Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened 15:51 - May 16 with 1620 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Zidane to Blackburn - Dalglish wanted him and it was pretty much all in place but Jack Walker decided they didn't need him because they had Tim Sherwood!

Lewandowski to Blackburn - His flight was cancelled because of the volcano that erupted in Iceland - I recall this one.

Maradona to Sheffield United - They couldn't quite agree a fee and so signed a team mate of his instead!

Essien to Burnley - Burnley refused to pay him more than £60 a week as an apprentice so he went to a French club instead.

Juninho to Villa - Atletico Madrid president was about to agree the deal, went into Hospital and the staff were too scared to agree it because he was so frequent in sacking people.

I wonder what ones we've been 'close' on. Obviously we could have had Gascoigne or Gullit. Crook and Kachloul are the ones that stick out the most. In Crooks case he did sign.

I wonder how close we really were on Batistuta! Lol.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 16:04 - May 16 with 1562 viewsEJP

Kevin Phillips.
Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 16:05 - May 16 with 1562 viewsJackSted

Batistuta

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 16:06 - May 16 with 1550 viewschicoazul

We nearly signed Ross Mcormack but Keane didnt like the fact his GF had her dog in a bag.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 16:09 - May 16 with 1532 viewsHerbivore

Charlie Austin.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 16:12 - May 16 with 1519 viewsfactual_blue

Ray Wilkins. Pat Jennings.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 17:00 - May 16 with 1454 viewsPhilTWTD

We were the first professional club to look at John Barnes. One of the few ones that got away under Bobby Robson was Gary Stevens, who came back to bit us on the bum by scoring a winner for Brighton down here not too long after he'd been released.

Someone Australia-based on here recommended Mat Ryan to the club some while before he got a move to Europe. One of our Norwegian fans similarly sent a recommendation regarding Morten Gamst Pedersen when he was a youngster coming through in Norway.

David Bentley played a few games for academy sides on trial. Harry Arter had a trial here after he was released by Charlton.
Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 17:08 - May 16 with 1420 viewsbluebud

..I don't think there's many transfers that have happened at all in recent years
Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 18:53 - May 16 with 1286 viewsTrequartista

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 17:00 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

We were the first professional club to look at John Barnes. One of the few ones that got away under Bobby Robson was Gary Stevens, who came back to bit us on the bum by scoring a winner for Brighton down here not too long after he'd been released.

Someone Australia-based on here recommended Mat Ryan to the club some while before he got a move to Europe. One of our Norwegian fans similarly sent a recommendation regarding Morten Gamst Pedersen when he was a youngster coming through in Norway.

David Bentley played a few games for academy sides on trial. Harry Arter had a trial here after he was released by Charlton.

Not sure Gary Stevens would have got in our side at that time.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 01:34 - May 17 with 1119 viewsbournemouthblue

Just read a fascinating articles about transfers that almost happened on 17:00 - May 16 by PhilTWTD

I always liked Harry Arter, he seemed to be one of the key parts to that Bournemouth side who played some very good stuff whilst working their way through the Championship and beyond

Didn't David Bentley get done for speeding, having turned up at Ipswich when he had signed for Norwich and then gunned it to Norwich because he was late? Wishful thinking Mr Bentley

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024