Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Brexit election 08:13 - Dec 13 with 1095 viewsitfcjoe

Sees more than 50% of voters vote for Remain or 2nd Ref backing parties.......and lose massively.

Oh well, it's been fun in the EU - but the Tories always find a way to win.

At least a big enough majority to hopefully shock Labour into changing direction (although their self reflection seems to be lacking) and for them to get on with things and offer some stability.

Massive tactical errors saw us get to the place, but it's done now and the fightback has to start now.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Brexit election on 08:15 - Dec 13 with 1072 viewsBlueBadger

It's astonishing that the Dear Leader hasn't actually resigned yet. He's talking about remaining leader 'during a period of reflection'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50766114

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Brexit election on 08:17 - Dec 13 with 1063 viewstractordownsouth

The Brexit election on 08:15 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

It's astonishing that the Dear Leader hasn't actually resigned yet. He's talking about remaining leader 'during a period of reflection'.

Even if he tries to stay there will be a no confidence motion.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The Brexit election on 08:19 - Dec 13 with 1053 viewsfabian_illness

I’m not sure that Labour came out and clearly stated their position on Brexit.
Their answer was another referendum which was obviously an unknown.

Not sure that can be counted as a percentage of remain in any way.
The Brexit election on 08:20 - Dec 13 with 1045 viewsvapour_trail

You’ve gone a bit Chico.

What’s your nickname for Johnson?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The Brexit election on 08:20 - Dec 13 with 1037 viewsBlueBadger

The Brexit election on 08:20 - Dec 13 by vapour_trail

You’ve gone a bit Chico.

What’s your nickname for Johnson?

'That fat posh racist'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Brexit election on 08:23 - Dec 13 with 1026 viewslowhouseblue

he wants to stay to control the autopsy and make sure that he's replaced by a corbyn clone. he neds to ensure that his hugely popular policies can continue without him. seriously, that's where we now are.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Brexit election on 08:24 - Dec 13 with 1013 viewstractordownsouth

Yep, it shows that actually Brexit is roughly a 50/50 split again. My constituency is the last to declare but last time it was a Tory majority of 312 but Labour took 7,000 votes. Yet they won't ever stand aside, and give the Tory a lifeline. it's madness.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

The Brexit election on 08:33 - Dec 13 with 990 viewsPinewoodblue

Jeremy Corbyn will be 75 by the time of the next election, all he has said is he won’t be leader then. He needs to hang around long enough for Labour to decide where they go from here. The last thing Labour need is to rush into a new leadership battle.

There is a need to rethink strategy and the first step is to understand why they lost. Not talking about just personalities and policies but about a failure to get their traditional supporters to vote.

Take a look at turnout. Why was it lower in Ipswich than in Suffolk South. Why did fewer people vote in a marginal seat than in one where the result was never in doubt.

Putting all your effort into social media only works with those who use it. It does nothing for older Labour voters. I posted yesterday, on a thread started by Sitters, about how things were organised on a local level back in 1964, how you identified individual potential support and then did your utmost to ensure they voted.

Grassroots politics is the solution, and I don’t mean activists spouting on social media. Get off your keyboards and, next time, make a difference and start now.

It isn’t just an Ipswich problem, I’m in a hotel in Hinckley so have seen the local BBC news for Midlands. Newcastle -u- lymne has returned a Labour MP for 100 years. The Tories won it with a majority of 7,000
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 8:42]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

The Brexit election on 08:37 - Dec 13 with 950 viewsSteve_M

Yep, the Brexit election where, beyond soundbites, no-one wanted to talk about Brexit. Having Kier Starmer for example publicly pointing out why "Get Brexit done" was such a misleading claim might have shaped some votes.

Regardless of whether we are a member of the EU then we need to have a relationship with the global trading bloc in the immediate vicinity. The lack of honesty about the compromises and trade-offs any realignment, or indeed continued membership, entails has been the greatest failing of the last three years. The country can only move forwards if that honesty is forthcoming.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Brexit election on 08:38 - Dec 13 with 946 viewsvapour_trail

The Brexit election on 08:20 - Dec 13 by BlueBadger

'That fat posh racist'.

Good. You’ll be applying that consistently then.

The Brexit election on 08:41 - Dec 13 with 933 viewsDanTheMan

The Brexit election on 08:37 - Dec 13 by Steve_M

Yep, the Brexit election where, beyond soundbites, no-one wanted to talk about Brexit. Having Kier Starmer for example publicly pointing out why "Get Brexit done" was such a misleading claim might have shaped some votes.

Regardless of whether we are a member of the EU then we need to have a relationship with the global trading bloc in the immediate vicinity. The lack of honesty about the compromises and trade-offs any realignment, or indeed continued membership, entails has been the greatest failing of the last three years. The country can only move forwards if that honesty is forthcoming.

The silver lining here is that if anything goes wrong, there is nowhere left to turn now. No slim majority, over a decade in power. They have ultimate power.

If anything goes wrong, it's 100% on them. I hope it all goes right and I'm worrying about nothing but I still don't trust Boris, and god knows how he's going to pay for all the promises without raising taxes. Everything is at breaking point.

I'm saddened today. But this is what people apparently what so what can I do?

EDIT: For those who actually do want to do something, please join the Electoral Reform Society so everyone's voice is heard.

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/
[Post edited 13 Dec 2019 8:42]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The Brexit election on 08:43 - Dec 13 with 908 viewsvapour_trail

Collective failure all around for failing to coalesce against the tories.

You reap what you sew.

The Brexit election on 08:47 - Dec 13 with 890 viewsbluelagos

The Brexit election on 08:43 - Dec 13 by vapour_trail

Collective failure all around for failing to coalesce against the tories.

You reap what you sew.

A rainbow alliance was needed but failed to materialise.

Brexit supporters had 1 choice. Remainers had a few.

45% vs split remain parties = huge tory majority.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024