Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some really worrying numbers here 09:11 - Apr 25 with 40249 viewsStokieBlue

500,000 UK children have missed a measles jab.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48039524

I know there is a tiny chance of side-effects from the vaccine but overall the huge weight of evidence is that having the vaccine is statistically far better for any individual.

We will get anecdotal evidence no doubt which counters this but anecdotal evidence is tail events not the weight of probability.

Something needs to be done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 7676 viewsHarry_Palmer

Very encouraging numbers actually, it shows UK parents are starting to wake up to the reality that injecting documented poisons into your children is not a good idea and will certainly never make them healthy.

I note you mention the 'tiny' chance of side effects but fail to mention the also 'tiny' chance of any serious complications arising from measles in otherwise healthy individuals.

Of course, it is impossible to get a fair comparison of the risk because only a small percentage of adverse vaccine reactions are ever officially reported and those that do are often dismissed as coincidence and not accepted as a Vaccine reaction.

I also note you don't mention that getting measles offers guaranteed lifelong immunity from getting measles again whereas getting the vaccine a) does not guarantee protection at all and b) any immunity gained does not last indefinitely.

Have you had a booster of all the main vaccines yourself Stokie? (seeing as you are probably not now protected against anything you haven't had)
Some really worrying numbers here on 09:49 - Apr 25 with 7662 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:42 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Very encouraging numbers actually, it shows UK parents are starting to wake up to the reality that injecting documented poisons into your children is not a good idea and will certainly never make them healthy.

I note you mention the 'tiny' chance of side effects but fail to mention the also 'tiny' chance of any serious complications arising from measles in otherwise healthy individuals.

Of course, it is impossible to get a fair comparison of the risk because only a small percentage of adverse vaccine reactions are ever officially reported and those that do are often dismissed as coincidence and not accepted as a Vaccine reaction.

I also note you don't mention that getting measles offers guaranteed lifelong immunity from getting measles again whereas getting the vaccine a) does not guarantee protection at all and b) any immunity gained does not last indefinitely.

Have you had a booster of all the main vaccines yourself Stokie? (seeing as you are probably not now protected against anything you haven't had)

It is of course, pure coincidence that measles deaths are practically non-existent since we started vaccinating all children against easily preventable diseases and pure coincidences that outbreaks are on the up since idiots decided that their opinions are on a par with hard facts.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 9:53]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:49 - Apr 25 with 7656 viewsStokieBlue

We've been over this, you refused to actually address the points last time. I know you have anecdotal evidence which blinds you in this case but the weight of scientific opinion isn't on your side.

What "poisons" are in the measles vaccine?

The vaccine doesn't guarantee protection but it gives a high probability of protection. If everyone has it then the chances of coming into contact with the disease are greatly reduced thus herd immunity does work regardless of your statements to the converse. You don't seem to look at this from a probabilistic angle, more an absolutes angle which isn't the way it should be viewed.

Why would I need a booster? Two shots is enough for a lifetime. As for other items I've had many boosters via my travelling. Not sure what your point is?

Where is your evidence that I'm not protected? Science doesn't agree with you I'm afraid. The immune response doesn't suddenly disappear over time.

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:52 - Apr 25 with 7640 viewsBackToRussia

Stay away from me.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:53 - Apr 25 with 7632 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:52 - Apr 25 by BackToRussia

Stay away from me.

...and young children, the immncompromised, elderly....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:12 - Apr 25 with 7606 viewsBackToRussia

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:53 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

...and young children, the immncompromised, elderly....

Think the Asian cultures have it right with the old surgical face masks out in public.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:14 - Apr 25 with 7605 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:12 - Apr 25 by BackToRussia

Think the Asian cultures have it right with the old surgical face masks out in public.

A lot of those paper masks aren't as effective in keeping out a lot of viruses as you'd like to think though. They're a lot better for filtering out air pollutants, which tend to be a feature of a lot of very crowded Asian cities, though.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 10:14]

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:20 - Apr 25 with 7598 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:49 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

We've been over this, you refused to actually address the points last time. I know you have anecdotal evidence which blinds you in this case but the weight of scientific opinion isn't on your side.

The vaccine doesn't guarantee protection but it gives a high probability of protection. If everyone has it then the chances of coming into contact with the disease are greatly reduced thus herd immunity does work regardless of your statements to the converse. You don't seem to look at this from a probabilistic angle, more an absolutes angle which isn't the way it should be viewed.

Why would I need a booster? Two shots is enough for a lifetime. As for other items I've had many boosters via my travelling. Not sure what your point is?

