Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote 18:28 - Dec 20 with 3041 viewsGerkensBeard

Recycled by every town manager since ME tightened his purse.

At the end of the day it’s needs must. It’s absolutely vital this club stays in this division.

Therefore I look forward to Tyrone Barnett and Aaron McLean on loan in January
The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 18:30 - Dec 20 with 3025 viewsBackToRussia

It is odd how quickly Evans gets them reading from the script isn't it?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 19:04 - Dec 20 with 2985 viewsmonty_radio

If Lambert, as he made clear today, thinks youth won't cut it in our parlous circumstance, and he is prepared to act as a club mouthpiece in downgrading expectation even before we start, then grizzled veteran could equal Duggie.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 20:28 - Dec 20 with 2914 viewsVic

That’s exactly what I thought when I read it! Same old story.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 21:06 - Dec 20 with 2872 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 23:21 - Dec 20 with 2763 viewsScottCandage

Just because you HAVE the money to pay a million dollars for a stick of gum, and COULD pay a million dollars for a stick of gum, doesn't mean that stick of gum is worth a million dollars.
The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 07:59 - Dec 21 with 2651 viewsmarcus1642

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 23:21 - Dec 20 by ScottCandage

Just because you HAVE the money to pay a million dollars for a stick of gum, and COULD pay a million dollars for a stick of gum, doesn't mean that stick of gum is worth a million dollars.

I'm afraid January is a sellers market. Sticks of gum are always going to be expensive in January. Supply and demand, and all that.
The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:00 - Dec 21 with 2650 viewspennblue

It’s a very worrying statement. Surely now the owner has to
Listen to the manager and give him what he needs.

This whole “don’t want to put the club into a poor financial situation” smacks of “let’s not spend too much as we might be in league one next year”

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:16 - Dec 21 with 2632 viewsblueislander

You really think that that comment is exclusive toTown managers?
Login to get fewer ads

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:24 - Dec 21 with 2620 viewswkj

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:16 - Dec 21 by blueislander

You really think that that comment is exclusive toTown managers?

I agree, I think loan fees should well and truly be capped, to be frank. January is the worst time to need players, but our focus should not be on whether or not Hurst is saying the same things, it is whether or not Evans will do the same things- In some ways I consider a pang of hope that the prospect of Lambert not succeeding in keeping us up if Evans keeps his hands in his pockets comes true, as I don't think Evans deserves to get lucky all told.

However I am a town fan and my love for the badge is greater than my destain towards the current owner and situation. I want Lambert to succeed at all costs, but Evans needs a serious f'in wakeup call and for this mess to all sink in.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:56 - Dec 21 with 2582 viewsElephantintheRoom

You need a reality check. Town are in the market for grizzled old lags underperforming at other championship clubs on very high wages. These long-term duds are being asked to give up a very comfortable life on very high wages to relocate to a chilly small town club they have no interest in. on the fringes of the country, hundreds of miles from friends and family. At best they will expect accommodation costs and travel costs on top of their ludicrously high wages. Who pays these eye-watering sums for utter mediocrity is open to discussion, depending on how desperate the loaning out club are to get rid of unwanted rubbish. But it suits every other club in the division to have Town as nailed on certs for relegation, so no favours can be expected. These loaned in duds who can deliver maybe four goals a year are not a cheap option

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:59 - Dec 21 with 2577 viewswkj

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:56 - Dec 21 by ElephantintheRoom

You need a reality check. Town are in the market for grizzled old lags underperforming at other championship clubs on very high wages. These long-term duds are being asked to give up a very comfortable life on very high wages to relocate to a chilly small town club they have no interest in. on the fringes of the country, hundreds of miles from friends and family. At best they will expect accommodation costs and travel costs on top of their ludicrously high wages. Who pays these eye-watering sums for utter mediocrity is open to discussion, depending on how desperate the loaning out club are to get rid of unwanted rubbish. But it suits every other club in the division to have Town as nailed on certs for relegation, so no favours can be expected. These loaned in duds who can deliver maybe four goals a year are not a cheap option

You realise that PJ joined Swindon as Director of Football and not Ipswich right?

Crybaby

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:02 - Dec 21 with 2569 viewsJimmyJazz

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 19:04 - Dec 20 by monty_radio

If Lambert, as he made clear today, thinks youth won't cut it in our parlous circumstance, and he is prepared to act as a club mouthpiece in downgrading expectation even before we start, then grizzled veteran could equal Duggie.

What we'll get is a modern day Lee Chapman. One last gig before embarking on the rest his life plan - could almost describe Peter Crouch

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:07 - Dec 21 with 2566 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's almost as if so many of our managers have said it because it's true, rather than because the purse has been tightened.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:20 - Dec 21 with 2546 viewsbluewein

Remember when people said £5 million for Waggy and £3 million for Murph was ridiculous based on one season?

Those same people would be foaming at the mouth if we made that kind of signing...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:25 - Dec 21 with 2532 viewswkj

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:20 - Dec 21 by bluewein

Remember when people said £5 million for Waggy and £3 million for Murph was ridiculous based on one season?

Those same people would be foaming at the mouth if we made that kind of signing...

Some people were doing the same over Jackson, and Tilt, both of whom I feel have had quite unremarkable seasons, certainly far from the valuations fans were calling for town to stump up for. (Although To his credit tilt has put 3 away this season)
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 9:27]

Crybaby

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:30 - Dec 21 with 2520 viewsagentp

You know loaning out a player is usually beneficial to the loanee and the loaning club right? Loan fees and the proportion of wages paid are all negotiable.

With us being in a tricky situation just now, it's just Lambert eliminating much of that early agent speculation and fcking around by saying we won't be paying over the odds. He wants players who want to come rather than speculators trying to cash in on our situation. Strange that everything has to be analysed as negative.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:35 - Dec 21 with 2498 viewsblueislander

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 08:56 - Dec 21 by ElephantintheRoom

Thank you for giving us the Budgie perspective.
The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:35 - Dec 21 with 2498 viewsmonty_radio

The old “some of the fees clubs are asking for are ridiculous” quote on 09:07 - Dec 21 by JammyDodgerrr

It's almost as if so many of our managers have said it because it's true, rather than because the purse has been tightened.

There are lots of things that are true that could be said. Managers have share a common interest in achieving the best available provision to be successful. The fact that they may say it doesn't mean they support the paucity of resource that strict adherence would entail.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024