Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen 12:14 - Jan 2 with 2023 viewsunstableblue

For those who wonder how we got to Brexit and where the distrust and negativity towards the Brussels project came from... where Farage was spawned.. listen to this excellent look back from the World at One.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p067zhtq

It is compelling and for me quite shocking (fabrication of anti-EU stories).

And if you boil it down.. Murdoch gave a directive to a constantly drunk Kelvin McKensie, and The Sun went on a multi-year campaign of misinformation and 'straight cucumber' scare stories, Boris was never the 'on the fence' guy he pretended and was in deep cover as the Brussels correspondent literally making up stories. The Telegraph tried to maintain some sanity but failed.

Whatever you say about Brexit - this is a coruscating piece that shows that was never a fair fight or argument. And how Boris was allowed to have a leading role is bizarre.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:30 - Jan 2 with 1991 viewsStokieBlue

Yet the leaders of both parties seem to love it.

Even today JC is asking for something the EU has declared impossible within the constraints.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:33 - Jan 2 with 1992 viewsSteve_M

If we're having a Brexit thread, then I've just read this which is very good:

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/britain-is-on-brink-of-historic.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:44 - Jan 2 with 1958 viewsHerbivore

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:33 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2019/01/britain-is-on-brink-of-historic.

I think you've linked to that blog before, cracking read (as it was the last time). Thanks for sharing. It very eloquently sets out just what a clusterfck Brexit is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 22:43 - Jan 2 with 1864 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

No thanks, oh look the public funded bias pro EU BBC spreading BS like project fear 2. Unlike their UK colleagues, Sky 'Stralaya nailed it. We voted to LEAVE not to tell voters they did not know what they were voting for.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 23:03 - Jan 2 with 1843 viewsHARRY10

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 22:43 - Jan 2 by Jonnosdreadlocks

No thanks, oh look the public funded bias pro EU BBC spreading BS like project fear 2. Unlike their UK colleagues, Sky 'Stralaya nailed it. We voted to LEAVE not to tell voters they did not know what they were voting for.

In an advisory vote.

Underpinned by loud squeaks about the sovereignty of Parliament.

Time you lot accepted the lawful democratic process instead of constantly bleating out idiotic slogans.
Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 23:12 - Jan 2 with 1832 viewsHerbivore

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 22:43 - Jan 2 by Jonnosdreadlocks

She, like the average Brexiteer, doesn't know what she's on about. It's a combination of factual inaccuracies and pie in the sky wishful thinking.

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 23:53 - Jan 2 with 1801 viewsunstableblue

So that’s Sky Australia that is owned by... errrr... Rupert Murdoch

If you did listen to the audio - which by the way is part of a very balanced set of pieces on why Brexit has happened - you’d hear the editor of The Sun state Murdoch influenced his direction and that his Brussels coverage was very negatively biased. Are you suggesting the BBC forced him to say that.

You’re the worse kind of Brexiteer. Whereas many have valid concerns.

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 00:08 - Jan 3 with 1785 viewsunstableblue

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:33 - Jan 2 by Steve_M

Yes that Blog makes some really valid and frankly scary points.

The passage below has an interesting point - an organisation needs a strategy that reacts to its environment- think Blockbusters, Kodak, HMV. I have zero idea what our national strategy is?!

It’s no good Brexiters saying ‘but Britain managed perfectly well before’: even if that were true, which is highly questionable, Brexit isn’t a time machine. The world that existed in 1973 has disappeared. In this sense, Brexit represents a profound strategic error for the British economy: if the most basic feature of a national (like an organizational) strategy is its fit with the realities of its environment then Brexit is certain to have a poor outcome because it is incompatible with the realities of regionalization.

Login to get fewer ads

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 01:12 - Jan 3 with 1761 viewssyntaxerror

Yeah man, Britain First, blue passports, no bendy bananas, proper sausages, no Polish shops and the flag of St George on every house. Send those immigrants back and lets get the battleships built to get the Empire going again. Machine guns posts to fight them on the beaches and concrete up the Channel tunnel.
And while we are about it, Rule Britannia, God save the Queen and Reece Mogg for PM, with Farage and Yaxley Lennon as Foreign Minister and Home Affairs Minister respectively.
Send Corbyn, Diane Abbot and Vince Cable to their Commie Heaven in Venezuela, and send every Remoaner to live in Syrian Germany
Anything I have forgotten to make your type 'Right'?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 1:14]
Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 06:14 - Jan 3 with 1692 viewsBenters2

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 01:12 - Jan 3 by syntaxerror

Yeah man, Britain First, blue passports, no bendy bananas, proper sausages, no Polish shops and the flag of St George on every house. Send those immigrants back and lets get the battleships built to get the Empire going again. Machine guns posts to fight them on the beaches and concrete up the Channel tunnel.
And while we are about it, Rule Britannia, God save the Queen and Reece Mogg for PM, with Farage and Yaxley Lennon as Foreign Minister and Home Affairs Minister respectively.
Send Corbyn, Diane Abbot and Vince Cable to their Commie Heaven in Venezuela, and send every Remoaner to live in Syrian Germany
Anything I have forgotten to make your type 'Right'?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 1:14]

Haha Hun you ok?

I bet you want another vote?

Tough it just ain’t gonna happen xoxo
Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 09:09 - Jan 3 with 1600 viewsLeoMuff

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 06:14 - Jan 3 by Benters2

Haha Hun you ok?

Pretty good chance of another vote I would think.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 09:15 - Jan 3 with 1590 viewsHerbivore

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 06:14 - Jan 3 by Benters2

Haha Hun you ok?

I shouldn't be, but I find it surprising that you still don't seem to appreciate how serious this is. Your attitude is basically 'yeah we won, 1-0 to the gammons' without seeming to have the faintest idea what it is you think you've won and what the wider implications for the country might be.

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 10:08 - Jan 3 with 1558 viewsHARRY10

Haha Hun you ok?

I don't think Brexit was ever going to happen.

It will be kicked further down the road long before March 31st.... by, ironically, a sovereign UK Parliament.

The dreams and delusions of a ragbag of bigots, right wing nutters and the ill informed will squeak.. a bit, then the UK will get on with moving forward as the latter slowly die off.
Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:42 - Jan 3 with 1503 viewsDarth_Koont

Excellent.

This is an important point that Brexiteers haven't even attempted to explain because they either don't get it or they pretend that we'll have the same terms as present (or even better!) to magically get around it:

"... UK services and also its most advanced manufacturing industries are very deeply embedded in the European market. It is not necessary to make or accept economic forecasts, only to understand basic institutional realities, to see that detaching a country from its regional bloc and then seeking to re-attach it on unknown, but by definition worse, terms to that same bloc, in an unknown time frame, is going to have adverse consequences for businesses and trade, and hence for employment and tax revenues."

Pronouns: He/Him

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:50 - Jan 3 with 1486 viewsDarth_Koont

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 23:12 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

She, like the average Brexiteer, doesn't know what she's on about. It's a combination of factual inaccuracies and pie in the sky wishful thinking.

Indeed. She's utterly clueless and her arguments are a throwback to the silliness of the Leave campaign.

Pronouns: He/Him

Back to Brexit (you love it) - this is a must listen on 12:52 - Jan 3 with 1480 viewsWD19

You only have to witness some of the ME bogeyman stuff on here to see how Brexit happened.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024