Where is your evidence that I'm not protected? Science doesn't agree with you I'm afraid. The immune response doesn't suddenly disappear over time.

SB

Basic misunderstanding of how the specific immune system works there, innit. Imagine an anti-vaxxer not being in possession of the basic facts.

Login to get fewer ads

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:32 - Apr 25 with 7575 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:49 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

It is of course, pure coincidence that measles deaths are practically non-existent since we started vaccinating all children against easily preventable diseases and pure coincidences that outbreaks are on the up since idiots decided that their opinions are on a par with hard facts.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 9:53]

I think you might find that mortality rates were already on a steep decline well before the measles vaccine was introduced.

I think you might also find access to better food, clean drinking water, improved sanitation, and less overcrowded and better living conditions may just have played a little part as well.

Seeing as you seem to struggle with the whole 'thinking' bit, here are some 'facts' to help you out a bit. You can thank me later.

https://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/
Some really worrying numbers here on 10:36 - Apr 25 with 7570 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:52 - Apr 25 by BackToRussia

Stay away from me.

Seeing as I have no idea who you are I cannot guarantee that but don't worry I had measles when I was younger and lived to tell the tale, thus I have lifelong immunity. Funnily enough I also had the measles vaccine but still got it anyway.
Some really worrying numbers here on 10:36 - Apr 25 with 7572 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:32 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

I think you might find that mortality rates were already on a steep decline well before the measles vaccine was introduced.

I think you might also find access to better food, clean drinking water, improved sanitation, and less overcrowded and better living conditions may just have played a little part as well.

Seeing as you seem to struggle with the whole 'thinking' bit, here are some 'facts' to help you out a bit. You can thank me later.

You see that BIG drop-off around 1968? That's when the vaccine was introduced. The numbers are overwhelmingly showing the opposite to what you think they do and supporting the notion that vaccines, in conjunction with improved healthcare and public health legislation, prevent deaths.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:02]

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:37 - Apr 25 with 7565 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:36 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Seeing as I have no idea who you are I cannot guarantee that but don't worry I had measles when I was younger and lived to tell the tale, thus I have lifelong immunity. Funnily enough I also had the measles vaccine but still got it anyway.

So, you were better equipped to fight it off then? I hope you thank your parents when you reach adulthood.

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:39 - Apr 25 with 7560 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:32 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

That link is horrific. So many false conclusions drawn from very old studies.

I especially like this one:

"It has been estimated vaccines prevent 25% of the deaths of these children, so 75% still die. If there were effective treatments we could save their lives."

No evidence. Just a blanket statement we should all accept. It's also pushing the vaccines cause autism line which has been disproved multiple times.

I certainly understand why you would believe it all though, it's in line with your opinion thus confirmation bias will lead you that way.

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:41 - Apr 25 with 7550 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:39 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

"It has been estimated vaccines prevent 25% of the deaths of these children, so 75% still die. If there were effective treatments we could save their lives."

No evidence. Just a blanket statement we should all accept. It's also pushing the vaccines cause autism line which has been disproved multiple times.

I certainly understand why you would believe it all though, it's in line with your opinion thus confirmation bias will lead you that way.

SB

And, as I said below, a complete(a possibly wilful) misunderstanding of the data showing a huge drop off off in measles cases post introduction of vaccines.

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:43 - Apr 25 with 7545 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:36 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

We’ve been over this. The vaccine reduces the chances of getting measles but it’s not 100%. It likely helped you fight the disease as your body already had some idea what to do.

Why do you think that the immune response is maintained over time if you get measles but isn’t maintained over time if you have the vaccine?

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:49 - Apr 25 with 7535 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:39 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

SB

It's cool. I like how the data they use to show that vaccines don't work actually shows a huge and immediate fall in incidences of measles after the introduction of the vaccine (licenced in the mid-60s). Top line below.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:05]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:52 - Apr 25 with 7527 viewsHarry_Palmer

Some really worrying numbers here on 09:49 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

SB

To the contrary, there is plenty of scientific evidence that supports my position some of which was posted last time only you chose to ignore it.

Poisons in the MMR vaccine, that would be the aborted fetal dna, chick embryo cultures. MSG, fetal bovine serum, it goes on...

Where is your evidence that you are protected? You seem to like putting the onus on me to prove everything but cant actually provide any evidence yourself. Where is the hard evidence that herd immunity works, and i'm not just talking about vague statistical data that ignores all other possible variables and factors.
Some really worrying numbers here on 10:52 - Apr 25 with 7525 viewsIpswichKnight

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:49 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

It's cool. I like how the data they use to show that vaccines don't work actually shows a huge and immediate fall in incidences of measles after the introduction of the vaccine (licenced in the mid-60s). Top line below.

