Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday 09:30 - Aug 19 with 2190 viewsGeoffSentence

It is being reported as 'up to 250 fans' involved in a 'huge disturbance'.

In reality there were about 15 or so on the platform and probably a similar amount on the train getting all worked up and the two sets of protagonists never met.

I reckon they are counting every one of us on the train as 'being involved'

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 09:31 - Aug 19 with 2171 viewsSpruceMoose

Only takes a small number of numbskulls to trash a reputation sadly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 09:33 - Aug 19 with 2165 viewsfactual_blue

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 09:31 - Aug 19 by SpruceMoose

Only takes a small number of numbskulls to trash a reputation sadly.

When people start asking about pubs that are open at 8.00am, they are self-identifying as numbskulls.

I bet they love 'spoons and dim martin.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 10:07 - Aug 19 with 2014 viewsnoggin

Which media outlet? I haven't seen anything.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 10:11 - Aug 19 with 1987 viewsGeoffSentence

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 10:07 - Aug 19 by noggin

Which media outlet? I haven't seen anything.

The Sun, Heart, EDP all quoting 250 fans involved.

Although I figure they have taken this from the British Transport Police

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 10:59 - Aug 19 with 1803 viewsmarkbrennansghost

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 10:11 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

I cannot believe the actual British transport police have released that figure. Ridiculous!
I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:44 - Aug 19 with 1481 viewsglasso

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 10:11 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

So you blame the media for exaggerating it then link directly to the official source that the media is reporting?

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:46 - Aug 19 with 1451 viewsGeoffSentence

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:44 - Aug 19 by glasso

So you blame the media for exaggerating it then link directly to the official source that the media is reporting?

That is a fair point. I had not seen the post from the BTP at the time of the OP.

Indeed it is the BTP who are guilty of exaggeration, the media are simply guilty of taking their statement at face value and without checking it.

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:47 - Aug 19 with 1441 viewsDarth_Koont

I suppose from their local crowd control perspective there were 250 involved.

But agreed that from the non-police perspective it does seem to suggest a huge bunfight.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:51 - Aug 19 with 1414 viewsSouperJim

Unfortunately it only takes a bit of handbags and once the police get involved, the media will jump all over it. Not a great week for the reputation of our fans, what with the idiotic songs from a minority at Luton.

Some will see all of this as just banter between fans and part of football, the trouble is it doesn't take much these days to draw unwanted attention which ultimately can be very damaging for the club. Some of our fans need to grow up a bit and be aware of the bigger picture. It's stuff like this that perpetuates the likes of Sunday lunchtime derby games that everyone complains about, continued resistance to the introduction of safe standing etc.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:51 - Aug 19 with 1409 viewsglasso

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:46 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

That is a fair point. I had not seen the post from the BTP at the time of the OP.

Indeed it is the BTP who are guilty of exaggeration, the media are simply guilty of taking their statement at face value and without checking it.

How exactly does the media go about checking it?! Surely there has to be some kind of trust in official statements, or else it'd take five days to get enough info to stick a brief news report in...
I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:53 - Aug 19 with 1388 viewsLRB84UK

I can confirm I was on the train and very much not involved, so they can knock the number down by 1 for a start! Seemed very unfair to us that all the blame is being put on the town fans when we certainly didn't start it! Next year itll be a 12 kick off on a sunday like norwich if we meet again.
I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:56 - Aug 19 with 1362 viewsGeoffSentence

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 14:47 - Aug 19 by Darth_Koont

I suppose from their local crowd control perspective there were 250 involved.

But agreed that from the non-police perspective it does seem to suggest a huge bunfight.

From a crowd control point of view virtually everyone was sitting quietly on the train and taking no active part at all.

The police did have a difficult and dangerous job to do, but they seem to be milking it a bit

I see the media are exaggerating the problems at Peterborough yesterday on 15:03 - Aug 19 with 1300 viewsRadlett_blue

Perhaps all future Peterborough - Town games should be 12:00 kick offs on Sunday?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024