Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One seems inevitable doesn't it? 15:13 - Dec 3 with 1422 viewsTNBlue

Not even the "dead cat bounce" of a new manager has lifted our performances. I can't see them sacking another manager so it'll be Lambert at the helm to try to steer us clear from relegation. And absolutely nothing I have seen from him suggests to me he can do that. So I have officially abandoned hope we will stay in the Championship. Be nice to play Blackpool again.

Evans OUT
League One seems inevitable doesn't it? on 15:14 - Dec 3 with 1405 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yes

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

League One seems inevitable doesn't it? on 15:17 - Dec 3 with 1390 viewsSpruceMoose

Ah Blackpool. Now THAT'S an owner!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

League One seems inevitable doesn't it? on 15:21 - Dec 3 with 1379 viewsTIB

It was my first game Saturday since PL's arrival. His appointment didn't fill me with confidence but from following match reports since his arrival it sounded like things were looking better despite the results, Saturday though it looked to me very obvious that the fullbacks are inept / totally low on confidence and where our issues lie. Add Ward into the mix and the right flank Saturday was not worthy of L2.

All that said, Lambert hasn't done much for a while although has been at some tough clubs so part of me feels he's in the same boat as us...we're both at low points looking to get back to our best.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

League One seems inevitable doesn't it? on 15:28 - Dec 3 with 1358 viewsJammyDodgerrr

You've seen absolutely nothing at all from Lambert? Have you been watching?

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

League One seems inevitable doesn't it? on 15:55 - Dec 3 with 1306 viewshomer_123

Lambert has certainly been trying to do the right things. He's trying to build a bit of confidence into a shattered squad and has, got them playing some football, certainly more football than under Hurst.

It's also clear that the players have a far better idea of what is expected of them, what their positions are with and without the ball should be etc.

The issue he's got is actually very simple. All of the above is moot without a win. The lads are shot confidence wise and badly badly need a result.

Given we have failed to turnover Reading, Preston and Brizzle (all winnable games, we can forgive WBA and even Forest to a degree) is a real problem and simply makes the job harder.

Lambert's job is arguably harder than when Mick joined...he's trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear and it isn't currently working.

Bar a win, I'm not sure what more he can do. He's tried to keep a consistent side, he's instilled an approach of trying to play a bit of football, a bit of attacking intent, clear instructions to players - the issue is, no win. It 'feels' like a team destined for relegation - when you are down and out, things like Barts own goal, individual mistakes, poor luck, not being able to see out a win are things that are a typical of a relegation squad. It's where we are at.

I can see us possibly beating Wigan at home but the likes of Boro, Stoke, QPR....not sure what joy we'll get from those?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

League One seems inevitable doesn't it? on 18:38 - Dec 3 with 1199 viewsLeagueOne

We never got a dead cat bounce as the cat had been well and truly run over, backed over about 15 times, and then head a lorry worth of sheet metal tipped on top of it before Lambert even got here.

I'd challenge any of the top managers in the world to buy a win with our starting 11. I doubt they'd have done anything with the last of Micks aging players and some of the worse players the third and fourth tiers had to offer, but were all Evans budget allowed Hurst to sign.

It's not Lamberts fault we are in such a mess, it's Evans first and Hurst second. They did this.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024