Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans Out! 21:19 - Feb 1 with 2756 viewsparkerd

How many more examples do you need to see that Evans has to go!
He picks the managers, he holds the purse strings. No Ambition, he must go!
Evans Out! on 21:22 - Feb 1 with 2737 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Evans Out! on 21:27 - Feb 1 with 2718 viewsArnieM

OP: off you go then , start a revolution, see if you can get him out , then find a buyer willing to stump up £100m+ for a 3rd tier Club . No? ...... thought not !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Evans Out! on 22:01 - Feb 1 with 2664 viewsOxford_Blue

Bored by this now.

Here’s how the conversation goes when Mr Buyer asks to see the books:

Evans: “so there are no assets and liabilities are about £18-30M in your first three years and on top of that you’ll need to fork out at least £10m on wages and transfer fees so that the numbskull contingent feel you are investing. But it won’t actually make any difference because to do that you’ll need to spend about £50m and even then you won’t be anywhere near competing with the big championship clubs. Oh and also you need to pay me a sum to take the club off my hands as I’ve myself spent £70m on it for no return, so call that £10M. So, yes, basically you need to pay £10m to me now, then up to £30M in the first three years plus say £20m on transfers, so that’s £60M cash. Oh, and no, you won’t make any money out of it and you’re stuck in league one right now and haven’t been in the premiership for nearly 20 years.”
Evans Out! on 22:27 - Feb 1 with 2619 viewsSwansea_Blue

Evans Out! on 21:22 - Feb 1 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

The naughty step.

I completely agree with the sentiment of the OP, but (and it’s a HUGE but)... you know that guy who’s been picking all these crap managers and overseen our demise to our worse position in 60 years? Well, he gets to pick the next owner.

What could possibly go wrong? 😬

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Evans Out! on 22:40 - Feb 1 with 2594 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out! on 22:27 - Feb 1 by Swansea_Blue

The naughty step.

I completely agree with the sentiment of the OP, but (and it’s a HUGE but)... you know that guy who’s been picking all these crap managers and overseen our demise to our worse position in 60 years? Well, he gets to pick the next owner.

What could possibly go wrong? 😬

Precisely when did the fans voice their desire for a different manager other than those appointed and why would that manager - if he existed - have done better?
Evans Out! on 03:54 - Feb 2 with 2522 viewsbraveblue

Evans Out! on 21:27 - Feb 1 by ArnieM

OP: off you go then , start a revolution, see if you can get him out , then find a buyer willing to stump up £100m+ for a 3rd tier Club . No? ...... thought not !

In business if you buy an asset and make a complete hash of it then you take a loss and sell it for what it is worth. He never paid that much. He bought the training ground for £1. The losses are totally different to actual money in. He can sell when he wants. Get him out. Look where we are after 10 years!!!!
Evans Out! on 05:55 - Feb 2 with 2464 viewsBlueAllOver

Evans Out! on 22:01 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Bored by this now.

Evans: “so there are no assets and liabilities are about £18-30M in your first three years and on top of that you’ll need to fork out at least £10m on wages and transfer fees so that the numbskull contingent feel you are investing. But it won’t actually make any difference because to do that you’ll need to spend about £50m and even then you won’t be anywhere near competing with the big championship clubs. Oh and also you need to pay me a sum to take the club off my hands as I’ve myself spent £70m on it for no return, so call that £10M. So, yes, basically you need to pay £10m to me now, then up to £30M in the first three years plus say £20m on transfers, so that’s £60M cash. Oh, and no, you won’t make any money out of it and you’re stuck in league one right now and haven’t been in the premiership for nearly 20 years.”

Just give up then is that the answer ?

