Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think this shows how little we really know about C19 16:21 - Apr 15 with 1046 viewsStokieBlue

Basically, they just don't know. There has been no time to research and no time to do checks on discharged patients.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-10/coronavirus-infection-can-do-la

What it does show is that people do need to take it seriously, which thankfully, most are now.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:26 - Apr 15 with 1021 viewsGuthrum

I'd heard some noises about this fairly early on. Do wonder if we're going to end up with a situation like the Victorian era, were many families had a sickly/bedridden member (often elderly aunts) due to long-term health issues.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:32 - Apr 15 with 988 viewshomer_123

I think the majority are SB yes.

Sadly, on my outing today to stretch my legs and get some exercise, not everyone seems to be. I lost count of the how many groups of 'teenagers' there were.

It's got to be really hard on them, I know and I get it. But there were three teenage couples and they were clearly not brother and sister and one group of 5 who again, based on the conversations being had, were not family and/ or living together.

In the scheme of things, I'm hoping it's small numbers but not clearly for some, it's not registered or they don't care or something else is driving their need to be with others.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:34 - Apr 15 with 977 viewshomer_123

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:26 - Apr 15 by Guthrum

I'd heard some noises about this fairly early on. Do wonder if we're going to end up with a situation like the Victorian era, were many families had a sickly/bedridden member (often elderly aunts) due to long-term health issues.

The one hope is that, with a concerted effort, a vaccine can be found more quickly than human kind has done before (caveat being that we've not successfully found vaccines for other corona viruses).

Also, even a reliable anti-body test would begin to make a huge difference.

That being said, nothing has changed since this kicked off, there is no vaccine and their is no naturally occurring immunity - in the short term a very large number of people will catch this.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:35 - Apr 15 with 973 viewshampstead_blue

It will take a while to get this understood.

Exit strategy? No idea.

Fingers crossed we can get back to some kind of economic movement. That may be the next step, a partial release of trades to at least get the economy moving.

How can the Gov afford furlough beyond May 31st?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:53 - Apr 15 with 915 viewsEireannach_gorm

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:34 - Apr 15 by homer_123

The one hope is that, with a concerted effort, a vaccine can be found more quickly than human kind has done before (caveat being that we've not successfully found vaccines for other corona viruses).

Also, even a reliable anti-body test would begin to make a huge difference.

That being said, nothing has changed since this kicked off, there is no vaccine and their is no naturally occurring immunity - in the short term a very large number of people will catch this.

Here's an positive video on getting the better of the virus.

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 02:20 - Apr 16 with 773 viewsRyorry

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 16:53 - Apr 15 by Eireannach_gorm

Here's an positive video on getting the better of the virus.

Thats great, but seems to me we need to deal with this from the other end of the telescope, otherwise human beings are always likely to be on the wrong end of new viruses springing up that might otherwise never have come into being, or at least not in a way which affects us as a species.

I.e. we need to stop producing/farming/selling food & drink in a way that nature never intended. Like CJD, Covid_19 arose (the concensus seems to be) from animals being kept in unnatural conditions. We really need to put a stop to that, pronto, commencing with banning the kind of market that apparently spawned the virus in Wuhan.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 06:03 - Apr 16 with 719 viewsChurchman

I think this shows how little we really know about C19 on 02:20 - Apr 16 by Ryorry

Thats great, but seems to me we need to deal with this from the other end of the telescope, otherwise human beings are always likely to be on the wrong end of new viruses springing up that might otherwise never have come into being, or at least not in a way which affects us as a species.

I.e. we need to stop producing/farming/selling food & drink in a way that nature never intended. Like CJD, Covid_19 arose (the concensus seems to be) from animals being kept in unnatural conditions. We really need to put a stop to that, pronto, commencing with banning the kind of market that apparently spawned the virus in Wuhan.

I think that SBs LA Times article is scary interesting but in terms of potential long term effects doesn’t surprise me. There’s usually a bill to pay for physical stuff longer term.

In terms of avoidance of creating such viruses going forward, this is an imperative. The struggle is against countries who for whatever reason, cultural or commercial, allow disgusting dangerous practices and within countries producers who will be happy to maximise profit, whatever the cost. This can only be done by regulation, policing and control. Lack of it allowed greedy, stupid people to create CJD here, application of it has largely eradicated it.

What this tells me is that on an international level bodies such as WHO need reforming and strengthening, not abandoning such as Trump has done. Countries also need to strengthen or maintain food standards, not weaken them and if that means banning products from other certain countries and more expensive food, so be it.

Transmission of C-19 is by people though. In a global economy, if you can’t get countries to commit to basic food standards, you can only reduce the risk by controlling movement of people from and to disgusting countries like China and that’s not going to happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024