Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Roberts 16:24 - Oct 24 with 2648 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

A lad who can hold his own physically and put himself about.

Is he completely out of the picture now? Or is that ankle injury he picked up against Gillingham more serious than it appeared? I feel a bit sorry for him, works his socks off.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Jordan Roberts on 16:25 - Oct 24 with 2635 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

I'd imagine he will come back into the thinking soon once fit if Keane doesn't step up.

Keane is supposedly close to full fitness but looks a mile off anything we saw last season. He looked like a player playing his first pre-season match last night in a match full of people mid-season.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Jordan Roberts on 16:31 - Oct 24 with 2611 viewsmidastouch

Based on the last 2 performances then he deserves to be in the running at least. However, he has always tended to struggle for goals playing for us. He got two in the Leasing Trophy game against Spurs U23s but they were put on a plate for him by Dobra and he had actually missed some easy chances in the first half. That said, I can't fault his commitment, attitude and effort. You could make the argument after last night could he really do any worse? For example, Keane was nowhere last night!

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Jordan Roberts on 16:37 - Oct 24 with 2581 viewshomer_123

What we need more of is squad rotation right now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jordan Roberts on 19:48 - Oct 24 with 2415 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If Jordan Roberts is the answer we are in big big trouble.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Jordan Roberts on 20:06 - Oct 24 with 2373 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jordan Roberts on 20:19 - Oct 24 with 2343 views44_not_out

Good grief..... we’ve had a blip and lost a couple games, but still level on points at the top with a game in hand.

If Jordan Roberts is seen as a saviour, we are in huge trouble.

Chill out and stop worrying so much. It’ll be fine!
Jordan Roberts on 21:13 - Oct 24 with 2273 viewsjas0999

Roberts is a below average player. Nowhere near good enough.
Jordan Roberts on 22:16 - Oct 24 with 2209 viewsVaughan8

Does seem strange he doesn’t even make the bench. Reports in those elf trophy games suggest he did ok and score a few goals.

He couldn’t have done much worse than some players over the last 2 games......
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Roberts on 08:13 - Oct 25 with 2020 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Jordan Roberts on 20:06 - Oct 24 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I'm not saying he is of the quality to fire us up, I think those ahead of him bring more quality. However, what I saw Sunday and Wednesday from Jackson/Judge and Jackson/Keane in terms of pressing from the front and closing the defenders down was too easy for me and not enough to stop the forward ball.

It seems when Norwood doesn't play we lose all physicality up top and our work rate is lower.

Just an option, I like the lad for his work off the ball, and I feel sorry for him as his attitude seems spot on.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Jordan Roberts on 08:19 - Oct 25 with 2012 viewsbournemouthblue

Jordan Roberts on 08:13 - Oct 25 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I'm not saying he is of the quality to fire us up, I think those ahead of him bring more quality. However, what I saw Sunday and Wednesday from Jackson/Judge and Jackson/Keane in terms of pressing from the front and closing the defenders down was too easy for me and not enough to stop the forward ball.

It seems when Norwood doesn't play we lose all physicality up top and our work rate is lower.

Just an option, I like the lad for his work off the ball, and I feel sorry for him as his attitude seems spot on.

By the same logic, we should bring Nsiala back in to deal with these bigger physical sides

Really that should be his job for us but whether he will get much more of a chance after Accrington remains to be seen

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Jordan Roberts on 08:24 - Oct 25 with 1998 viewsitfcjoe

Jordan Roberts on 08:13 - Oct 25 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I definitely think on Sunday he should have been considered - if we want to play 2 up top and Keane or Norwood weren't fit then he is a much better option than Judge alongside Jackson

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jordan Roberts on 09:11 - Oct 25 with 1952 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Jordan Roberts on 08:24 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

I definitely think on Sunday he should have been considered - if we want to play 2 up top and Keane or Norwood weren't fit then he is a much better option than Judge alongside Jackson

I'd consider him tomorrow. I would like to see Roberts/Norwood together. I think they'd set a high tempo that would encourage those behind be half a yard quicker to the man about to receive the ball.

I'd go back to 4-4-2 with the wide men in. Georgiou on the left, Rowe/Edwards on the right. I think teams have started to nail down on KVY/Garbutt as wide threats in a 3-5-2, so let's put an extra man on each flank as no disrespect to Southend, I doubt they have the quality to hurt us down the spine of the team.

Jordan Roberts on 19:24 - Oct 26 with 1757 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Jordan Roberts on 08:24 - Oct 25 by itfcjoe

Judge is a class player just not at the top of his game right now. He's still lightyears ahead of Roberts.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024