Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 13:48 - Apr 24 with 2859 viewsNotSure

Mine is that it has gone away for the summer. Rhino and Corona viruses are always more prevalent during Winter and we should open up completely between May and September.

It will then come back (and possibly mutate to something much worse) and there will be complete lockdown between October and February.

It's not just this football season that is stuffed!
What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 13:57 - Apr 24 with 2279 viewsFenboyBlue

My theory is that it was released in the atmosphere from Elon Musk's ever expanding line of satellites.
What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 13:58 - Apr 24 with 2277 viewsSwansea_Blue

Alcohol is supposed to be effective at killing the cells, so it stands to reason that we should all remain thoroughly pissed until they find a vaccine. Def info.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:00 - Apr 24 with 2262 viewsLord_Lucan

My theory is that we haven't seen anything yet.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:04 - Apr 24 with 2256 viewsNotSure

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:00 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

My theory is that we haven't seen anything yet.

Exactly, so b*llocks to social distancing, whilst this virus has gone away let's get out there and enjoy, what for some of us, will be our last ever summer.
What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:07 - Apr 24 with 2253 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:04 - Apr 24 by NotSure

Exactly, so b*llocks to social distancing, whilst this virus has gone away let's get out there and enjoy, what for some of us, will be our last ever summer.

I think social distancing is here to stay for some time and I'm ok with that anyway as I basically hate the general public.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:11 - Apr 24 with 2229 viewsmonytowbray

It’s been around since October at the latest and evolved to get more lethal over time. How fast that evolution happened is based on some kind of geographical condition we don’t yet know.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:11 - Apr 24 with 2234 viewssparks

It is not a completely absurd hope. At least to some extent.

UV light tends to reduce the time viruses last in the open and on surfaces, and people spend much less time in crowded indoor environments in summer. Both of which play a large part in the seasonal nature of flu and colds (including other corona and rhino viruses as I understand it).

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:13 - Apr 24 with 2215 viewsKeno

Contrary to what Lucn tells you I got on an easy jet flight back from Malta last September

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:22 - Apr 24 with 2205 viewsJ2BLUE

My theory is that people seem to be getting off on being as negative as possible. Several on here ignore all positive signs and post about their 'gut feelings' in some weird desire to say told you so.

My theory is things gradually improve until mid June when the lockdown will be all but over (barring big events > 500) for anyone under 70. The Oxford vaccine will work but their 1,000,000 doses by September will not happen because most of the production is abroad and which country will allow a proven vaccine to leave their shores for the UK? Some lockdown measures will return from mid October but will be less strict than the current lockdown. Able to visit family/drive thrus stay open etc. Most people vaccinated or immune by next spring.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:23 - Apr 24 with 2193 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:13 - Apr 24 by Keno

Contrary to what Lucn tells you I got on an easy jet flight back from Malta last September

What have I said now?

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:27 - Apr 24 with 2173 viewsKeno

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:23 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

What have I said now?

a couple of weeks ago you dismissed my claim to be Patient 0 on the grounds that was you after trip to china last autumn

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:29 - Apr 24 with 2155 viewsmonytowbray

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:22 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

My theory is that people seem to be getting off on being as negative as possible. Several on here ignore all positive signs and post about their 'gut feelings' in some weird desire to say told you so.

My theory is things gradually improve until mid June when the lockdown will be all but over (barring big events > 500) for anyone under 70. The Oxford vaccine will work but their 1,000,000 doses by September will not happen because most of the production is abroad and which country will allow a proven vaccine to leave their shores for the UK? Some lockdown measures will return from mid October but will be less strict than the current lockdown. Able to visit family/drive thrus stay open etc. Most people vaccinated or immune by next spring.

I have no gut feelings, I just read the news :)

TWTD never forgets…

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:34 - Apr 24 with 2132 viewsJ2BLUE

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:29 - Apr 24 by monytowbray

I have no gut feelings, I just read the news :)

You can cherry pick news stories to prove everything is rapidly improving or we are all fooked. The only real answer we have at the moment is no one knows.

Truly impaired.

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:40 - Apr 24 with 2117 viewsBloomBlue

My theory is it will be like SARS and just disappear, even before we find a fully tested vaccine.
Death totals during 2020 will ultimately be the same as any year
In approx. 8 years Covid-20 (or whatever they call it) with arrive
What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:44 - Apr 24 with 2097 viewsJ2BLUE

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:40 - Apr 24 by BloomBlue

My theory is it will be like SARS and just disappear, even before we find a fully tested vaccine.

