Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are Leeds near the top 19:29 - May 5 with 4741 viewsgazzer1999

I know we have ended up where we have, but lets be honest Leeds were really poor. Just like the budgies when we played them very poor. If you get out of this league you need a miracle to survive in the premier if you're a small club. They do happen but if you don't fail the first year you will eventually succumb.
How are Leeds near the top on 19:44 - May 5 with 4685 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

How are Leeds near the top on 19:47 - May 5 with 4668 viewsFtnfwest

You definitely need to start by being able to pronounce the name of the team you’re playing
How are Leeds near the top on 19:58 - May 5 with 4617 viewsTractorWood

How are Leeds near the top on 19:47 - May 5 by Ftnfwest

You definitely need to start by being able to pronounce the name of the team you’re playing

Imagine losing to a team you can't pronounce. No wonder they've fallen apart as per usual.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

How are Leeds near the top on 20:01 - May 5 with 4587 viewsSuperblue95

Leeds are only a small club if you’re under 15 and have no knowledge of football before your life time

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

How are Leeds near the top on 20:04 - May 5 with 4571 viewsJ2BLUE

Why would they come here all guns blazing? They have bigger fish to fry. They were probably trying to avoid suspensions and injuries more than anything.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How are Leeds near the top on 21:39 - May 5 with 4326 viewsbluejacko

How are Leeds near the top on 20:04 - May 5 by J2BLUE

Why would they come here all guns blazing? They have bigger fish to fry. They were probably trying to avoid suspensions and injuries more than anything.

Oh yeah they were definitely not trying were they?😂
How are Leeds near the top on 21:55 - May 5 with 4269 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Leeds had nothing to play for today. Bamford was missing. They could have won if they had scored a penalty and not given us the final goal. Often teams near the top feel the pressure at the end of the season. Nodge had a poor run until the last couple too.

I would enjoy the Dozzell goal and the fact we won rather than worry too much about Leeds.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How are Leeds near the top on 22:07 - May 5 with 4252 viewsBryanPlug

How are Leeds near the top on 20:04 - May 5 by J2BLUE

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

How are Leeds near the top on 22:55 - May 5 with 4106 viewswarkthisway

They didn’t need to win

bentnkuqi

How are Leeds near the top on 23:36 - May 5 with 4021 viewsJ2BLUE

How are Leeds near the top on 21:39 - May 5 by bluejacko

Oh yeah they were definitely not trying were they?😂

That's not what I said.

Truly impaired.

How are Leeds near the top on 02:00 - May 6 with 3919 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Stats indicate the opposition had far more chances near goal than ourselves and well out in front for overall possession, but if you don't take those opportunities..

As others have put it they had nothing to feasibly shoot for today. Had an automatic promotion place been at stake and they were in contest with Sheffield United to take it, it would have been interesting to see what had occurred. Guess with little to aim for there were a clear devoid of trying, but as before statistics would suggest different.

Won the league in '92 but believe didn't record a single away win the following season, quite bizarre in retrospect. Under O'Leary they put together another fine team some 10 years after and reached the European Cup last four. Mark Viduka was a good player also.
How are Leeds near the top on 07:43 - May 6 with 3751 viewsbluejacko

How are Leeds near the top on 23:36 - May 5 by J2BLUE

That's not what I said.

Well what is it then? Not coming here with all guns blazing (not trying)or playing their best to win and coming up short.
Can’t really be both can it?
How are Leeds near the top on 08:50 - May 6 with 3656 viewschristiand

Their form is certainly a concern going into the play offs. Villa look strong favourites to me. However, the way Leeds United were playing at the beginning of season they did look like certainties for automatic promotion. They've got a job on their hands overcoming Derby County.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 12:41]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

How are Leeds near the top on 09:00 - May 6 with 3641 viewsEly_Blue

How are Leeds near the top on 22:55 - May 5 by warkthisway

They didn’t need to win

Well they did if West Brom had won, I think they would have much rather been facing Derby than Villa in the play offs that’s for sure

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

How are Leeds near the top on 09:10 - May 6 with 3625 viewsPJH

How are Leeds near the top on 08:50 - May 6 by christiand

Their form is certainly a concern going into the play offs. Villa look strong favourites to me. However, the way Leeds United were playing at the beginning of season they did look like certainties for automatic promotion. They've got a job on their hands overcoming Derby County.
[Post edited 6 May 2019 12:41]

Four games ago Leeds had automatic promotion in their own hands having a 3 point lead over Sheff U so what has happened since must have really dented their confidence.
Somehow they have got to lift themselves by next Saturday, I hope they beat Derby but I think whoever wins the Villa/WBA semi should end up in the Prem.
How are Leeds near the top on 12:06 - May 6 with 3491 viewsJ2BLUE

How are Leeds near the top on 07:43 - May 6 by bluejacko

Well what is it then? Not coming here with all guns blazing (not trying)or playing their best to win and coming up short.
Can’t really be both can it?

I don't think they were consciously trying not to win I just think at the back of their minds they might be slightly more concerned with the play offs than a dead rubber against us and might want to avoid injuries and suspensions. I'm not trying to take anything away from Town. I think that win will be huge going into next season and will have done them the world of good.

Truly impaired.

How are Leeds near the top on 12:10 - May 6 with 3467 viewsTractorWood

How are Leeds near the top on 12:06 - May 6 by J2BLUE

I don't think they were consciously trying not to win I just think at the back of their minds they might be slightly more concerned with the play offs than a dead rubber against us and might want to avoid injuries and suspensions. I'm not trying to take anything away from Town. I think that win will be huge going into next season and will have done them the world of good.

Agree. Yesterday proves that we can play good football and score goals against decent sides.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

How are Leeds near the top on 13:49 - May 6 with 3381 viewsWickets

How are Leeds near the top on 09:10 - May 6 by PJH

Four games ago Leeds had automatic promotion in their own hands having a 3 point lead over Sheff U so what has happened since must have really dented their confidence.
Somehow they have got to lift themselves by next Saturday, I hope they beat Derby but I think whoever wins the Villa/WBA semi should end up in the Prem.

Yes i agree my money has got to be on Villa .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024