Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket instalments 14:12 - Apr 16 with 1578 viewsalmostblue

Ok, so it’s only a few quid, but season ticket holders, however they paid, have now parted with their money for matches which almost certainly they won’t be allowed to attend. I know it’s not for certain, and it may still happen, but we’re being kept in the dark as to what recompense we may get, if any. Does anyone know if the club has made any public noises about this? Right now there may be some fans who could do with the money.
Season ticket instalments on 14:21 - Apr 16 with 1541 viewsxrayspecs

Suspect the club are as much in the dark on this as us. Not sure this is the time to be thinking about compensation either.
Season ticket instalments on 14:22 - Apr 16 with 1535 viewsBrixtonBlue

Whilst I don't need the money myself and am happy for the club to have it in order to keep going, I totally appreciate the dire straits others are in, and paying for something they aren't getting must be hard to justify in their own heads and to their families. The club do need to make a statement on this.

Just to add - I've cancelled my membership of the gym for obvious reasons. I can't go there, so why would I keep paying for the service? The only real difference is I don't have any emotional attachment to Everyone Active.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2020 14:25]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Season ticket instalments on 14:23 - Apr 16 with 1531 viewsBLUEBEAT

Free online streaming would be OK with me

Poll: W or W

Season ticket instalments on 15:36 - Apr 16 with 1439 viewsPhilTWTD

Season ticket instalments on 14:21 - Apr 16 by xrayspecs

Suspect the club are as much in the dark on this as us. Not sure this is the time to be thinking about compensation either.

That is essentially the case, they are waiting to see what develops and what they're told by the EFL. Clubs are currently being told the treat the situation as if games are going to be played.

Town Delay Season Ticket Launch 1st Apr 2020 14:12
Town have announced that they are delaying the launch of their season ticket pricing for 2020/21 until after decisions are made on the fate of the 2019/20 campaign. 8

Season ticket instalments on 20:09 - Apr 16 with 1331 viewsalmostblue

Thanks for the comments, Phil especially. My concern was more that the club haven’t made any statement about this, whilst they have been happily emailing special offers from the club shop. It would simply be good PR if they acknowledged that fans have paid in advance, and they will address the issue when they know more.
Season ticket instalments on 20:44 - Apr 16 with 1306 viewstextbackup

Season ticket instalments on 20:09 - Apr 16 by almostblue

Thanks for the comments, Phil especially. My concern was more that the club haven’t made any statement about this, whilst they have been happily emailing special offers from the club shop. It would simply be good PR if they acknowledged that fans have paid in advance, and they will address the issue when they know more.

have any club, in all the leagues, made a statement on this?

we normally join the party late on everything we do, so i'd not expect to lead from the front on this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Season ticket instalments on 20:56 - Apr 16 with 1292 viewsPhilTWTD

Season ticket instalments on 20:09 - Apr 16 by almostblue

From what I gather they're not far off putting something further out re season ticket plans.
I've heard that Norwich are..... on 21:29 - Apr 16 with 1255 viewsBloots

….going to furlough their fans and ask the tax payers to buy their season tickets for them.

Probably.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket instalments on 21:52 - Apr 16 with 1227 viewsJ2BLUE

Season ticket instalments on 20:56 - Apr 16 by PhilTWTD

From what I gather they're not far off putting something further out re season ticket plans.

There's nothing stopping people cancelling STs/direct debits for next season at the moment is there?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Season ticket instalments on 21:54 - Apr 16 with 1220 viewsPhilTWTD

Season ticket instalments on 21:52 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

There's nothing stopping people cancelling STs/direct debits for next season at the moment is there?

No, assume that's still doable but obviously not particularly helpful for the club given the current situation.

[Edit] Assumed you meant this season's last payment.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Season ticket instalments on 21:55 - Apr 16 with 1217 viewstextbackup

Season ticket instalments on 21:52 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

prices haven't even been released, so who would anyone know what theyd be paying?

unless you mean the final DD for this season, due in may

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Season ticket instalments on 21:57 - Apr 16 with 1210 viewsJ2BLUE

Season ticket instalments on 21:55 - Apr 16 by textbackup

prices haven't even been released, so who would anyone know what theyd be paying?

unless you mean the final DD for this season, due in may

The final DD for this season has been taken hasn't it?

Truly impaired.

Season ticket instalments on 22:10 - Apr 16 with 1176 viewsxrayspecs

Season ticket instalments on 21:57 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

The final DD for this season has been taken hasn't it?

Yes
Season ticket instalments on 08:22 - Apr 17 with 1066 viewsTractorWood

Season ticket instalments on 21:54 - Apr 16 by PhilTWTD

No, assume that's still doable but obviously not particularly helpful for the club given the current situation.

[Edit] Assumed you meant this season's last payment.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Communication has been poor. There was an email about a week or two before the final DD that said please call and email about season tickets and refunds. The email address bounced bad and the the phone line never allowed you to get through after multiple attempts of 20 minutes. Felt pretty disingenuous.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 8:23]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Season ticket instalments on 14:06 - Apr 19 with 944 viewsJ2BLUE

Season ticket instalments on 08:22 - Apr 17 by TractorWood

Communication has been poor. There was an email about a week or two before the final DD that said please call and email about season tickets and refunds. The email address bounced bad and the the phone line never allowed you to get through after multiple attempts of 20 minutes. Felt pretty disingenuous.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2020 8:23]

Stupid question, but if the club don't say anything before May 1st and people don't cancel direct debits won't they take another payment?

Thinking mainly of those who didn't plan to renew.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024