the Jewell signing - went wrong.
Had reservations about Keane - went wrong.
Welcomed McCarty - did bloomin well with us but took as as far as he could.
Welcomed Hurst - on paper looked like a good signing. Had done well in league 1 and 2 respectively. Next logical step up. Went horribly wrong.

And now on to Lambert. Pretty happy with the appointment. He'll see it as a challenge. Get a few wins on the board and suddenly it doesn't look too bad. Backing him in the transer window is a neccessity.
Me being honest on 12:31 - Oct 30 with 1891 viewsWestover

I was as well but I was worried about the amount of lower division players brought in but that's history, I think we have got the best manager we could get when you take into account the position we are in, let's just hope he can keep us up this season and build a good side for the future.😋
Me being honest on 13:00 - Oct 30 with 1757 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn't know what to expect. I was somewhat perplexed by the overly zealous reaction on here to his appointment - I can't imagine many people knew what he was like before.

I'm in the same position with Lambert. Gut feeling says he'll be an improvement as he has the experience of dealing with the knocks. But he's had downs as well as ups, and is severely hamstrung by his team and the conditions under which he has to work. Has he got enough to make a difference? I hope so.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Me being honest on 13:09 - Oct 30 with 1722 viewsGuthrum

Pretty much the same, except I was enthusiastic about Keane and had a lot of respect for McCarthy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:03 - Oct 30 with 1629 viewsThrobbe

He wasn't my preferred choice, but I was excited about us trying a new approach with an up and coming manager.

I'll file it alongside 'You can stick your Joe Royle ...', 'mark my words, Bramble will be an England regular by the time he's 24' and many other hilariously wrong Throbbe opinions about ITFC.

Neutral on Lambert. Feels like another safe pair of hands to fix us as mid-table also rans, but I recognise that there is some potential there.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2018 14:08]

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Pretty much my exact feelings as well on 14:07 - Oct 30 with 1622 viewsDyland

Not sure I'm overly excited currently at much hope short, mid or longer term but agree we have a chance at least. And there it is AGAIN, that killing hope. Football, ffs :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Pretty much my exact feelings as well on 14:41 - Oct 30 with 1571 viewsTownly

Pretty much my exact feelings as well on 14:07 - Oct 30 by Dyland

Not sure I'm overly excited currently at much hope short, mid or longer term but agree we have a chance at least. And there it is AGAIN, that killing hope. Football, ffs :)

Lambert came because the carrot was extra BIG.

ME had little choice but to splash the cash in order to avoid losing far more.

Any Town fan who cannot see this is naive.

Lambert will likely succeed, but it is all so short term.
Me being honest on 14:52 - Oct 30 with 1554 viewsFrimleyBlue

Everyone knew my feelings on Hurst when first linked and yes I made it well known every since. I tried to cover negative thoughts but when you are so dead against something its very difficult to join in the waves of 'positives' people were trying to find when everything Hurst did was absolute sht at this level of football. I found it baffling that no one could see it getting worse, and 90% of posters continued to ride the magical wave of Hurst, something I just couldn't believe.

Lambert for me, is the best managerial appointment since Royle, He has everything, he's not to old, he has experience in this league, lower league, higher league. He's been involved in the good and the bad in football, signed a mixture of lower league players, players from abroad, players for fees, players on free's. He literally has experienced everything you would want in a championship manager.

In fact I'm so confident, I will see us staying up this season, finishing top 6 next season and promoted. That's how confident I am with Lambert

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Lollers on 14:55 - Oct 30 with 1538 viewsDyland

Me being honest on 14:52 - Oct 30 by FrimleyBlue

Everyone knew my feelings on Hurst when first linked and yes I made it well known every since. I tried to cover negative thoughts but when you are so dead against something its very difficult to join in the waves of 'positives' people were trying to find when everything Hurst did was absolute sht at this level of football. I found it baffling that no one could see it getting worse, and 90% of posters continued to ride the magical wave of Hurst, something I just couldn't believe.

Lambert for me, is the best managerial appointment since Royle, He has everything, he's not to old, he has experience in this league, lower league, higher league. He's been involved in the good and the bad in football, signed a mixture of lower league players, players from abroad, players for fees, players on free's. He literally has experienced everything you would want in a championship manager.

In fact I'm so confident, I will see us staying up this season, finishing top 6 next season and promoted. That's how confident I am with Lambert

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Me being honest on 14:57 - Oct 30 with 1531 viewsCoastalblue

Me being honest on 14:52 - Oct 30 by FrimleyBlue

Oh

I thought you were one of the last surving of the "Hurst in" camp

Hopefully we can start to pick up some results and all unite, it's well overdue!

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Me being honest on 15:04 - Oct 30 with 1505 viewsbluephil021

If you are being honest you have to accept that the squad is not of Championship standard, I hope that PL can do something and can win a few games but I doult it will be enough to keep us up. After the fall it be along way back, why would any half decent player want to come to Ipswich the way things are.
Me being honest on 15:44 - Oct 30 with 1406 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Me being honest on 12:28 - Oct 30 by RobTheMonk

Didn't mind the Jewell signing - went wrong.
Had reservations about Keane - went wrong.
Welcomed McCarty - did bloomin well with us but took as as far as he could.
Welcomed Hurst - on paper looked like a good signing. Had done well in league 1 and 2 respectively. Next logical step up. Went horribly wrong.

And now on to Lambert. Pretty happy with the appointment. He'll see it as a challenge. Get a few wins on the board and suddenly it doesn't look too bad. Backing him in the transer window is a neccessity.

I thought the Keane appointment was strange, underwhelmed by Jewell, thought appointing McCarthy was excellent and was 50/50 on Hurst as Jack Ross was the man for the moment. Was excited about Hurst until we lost at Braintree, he complained about the quality of the players and he signed a load of League One and League Two players for up to £1.6 million each.

Lambert I'm ok with but not particularly excited about. We will see how it goes, however what we can say is that it'll be no worse than Hurst.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024