Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3-2 against a Bundesliga side... 16:14 - Jul 6 with 2186 viewsunstableblue

With no Norwood and Judge... happy with that

Good that Jackson got a goal.

Bring on the next game.

Don’t mind one up front as long as we flood players forward around him.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 16:38 - Jul 6 with 2024 viewsatlanticblue

Good to start the season off with a defeat 😩😉
3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 16:41 - Jul 6 with 2004 viewscatch74

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 16:38 - Jul 6 by atlanticblue

Good to start the season off with a defeat 😩😉

Yep, 3 crucial points dropped there.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 17:02 - Jul 6 with 1864 viewsBlueBadger

Good to see we've started the season with an Improved Performance...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 17:37 - Jul 6 with 1753 viewsfactual_blue

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 16:41 - Jul 6 by catch74

Yep, 3 crucial points dropped there.

Lambert Out.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 18:06 - Jul 6 with 1684 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think the one up front depends very much on who it is and the tactics employed.

Norwood will probably be most suited to the role. Others probably need a lot more support from midfield.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 19:01 - Jul 6 with 1605 viewsVaughan8

The most worrying part of the report is

"Jackson took his penalty well, however, as in the first period it was difficult to see from where Town might score"

Seriously need some more attacking options. Ok Norwood wasn't playing but he can't do it all himself. And I know Roberts and Jackson scored, which is good but that sentence tells me there wasn't many chances. Maybe it's the creators we are lacking then? Who knows!
3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 19:20 - Jul 6 with 1578 viewsMrTown

3-0 down within the first half is a terrible start regardless, but the boys got it together and credit to them for fighting back. Never really too much into results in pre season, too many changes, no jelling of players.

Huws 45 minutes is massive. No Norwood, no Judge, no Sears, no Edwards, no Nolan. We’re absolutely fine going forward, really really need to sort the back out though, solidify players to positions.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 19:46 - Jul 6 with 1538 viewsJ2BLUE

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 19:01 - Jul 6 by Vaughan8

The most worrying part of the report is

"Jackson took his penalty well, however, as in the first period it was difficult to see from where Town might score"

Seriously need some more attacking options. Ok Norwood wasn't playing but he can't do it all himself. And I know Roberts and Jackson scored, which is good but that sentence tells me there wasn't many chances. Maybe it's the creators we are lacking then? Who knows!

Yea seriously worrying with a random team selection in the first pre season fitness game against a side much better than any we'll have to play.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... (n/t) on 21:13 - Jul 6 with 1412 viewsVaughan8

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 19:46 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

Yea seriously worrying with a random team selection in the first pre season fitness game against a side much better than any we'll have to play.

Yeah ok
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 21:19]
3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 21:18 - Jul 6 with 1388 viewsActionMan

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 19:46 - Jul 6 by J2BLUE

These were all points made on here last season though and the bad form carried into the league.

Some have said we faced their weakest players today, some not even being full time? Any truth to that? If we were 3-0 to the local bank manager and a few U18's then I might start to worry a bit. If it's their first team then i'd expect them to be better than us anyway and thus 3-2 not a bad result.
3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 22:10 - Jul 6 with 1331 viewslinhdi

3-2 against a Bundesliga side... on 21:18 - Jul 6 by ActionMan

These were all points made on here last season though and the bad form carried into the league.

Some have said we faced their weakest players today, some not even being full time? Any truth to that? If we were 3-0 to the local bank manager and a few U18's then I might start to worry a bit. If it's their first team then i'd expect them to be better than us anyway and thus 3-2 not a bad result.

Their first half side was pretty good - moved the ball like a Premier League side, and we were blown away. We won the second half by scoreline, and deserved it - we were simply better. It seems they had two mix-and-match sides too btw.

I felt that Lambert wanted the 2nd half team to show a lot more sharpness and close the ball better. They did. It helped that the temperature had dropped 3-4 degrees and sun gone in by then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024