Look at the massive clubs currently ahead of us in the league table, Never mind the championship and even premiership. Yet you accept incompetent owner and useless manager. Change is needed, Evans left it too late yet again with Lambert, 5 year contract, haha were clubs queuing at the door for him?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 5:56]
Evans Out! on 07:28 - Feb 2 with 2416 viewsblueconscience

Evans Out! on 21:27 - Feb 1 by ArnieM

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans Out! on 08:54 - Feb 2 with 2332 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out! on 05:55 - Feb 2 by BlueAllOver

Just give up then is that the answer ?

Look at the massive clubs currently ahead of us in the league table, Never mind the championship and even premiership. Yet you accept incompetent owner and useless manager. Change is needed, Evans left it too late yet again with Lambert, 5 year contract, haha were clubs queuing at the door for him?
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 5:56]

No, the answer is as I’ve given it - that no sane businessman would buy the club now. Hence why they haven’t and Evans can’t sell. Evans would be happy to get out but in the meantime is subsidising the losses. He’s spent around £60-70m cash already. He isn’t prepared or able to compete with the big spenders. Football has gone mad in terms of financial spending since he took over.

So, it’s not a question of giving up.
Evans Out! on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 2331 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans Out! on 22:01 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Bored by this now.

So the alternative is to continue the relentless decline under Evans then?

Once again it’s the “Where would we be without him” argument. In response to that I ask another question, where the hell will we end up with him? Nobody who supports Evans seems to want to answer that one!

His business model didn’t work in the Championship and it’s beginning to look as if it’s coming off the rails in League 1 as well. Just how much further are you prepared for us to fall, given that he has already brought us to our lowest level in more than sixty years, before saying enough is enough?
Evans Out! on 08:58 - Feb 2 with 2320 viewsVaughan8

These posts are stupid.

You want the owner out? Well who do you suggest is going to take over the club.

It isn't like a manager. You can't just swap an owner haha

These posts are just one step up on "We are out of Europe"
Evans Out! on 09:01 - Feb 2 with 2299 viewsstopmoaning

Evans Out! on 03:54 - Feb 2 by braveblue

In business if you buy an asset and make a complete hash of it then you take a loss and sell it for what it is worth. He never paid that much. He bought the training ground for £1. The losses are totally different to actual money in. He can sell when he wants. Get him out. Look where we are after 10 years!!!!

That's complete rubbish by the way.
Evans Out! on 09:22 - Feb 2 with 2280 viewstractorboy1978

Evans Out! on 03:54 - Feb 2 by braveblue

Even if he were to sell it for £1, the buyer would need to be willing to chuck £10m in a season to give it any remote chance of success. That's not an easy sell.
Evans Out! on 09:29 - Feb 2 with 2264 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out! on 09:22 - Feb 2 by tractorboy1978

Even if he were to sell it for £1, the buyer would need to be willing to chuck £10m in a season to give it any remote chance of success. That's not an easy sell.

Yes that’s the point.

Most businessmen acquire new businesses to make money, or at least have a good chance to make money, not to be guaranteed to lose £18-30M over the first three years, plus whatever else is invested for players and wages. Then not be able to offload the business when they want to exit but be stuck with it - like Evans.

I’m not sure what the club would be valued at. It has the training ground, some half decent young players and also season ticket sales plus the goodwill value of the club. Evans would want something back for the money he’s lost and technically this is debt the club owes so Evans could insist on at least some of it being paid.

I’m guessing but if he was offered £15M - £20M he’d take it.

So the cash costs of acquiring the club in years 1-3 alone are considerable. All to own a club that bleeds you dry and is in league one.
Evans Out! on 09:29 - Feb 2 with 2264 viewsCoastalblue

I don't think many, if any disagree that a shiny new owner, with a shiny new chequebook (do they still have them?) and a shiny new outlook would be a massive positive.

There's the little matter of getting from point A to point B that is the stumbling block though.

It's all very well shouting Evans out, but nobody offers anything beyond that. What's the plan?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Evans Out! on 09:36 - Feb 2 with 2250 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out! on 09:29 - Feb 2 by Coastalblue

I don't think many, if any disagree that a shiny new owner, with a shiny new chequebook (do they still have them?) and a shiny new outlook would be a massive positive.

