Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d 20:33 - May 1 with 1427 viewsGeoffSentence

could have an impact on susceptibility to covid19 a few days ago?

Well, whomever it was, you might have been on to something

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-21211/v1

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 20:46 - May 1 with 1371 viewsGeoffSentence

The poster who was ahead of the research was......

chutney

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 by Chutney 24 Apr 2020 14:49
I find all this over the peak thing so odd. We're over the peak because we've all sat inside for a few weeks and created an artificial peak. It's not gone anywhere.

To answer your question, my non science based theory is that Covid-19 hates vitamin D. If you're high in vit D you're laughing. This is why it's proven more dangerous in Europe vs. Africa for example. 1 in 5 Brits are deficient in Vit D. Within Europe, this is why ethnic minorities are worse effected, as a higher proportion of them lack the vit D they need (which is true).

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 21:00 - May 1 with 1349 viewsRyorry

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 20:46 - May 1 by GeoffSentence

chutney

I find all this over the peak thing so odd. We're over the peak because we've all sat inside for a few weeks and created an artificial peak. It's not gone anywhere.

To answer your question, my non science based theory is that Covid-19 hates vitamin D. If you're high in vit D you're laughing. This is why it's proven more dangerous in Europe vs. Africa for example. 1 in 5 Brits are deficient in Vit D. Within Europe, this is why ethnic minorities are worse effected, as a higher proportion of them lack the vit D they need (which is true).

A few of us several weeks before that.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 21:02 - May 1 with 1344 viewsSitfcB

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 20:46 - May 1 by GeoffSentence

chutney

I heard it on BBC News on Radio 2 ages ago.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 21:23 - May 1 with 1296 viewsvapour_trail

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 21:02 - May 1 by SitfcB

I heard it on BBC News on Radio 2 ages ago.

Radio2? At your age?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 22:23 - May 1 with 1202 viewsLord_Lucan

It will be interesting to see the US toll with the sunshine States compared to the not so sunny ones.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 22:51 - May 1 with 1161 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ryorry

Edit. I see she’s already posted. If memory serves it was a conversation she had with Dollers.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 22:53]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 11:27 - May 2 with 907 viewsRyorry

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 22:51 - May 1 by GlasgowBlue

Ryorry

Edit. I see she’s already posted. If memory serves it was a conversation she had with Dollers.
[Post edited 1 May 2020 22:53]

Correct, thanks, a couple of other times too on the general premise that in the circumstances it simply seems common sense to keep your immune system boosted as much as you can by eating plenty of fresh fruit/veg, getting good rest/sleep/exercise, vit D, safe amount of sunshine.

I remain amazed that this Govt. still hasn't disseminated such basic advice. The majority of people in the UK are deficient in Vit D, something I discovered after doing a bit of research in autumn 2018, when a routine blood test showed me to be shockingly low in it, despite having gone around in T-shirt & done plenty of sunbathing during that long hot summer.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 23:43 - May 2 with 764 viewsSitfcB

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 21:23 - May 1 by vapour_trail

Radio2? At your age?

It’s the best station out there!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 04:06 - May 3 with 702 viewsmonytowbray

who was the smartarse on here who speculated that vitamin d on 11:27 - May 2 by Ryorry

Correct, thanks, a couple of other times too on the general premise that in the circumstances it simply seems common sense to keep your immune system boosted as much as you can by eating plenty of fresh fruit/veg, getting good rest/sleep/exercise, vit D, safe amount of sunshine.

I remain amazed that this Govt. still hasn't disseminated such basic advice. The majority of people in the UK are deficient in Vit D, something I discovered after doing a bit of research in autumn 2018, when a routine blood test showed me to be shockingly low in it, despite having gone around in T-shirt & done plenty of sunbathing during that long hot summer.

I’ve been taking all my vitamin supplements at the recommendation of my PT so winner.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024