Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11:19 - Jan 28 with 3056 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:22 - Jan 28 with 2352 viewsBluebell

Sorry I can't help with the driving part but congratulations on the baby Libero. When is it due?
Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:25 - Jan 28 with 2336 viewsITFC_Forever

I didn't pass until my 6th attempt.... my instructor said there was nothing wrong with my driving, but in the tests I got too nervous and made daft mistakes. I was 18 at the time.
He was at a loss as to overcome this, and even suggested changing driving schools, but that wouldn't have overcome the nerves on test day - that was something that had to come from within me (and he was right).

Finally managed to pass, but then didn't drive for another 4 years or so until I finished uni, and then simply jumped behind the wheel. With hindsight, I should certainly have had a couple of refresher lessons before doing that.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 11:42]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:25 - Jan 28 with 2326 viewsHerbivore

That's unfortunate buddy, driving tests are a bit of a lottery to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:25 - Jan 28 with 2324 viewsuefacup81

I'd perhaps avoid Norwich?

I did my first test here in Norwich and failed, mainly because of the awful awful roundabout at Heartsease, which I must have gone round about ten times on the test.

I did my second over in Lowestoft, using the logic that it'd be easier to pass in a quieter location, and it was so much easier.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:27 - Jan 28 with 2314 viewsReuser_is_God

I used Beetle Drive when I was learning to drive.

Really decent bloke called Nathan.

https://www.yell.com/biz/beetle-drive-ipswich-7307280/

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:28 - Jan 28 with 2311 viewsGuthrum

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:25 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

I didn't pass until my 6th attempt.... my instructor said there was nothing wrong with my driving, but in the tests I got too nervous and made daft mistakes. I was 18 at the time.
He was at a loss as to overcome this, and even suggested changing driving schools, but that wouldn't have overcome the nerves on test day - that was something that had to come from within me (and he was right).

Finally managed to pass, but then didn't drive for another 4 years or so until I finished uni, and then simply jumped behind the wheel. With hindsight, I should certainly have had a couple of refresher lessons before doing that.

Friend of mine got so bad failing tests through nervousness that she was prescribed valium - and subsequently passed no problem. This was several decades ago, mind.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 11:31 - Jan 28 with 2302 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:22 - Jan 28 by Bluebell

Sorry I can't help with the driving part but congratulations on the baby Libero. When is it due?

on 11:33 - Jan 28 with 2296 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:25 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

Login to get fewer ads

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:34 - Jan 28 with 2296 viewsfactual_blue

This guy comes highly recommended

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

on 11:35 - Jan 28 with 2292 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:25 - Jan 28 by uefacup81

I'd perhaps avoid Norwich?

I did my first test here in Norwich and failed, mainly because of the awful awful roundabout at Heartsease, which I must have gone round about ten times on the test.

I did my second over in Lowestoft, using the logic that it'd be easier to pass in a quieter location, and it was so much easier.

on 11:35 - Jan 28 with 2289 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:27 - Jan 28 by Reuser_is_God

I used Beetle Drive when I was learning to drive.

Really decent bloke called Nathan.

https://www.yell.com/biz/beetle-drive-ipswich-7307280/

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:36 - Jan 28 with 2281 viewschicoazul

Mazel tov family Libero!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 11:37 - Jan 28 with 2279 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:28 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

Friend of mine got so bad failing tests through nervousness that she was prescribed valium - and subsequently passed no problem. This was several decades ago, mind.

on 11:38 - Jan 28 with 2272 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:36 - Jan 28 by chicoazul

Mazel tov family Libero!

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:42 - Jan 28 with 2250 viewsReuser_is_God

on 11:35 - Jan 28 by _

About 10 years ago.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:44 - Jan 28 with 2239 viewsITFC_Forever

on 11:33 - Jan 28 by _

Have a chat with a decent instructor in Ipswich (or wherever you live) - they might spot something that will make all the difference.

Put in for the next test and try to push any Titus-esque moments to the back of your mind...

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

on 11:45 - Jan 28 with 2237 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:25 - Jan 28 by Herbivore

That's unfortunate buddy, driving tests are a bit of a lottery to be fair.

on 11:46 - Jan 28 with 2232 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:44 - Jan 28 by ITFC_Forever

Have a chat with a decent instructor in Ipswich (or wherever you live) - they might spot something that will make all the difference.

Put in for the next test and try to push any Titus-esque moments to the back of your mind...

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 12:09 - Jan 28 with 2170 viewsjeera

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 11:28 - Jan 28 by Guthrum

I had a small spliff before my test.

Yeah I know, doesn't exactly sound responsible in hindsight.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 12:23 - Jan 28 with 2147 viewsjeera

Congratulations on your news!

Dunno what to say about the driving issue, but it sounds as though you're already onto it. Like you say yourself, finding someone local to give you an assessment and maybe just a lesson or 2 should do the trick.

I can't suggest anyone as my instructor will probably be in his 80s by now.

on 12:25 - Jan 28 with 2142 views_

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 12:23 - Jan 28 by jeera

Congratulations on your news!

Dunno what to say about the driving issue, but it sounds as though you're already onto it. Like you say yourself, finding someone local to give you an assessment and maybe just a lesson or 2 should do the trick.

I can't suggest anyone as my instructor will probably be in his 80s by now.

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 12:39 - Jan 28 with 2115 viewsjeera

on 12:25 - Jan 28 by _

Yes, of course, and it's one of those things that recommendations really make all the difference. I still hear some stories about poor instructors and I always wonder why people feel tied to the one specifically if they don't click with them.

It really is an important relationship.

I was a little bit scared of mine, which wasn't a bad thing tbf, but he had taught one of my mates and one of his before him and went on to teach more of our friends following that, and we all had respectable results.

I would put that solely down to him and his approach.

You're probably a bit old and large to be intimidated by yours but a little healthy respect is good if you meet one like that. You know, one who isn't too concerned about your feelings and will be frank about ability but with your best interests at heart.

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 12:52 - Jan 28 with 2070 viewsBurwell_Blue

on 11:45 - Jan 28 by _

Two car lengths before a hump in the road? Sounds dangerous as hell, should have been driving defensively a lot further back than that.

Another failure for someone doing something behind you on a roundabout also sounds avoidable to be honest.

Perhaps driving isn't for you? My brother took 7 attempts to pass which was frankly a bit of a joke to be honest.
Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 13:00 - Jan 28 with 2045 viewspickles110564

Sending you a pm m8.
Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 13:27 - Jan 28 with 2010 viewsjeera

Driving Instructors on the board? Recommendations? on 12:52 - Jan 28 by Burwell_Blue

Two car lengths before a hump in the road? Sounds dangerous as hell, should have been driving defensively a lot further back than that.

Another failure for someone doing something behind you on a roundabout also sounds avoidable to be honest.

Perhaps driving isn't for you? My brother took 7 attempts to pass which was frankly a bit of a joke to be honest.

My niece had so many tests that in the end she stopped telling us!

But she's a decent driver and confident in her ability.

Some people just struggle with the tests. She would be fine but then fall apart on the day.

I know Libs doesn't suggest that, but he is putting himself under pressure which can make a huge difference.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024