There's the little matter of getting from point A to point B that is the stumbling block though.

It's all very well shouting Evans out, but nobody offers anything beyond that. What's the plan?

No businessman would want to acquire a business that has few assets, is guaranteed to lose them tens of millions in years 1-3 alone (let alone the future) with prospects of a return on the investment being tiny (promotion to the Prem).

Owning football clubs now with a view to premiership status is a game for the Uber wealthy who have cash available. Evans is worth a lot, but I doubt he has the cash available.
Evans Out! on 09:44 - Feb 2 with 2223 viewsCoastalblue

Evans Out! on 09:36 - Feb 2 by Oxford_Blue

No businessman would want to acquire a business that has few assets, is guaranteed to lose them tens of millions in years 1-3 alone (let alone the future) with prospects of a return on the investment being tiny (promotion to the Prem).

Owning football clubs now with a view to premiership status is a game for the Uber wealthy who have cash available. Evans is worth a lot, but I doubt he has the cash available.

Oh I agree, I would imagine anybody looking to invest now would have to budget for somewhere in the region of £30-50M over the next five years just to stand still, and that's if Evans gave them them the club for nothing.

I totally understand that a more savvy owner, or one willing to employ somebody to run the club that understands how things work could a achieve a lot more for the same investment, but finding someone like that who is both smart enough to do the right things and stupid enough to put their money in is where the challenge lies.

Evans is totally trapped, I doubt he can sell though I suspect he'd want to if he could. I think he probably still cares enough not to want to sell us down the river, which could happen, but he doesn't have the wealth to actually make us competitive.

The one thing that has always baffled me about him is that he has never made that true experienced footballing figurehead appointment, someone as a Director Of Football I guess. It's what we've been crying out for.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Evans Out! on 10:41 - Feb 2 with 2170 viewsOxford_Blue

Evans Out! on 09:44 - Feb 2 by Coastalblue

Oh I agree, I would imagine anybody looking to invest now would have to budget for somewhere in the region of £30-50M over the next five years just to stand still, and that's if Evans gave them them the club for nothing.

I totally understand that a more savvy owner, or one willing to employ somebody to run the club that understands how things work could a achieve a lot more for the same investment, but finding someone like that who is both smart enough to do the right things and stupid enough to put their money in is where the challenge lies.

Evans is totally trapped, I doubt he can sell though I suspect he'd want to if he could. I think he probably still cares enough not to want to sell us down the river, which could happen, but he doesn't have the wealth to actually make us competitive.

The one thing that has always baffled me about him is that he has never made that true experienced footballing figurehead appointment, someone as a Director Of Football I guess. It's what we've been crying out for.

Agreed.

I’m not sure if DoF would have solved our problems. Plenty of clubs have this role and still struggle. We have a General Manager who has good knowledge of the game - he’s been head of the youth academy for a while. It hasn’t helped.

Evans has appointed managers who, at the time, were backed by most of the fan base. Some were younger and unproven (Magilton, Hurst) but they fans wanted that. Others were big names who had got promotion previously (Keane). Others were steady hands (PJ, MM and to some extent PL with experience behind them). Evans has tried all combinations. They all failed him, including some who were given the luxury of (then) a lot of money. MM over achieved with less and I think this made Evans think that throwing money at the problem wasn’t necessary. It’s pure hindsight to say he appointed the wrong managers. Nothing is guaranteed in football. But the biggest mistake he made was in January 2015 when we were second, and should have brought in a few players that window to exploit the success. We didn’t, Bournemouth did, now look at us.

It’s pointless calling for Evans to go, because unless a buyer can be found the meaning of Evans going means he stops funding, the club will then default on its debts and liabilities quickly, then go into administration again, get relegated to league 2, lose all its remaining players, and unless it can plug a £6-10m funding hole, could go under. So the present situation however difficult is far better than the alternative.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 10:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024