[Post edited 25 Apr 2019 11:05]

It's like when the flat earthers try a scientific experiment to show the Earth is flat and all it shows is that it's a sphere! Obviously it doesn't stop them they just say the experiment was wrong and we'll try a different one!
Some really worrying numbers here on 10:55 - Apr 25 with 7521 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:52 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

To the contrary, there is plenty of scientific evidence that supports my position some of which was posted last time only you chose to ignore it.

Poisons in the MMR vaccine, that would be the aborted fetal dna, chick embryo cultures. MSG, fetal bovine serum, it goes on...

Where is your evidence that you are protected? You seem to like putting the onus on me to prove everything but cant actually provide any evidence yourself. Where is the hard evidence that herd immunity works, and i'm not just talking about vague statistical data that ignores all other possible variables and factors.

Just remind us of the last time you heard of anyone dying of polio or smallpox?

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:56 - Apr 25 with 7518 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:52 - Apr 25 by IpswichKnight

It's like when the flat earthers try a scientific experiment to show the Earth is flat and all it shows is that it's a sphere! Obviously it doesn't stop them they just say the experiment was wrong and we'll try a different one!

The next step is to cheat and cherry pick data to show what you want to show. Happens all the time.

I'm not sure what the driver is behind these anti-vaxxer conspiracies. I've never really looked into it. I understand climate change, as that's obviously something the oil and gas lobby need to fight to preserve consumption of their product. But anti-vax? It must simply be pure paranoia similar to the flat earthers. Dunno.

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:57 - Apr 25 with 7513 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:56 - Apr 25 by Swansea_Blue

The next step is to cheat and cherry pick data to show what you want to show. Happens all the time.

I'm not sure what the driver is behind these anti-vaxxer conspiracies. I've never really looked into it. I understand climate change, as that's obviously something the oil and gas lobby need to fight to preserve consumption of their product. But anti-vax? It must simply be pure paranoia similar to the flat earthers. Dunno.

In the pay of Big Pharma aren't they? Treating easily preventable diseases nets them much more money than preventing them.

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:57 - Apr 25 with 7512 viewsStokieBlue

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:52 - Apr 25 by Harry_Palmer

Post it then as I've not seen it. Last time you posted a woo "doctor" who is totally discredited. That's not evidence, it's nonsense.

You're going to have to provide evidence that those things are in the vaccines in any kind of amounts that cause a toxicological response (because they aren't). Stating vaccines have poisons in them is dishonest. When did MSG become a poison? You need to have vast quantities of it to do anything at all.

What? You can't claim someone isn't protected then shift it on them to produce evidence that they are. What a ridiculous position to take.

"and i'm not just talking about vague statistical data that ignores all other possible variables and factors."

Statistics is the basis of nearly all scientific study. To dismiss it for "other possible variables and factors" is also ridiculous. What variables and factors?

SB

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:59 - Apr 25 with 7505 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:57 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

In the pay of Big Pharma aren't they? Treating easily preventable diseases nets them much more money than preventing them.

That makes my head hurt! Nice twist

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:00 - Apr 25 with 7507 viewsBlueBadger

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:57 - Apr 25 by StokieBlue

Post it then as I've not seen it. Last time you posted a woo "doctor" who is totally discredited. That's not evidence, it's nonsense.

You're going to have to provide evidence that those things are in the vaccines in any kind of amounts that cause a toxicological response (because they aren't). Stating vaccines have poisons in them is dishonest. When did MSG become a poison? You need to have vast quantities of it to do anything at all.

What? You can't claim someone isn't protected then shift it on them to produce evidence that they are. What a ridiculous position to take.

"and i'm not just talking about vague statistical data that ignores all other possible variables and factors."

Statistics is the basis of nearly all scientific study. To dismiss it for "other possible variables and factors" is also ridiculous. What variables and factors?

SB

I believe that what he was attempting there was a highly elaborate 'yeah well, you can prove anything with facts'.

Some really worrying numbers here on 11:10 - Apr 25 with 7473 viewsWeWereZombies

Some really worrying numbers here on 10:57 - Apr 25 by BlueBadger

Also a historical attitude towards immunisation that it 'goes against the will of God' or something, in Victorian times there actually had to be prosecutions to make people comply with treatment to prevent epidemics. Unfortunately a bit of family tree research unearthed one such case of an ancestor being summoned before the beak in Ipswich because he refused to be inoculated. A bit further afield there was a good case of someone who ignored health warnings, nice lady:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024