Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... 14:28 - Mar 4 with 1526 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lambert With Culverhouse

Wycombe Wanderers - Very Good
Colchester United - Very Good
Norwich City - Outstanding
Aston Villa - Reasonable

Culverhouse sacked by Villa for off the field issues

Lambert Without Culverhouse

Aston Villa - Very Poor
Wolves - Poor
Stoke City - Poor
Ipswich Town - Abysmal

It's almost like Culverhouse was the brains behind everything. It's pretty hard in fact based on the above to argue that he wasn't!

Then you consider the following:

Culverhouse as manager

Kings Lynn - Outstanding (on brink of Conference National!)

He got them to 2nd, lost a play off final, left briefly, came back, won promotion and they are now about to win promotion again!

In fact (shudder) next season we will likely be two divisions above King's Lynn! A team I used to bloody play against!!!
[Post edited 4 Mar 2020 14:32]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:32 - Mar 4 with 1466 viewsChrisd

One of those scenarios where they work better together as a pair?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:33 - Mar 4 with 1444 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would sack Taylor and bring Culverhouse. Evidence suggest Culverhouse is the tactical brains behind Lambert, but it isn't the first time it has been said.

Lambert would be too proud to go back crawling to Culverhouse with his tail between his leg.

Get rid of arm waving Taylor though, does my head in. Spends more time looking at the fourth official than the pitch.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:35 - Mar 4 with 1430 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agree, but...

You would think that if there was any potential for the partnership to be brought back together, it would have happened by now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:36 - Mar 4 with 1443 viewsitfcjoe

I spoke to the family of someone who has played under Culverhouse, and has previously worked under Lambert (without IC) and they were full of praise for IC, and don't really have a good word to say about PL

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:39 - Mar 4 with 1402 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:36 - Mar 4 by itfcjoe

I spoke to the family of someone who has played under Culverhouse, and has previously worked under Lambert (without IC) and they were full of praise for IC, and don't really have a good word to say about PL

My scum supporting mate reckons Culverhouse did the training and was largely the tactician and Lambert was the face of the club,.

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:54 - Mar 4 with 1316 viewsitfc_bucks

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:39 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

My scum supporting mate reckons Culverhouse did the training and was largely the tactician and Lambert was the face of the club,.

The PR, if you will?
Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:58 - Mar 4 with 1302 viewsStNeotsBlue

Let's not carried away here, it's only bloody Kings Lynn. They have by far the biggest budget in their division so should be doing the business.
Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 15:00 - Mar 4 with 1283 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:58 - Mar 4 by StNeotsBlue

Let's not carried away here, it's only bloody Kings Lynn. They have by far the biggest budget in their division so should be doing the business.

There's a problem with that statement.

We have the biggest budget in our division so should be doing the business.

However …..

Login to get fewer ads

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 15:01 - Mar 4 with 1284 viewsbournemouthblue

That is the general line of thinking

I assume Culverhouse is the tactician among them, Lambert is the motivator

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 16:53 - Mar 4 with 1118 viewshadleighboyblue

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:58 - Mar 4 by StNeotsBlue

Fair enough , but it does say a lot about Lambert's strengths and weaknesses .

He might be good at the PR as we saw last season , but he's rubbish at tactics and coaching , maybe partly because he now has Taylor and not Culverhouse to assist him .

A lot of managers rely on their assistant to do the real nitty gritty , let's be honest , Lambert and his assistant have really ballsed it up
Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 16:59 - Mar 4 with 1096 viewsHARRY10

There weren't any 'issues' whatever they are

it was a simple case of Culverhouse's bullying behaviour

whilst the early relationship worked plus Karza (?) it should be asked why they did not team up again

and it should be understood that our problems run deeper than simply a change of manager - remove Lambert and we would pretty much have to start all over again in rebuilding the club - and if the post about the cost cutting to the youth system is correct (no reason for doubt) then we are just whistling in the dark if we think that the one change of personal is the answer
Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 17:12 - Mar 4 with 1055 viewsbackwaywhen

Ian Culverhouse - I know it's been said before but ... on 14:39 - Mar 4 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Correct ... every Nodge fan I know back that up and were dreading him linking up again with us , he put the jigsaw together for Nodge and help him make tactical changes during the game !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024