Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently 08:09 - Nov 23 with 2893 viewsElderGrizzly

Yes, if he was managing the opposition...

[Post edited 23 Nov 2018 8:09]
Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:14 - Nov 23 with 2863 viewsVic

I reckon he’s got one more chance in club football.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:18 - Nov 23 with 2856 viewsfactual_blue

The root of his problem is that he can't tolerate players with less ability than he had.

Well, no - the root of his is more likely to be massive issues about self-esteem. The intolerance of the average is a manifestation of that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:22 - Nov 23 with 2836 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:18 - Nov 23 by factual_blue

The root of his problem is that he can't tolerate players with less ability than he had.

Well, no - the root of his is more likely to be massive issues about self-esteem. The intolerance of the average is a manifestation of that.

The root of his problem is that he's a terrible football manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:23 - Nov 23 with 2834 viewsbluewein

"That’s the question Jim White and co. were asking..."

File that one under pr1cks talking like pr1cks...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:27 - Nov 23 with 2825 viewsCoastalblue

At least he's no longer the worst Town manager in living memory, he's probably the one person with something to thank Hurst for.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:30 - Nov 23 with 2820 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:27 - Nov 23 by Coastalblue

At least he's no longer the worst Town manager in living memory, he's probably the one person with something to thank Hurst for.

Keane is what Hurst dreamed of being when he grew up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:31 - Nov 23 with 2819 viewsfactual_blue

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:22 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

He's just a misunderstood chap trying to do his best

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:32 - Nov 23 with 2817 viewsfactual_blue

Where in the FCO hierarchy are you in relation to Palmerston?

Login to get fewer ads

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:34 - Nov 23 with 2805 viewsGeoffSentence

I am not sure how we can judge that statement as Ipswich were not a troubled club when he rolled into town.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 09:09 - Nov 23 with 2765 viewsPJH

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:34 - Nov 23 by GeoffSentence

I am not sure how we can judge that statement as Ipswich were not a troubled club when he rolled into town.

But we certainly were when he rolled out of town.
Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 09:45 - Nov 23 with 2721 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:14 - Nov 23 by Vic

I reckon he’s got one more chance in club football.

Oh I don't know, there's plenty of stupid chairmen and owners out there who are impressed by very famous former footballers with no discernible record in management.

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 10:03 - Nov 23 with 2698 viewsBlueBadger

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:31 - Nov 23 by factual_blue

He's just a misunderstood chap trying to do his best

Does this make him the Jacob Rees-Mogg of football?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 11:35 - Nov 23 with 2622 viewsLeagueOne

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:22 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

His record isn't that bad on paper though. Took Sunderland up. Took Ipswich to a Cup semi-final for the first time since George Burley. Never relegated anyone.

If you were a club with some money to spend, with a decent squad in the Championship he'd do alright as proven at Sunderland. Put him in charge of a club being run day to day by public school educated, Olympics man with an invisible owner who never met with all three of them together and an average squad and he'll struggle to do anything.

Celtic would be an ideal appointment for him, he can win 3 trophies a year, and qualify for Europe simply by showing up to work.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 13:05 - Nov 23 with 2547 viewsGluedtoBlue

He's marmite.

Pretty much everyone who played with him for an extended period says he's without doubt the best leader. He demands high standards but he delivers them himself.

It's not do as I say not as I do. The right players would respond well to Keane. His downside is the seeming inability to tone it down with some as not everyone will respond the same.

It wouldn't surprise me if he goes into a club and does well.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 13:11 - Nov 23 with 2537 viewsJimmyJazz

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 11:35 - Nov 23 by LeagueOne

His record isn't that bad on paper though. Took Sunderland up. Took Ipswich to a Cup semi-final for the first time since George Burley. Never relegated anyone.

If you were a club with some money to spend, with a decent squad in the Championship he'd do alright as proven at Sunderland. Put him in charge of a club being run day to day by public school educated, Olympics man with an invisible owner who never met with all three of them together and an average squad and he'll struggle to do anything.

Celtic would be an ideal appointment for him, he can win 3 trophies a year, and qualify for Europe simply by showing up to work.

I could deliver 3 trophies a year if appointed the manager of Celtic. It's not exactly difficult

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 13:29 - Nov 23 with 2503 viewsVic

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 09:45 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

Oh I don't know, there's plenty of stupid chairmen and owners out there who are impressed by very famous former footballers with no discernible record in management.

There won't be if he fails again. That's why he has one last chance.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 13:46 - Nov 23 with 2472 viewsBrixtonBlue

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 11:35 - Nov 23 by LeagueOne

I really don't know why people hold a Championship club getting to the semi finals of the League Cup in such high regard.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 13:51 - Nov 23 with 2460 viewsElderGrizzly

Roy Keane would be the saviour of a troubled club apparently on 08:32 - Nov 23 by factual_blue

Where in the FCO hierarchy are you in relation to Palmerston?

Fur ball collector...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024