Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trimming the squad 13:44 - Jan 2 with 959 viewsGeoffSentence

There's been a bit of talk about what positions we should bring in new players, but in reality we should probably trim this flabby squad a bit rather than bringing in new faces.

Who do you think could go without causing major problems.

For me Norris, would like to see Pryzbek as backup to Holy
Nsiala - he has flopped this season
Edwards - I reckon Dobra or El Mizouni would do well enough in his place
Cotter - just dont see him making a go of right back.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Trimming the squad on 13:46 - Jan 2 with 944 viewsKieran_Knows

Donacien
Edwards
Rowe
Roberts
Nsiala

Would be quite happy to see them being moved on.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Trimming the squad on 13:47 - Jan 2 with 941 viewshomer_123

Nsiala
Cotter
Judge
Nolan
Wilson
Roberts
Drinan

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Trimming the squad on 13:52 - Jan 2 with 925 viewsBigManBlue

Norris, Nsiala, Kenlock (assuming we can replace), Roberts, Edwards, Judge for a decent offer, Rowe if we're persisting with WB's. There aren't many I think are indispensable though, which is probably why we're in the position we are.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Trimming the squad on 13:57 - Jan 2 with 901 viewsWD19

We have nearly 50 players listed in the squad. At least 30 of those would consider themselves genuine 1st team squad members.

A few are injured or on loan, but arguably we can afford to lose anywhere up to 10 from the 50 without making any difference to anything other than the wage bill.
Trimming the squad on 14:55 - Jan 2 with 839 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Trimming the squad on 13:47 - Jan 2 by homer_123

Nsiala
Cotter
Judge
Nolan
Wilson
Roberts
Drinan

That is ridiculous. Judge is going to be an important player. Nolan will likely figure a fair bribes well. and Wilson AND Nsiala. Would need to spend a fair bit and actually go out and sign people for reasonable fees to get better.

Nsiala is the only one of those to be poor and he has really just struggled to get up to the pace of things after being out. Did little wrong in the last game. If we can get a quality replacement I'd favour it but if not will.give him more of a chance.

Cotter I can understand. definitely something in Drinnan but might be best for all parties.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Trimming the squad on 15:01 - Jan 2 with 828 viewshomer_123

Trimming the squad on 14:55 - Jan 2 by Terry_Nutkins

That is ridiculous. Judge is going to be an important player. Nolan will likely figure a fair bribes well. and Wilson AND Nsiala. Would need to spend a fair bit and actually go out and sign people for reasonable fees to get better.

Nsiala is the only one of those to be poor and he has really just struggled to get up to the pace of things after being out. Did little wrong in the last game. If we can get a quality replacement I'd favour it but if not will.give him more of a chance.

Cotter I can understand. definitely something in Drinnan but might be best for all parties.

Judge is utterly wasted outwide and his best position is the one he played against Wycombe (same with Nolan) apart from a couple of chances he was mainly anonymous again - if we talking about freeing up wages and budget then Judge and Nolan haven't offered anything of note.

I'd rather we let Huws/ Bishop and Sears play then either of those two.

Wilson in a back three is useless - he's no good with the ball at all - he's a very basic defender. Nsiala is a nightmare and a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd also look to offload Edwards and Rowe is we are persisting with three at the back.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 15:09]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Trimming the squad on 15:04 - Jan 2 with 814 viewsusm

Norris
Cotter
Roberts
Dozzell
Drinan
Bart
Morris
Folami

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Trimming the squad on 15:22 - Jan 2 with 783 viewsrickw

Roberts - obviously
Nsiala - A liability
Rowe - Just not quite good enough to make an impact for us
Huws - Is already behind Skuse, Downes, Nolan, Dozzell, with Bishop coming back and El Miz, Hughes and McGavin coming through we can save money on his wages.
Norris - Is no better than Holy, so again cut his wages and rely on Przybek as cover
Bart - For same reason as above

Loan out Cotter, Morris, Folami

We need to sign a new D-C ideally quick, 6"6 and good on the ball! ;-P
Also I think if we could find an attacking right back to cover KVY who can also play as a wing back we could sell both Donacien and Edwards.
I would also like us to sign a big targetman, if we can then Keane could also leave

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

Trimming the squad on 15:40 - Jan 2 with 736 viewsHerbivore

Roberts
Nsiala
Judge

I'd probably let some of the youngsters go out on loan, especially the likes of Cotter and McGavin. If we aren't going to play Dobra and El Miz then let them get some experience elsewhere too.

Controversially, if anyone came in with a multi-million offer for Dozzell I'd be tempted to take it at this point. We've got stacks of players in CM and he's not really imposing himself. I don't see him fulfilling his potential here, League 1 isn't the league for him, arguably even the Championship is too physical. If a Prem side want to chuck some cash our way and take on his development the I'd be give that some serious thought.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trimming the squad on 15:40 - Jan 2 with 732 viewsNo9

Anyone over 28 - out
Trimming the squad on 15:59 - Jan 2 with 689 viewsHerbivore

Trimming the squad on 15:40 - Jan 2 by No9

Anyone over 28 - out

So you'd get rid of Chambers (our captain), Skuse (our vice captain), Wilson, Judge and Norwood (our top scorer)? What do you think the impact of that might be mid season? Why do you think it would benefit us to strip all the experience from our squad in January?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024