Covid-28 at a random guess...

Truly impaired.

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:49 - Apr 24 with 2093 viewsChutney

I find all this over the peak thing so odd. We're over the peak because we've all sat inside for a few weeks and created an artificial peak. It's not gone anywhere.

To answer your question, my non science based theory is that Covid-19 hates vitamin D. If you're high in vit D you're laughing. This is why it's proven more dangerous in Europe vs. Africa for example. 1 in 5 Brits are deficient in Vit D. Within Europe, this is why ethnic minorities are worse effected, as a higher proportion of them lack the vit D they need (which is true).
What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 2066 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t think 2020 death totals will be the same but I will be interested to see the trend over a 2 or 3 year period, as I wonder if a large portion of the COVID-19 related deaths are people that would otherwise have passed in the coming months being ‘bumped’ forwards a few months

That probably sounds a bit callous and clearly people losing a few months/years of their life is still awful, but it may put a slightly different perspective on the numbers than we are seeing currently

That also ties in nicely with my response to the OP that we won’t really know the impact and how successful various approaches have been until years down the line, and potentially some decisions which are perceived as being terrible now could look rather different when we’re safely on the other side

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 2066 viewsLord_Lucan

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:27 - Apr 24 by Keno

a couple of weeks ago you dismissed my claim to be Patient 0 on the grounds that was you after trip to china last autumn

No way you are patient zero coming from Malta.

You are not taking my Superspreader status away from me.

I came back in January by the way.

It all adds up.

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 2074 viewsgiant_stow

Mrs ulla listens to podcast by a bloke called Sam Harris, who apparently is well-known. Anyway, he reckons that this isn't even the 'big one' pandemic and that Covid should be a seen as a dry-run for that.

Not mine, but spicey.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 15:05 - Apr 24 with 2036 viewsElephantintheRoom

Mine is that as long as we can celebrate brexit on Jan 31 and for the oven ready day spend more time trying to get big ben operational for the oven-ready day - then everything will be tickety-boo. Who needs 3x as many hosptial beds like Germany and the staff to go with them. Let's invole the Dunkirk spirit...little ships building ventilators that dont work and will never need.... PPI erm.... and who cares about old folks in care homes or marooned hoping for a bt of care in the community.

And a zero hours conract is a job.

And when it goes pear-shaped simply tell people who havent got it to stay at home and lose their jobs... they'll probably even vote for us

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 15:09 - Apr 24 with 2023 viewsmonytowbray

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:34 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

You can cherry pick news stories to prove everything is rapidly improving or we are all fooked. The only real answer we have at the moment is no one knows.

Improving I can say yes we are. How we got where we are though and if we should be there to begin with however...

TWTD never forgets…

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 15:10 - Apr 24 with 2012 viewsmonytowbray

Not if we give up meat and stop with race-to-the-bottom neoliberal approaches to the economy.

But C.R.E.A.M. so won't happen.

TWTD never forgets…

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 15:14 - Apr 24 with 2008 viewsmonytowbray

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:56 - Apr 24 by giant_stow

Mrs ulla listens to podcast by a bloke called Sam Harris, who apparently is well-known. Anyway, he reckons that this isn't even the 'big one' pandemic and that Covid should be a seen as a dry-run for that.

Not mine, but spicey.

I mean he's not wrong. If any of the previous two similar outbreaks had of took off we could have been looking at a 10% death rate. However theories also say the more lethal a virus, the less likely it is to spread as it floors the infected living vessel. The diseases that last are the smart ones like COVID-19 that will show manageable symptoms.

If anyone was looking for yet ANOTHER reason the world should stop abusing animals for food though...

TWTD never forgets…

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 15:19 - Apr 24 with 1978 viewsblueprint

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:07 - Apr 24 by Lord_Lucan

I think social distancing is here to stay for some time and I'm ok with that anyway as I basically hate the general public.

I’m with you there.
What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 15:31 - Apr 24 with 1952 viewsGuthrum

What is your ill-educated theory about Covid-19 on 14:11 - Apr 24 by monytowbray

It’s been around since October at the latest and evolved to get more lethal over time. How fast that evolution happened is based on some kind of geographical condition we don’t yet know.

Not as early as October. Doctors noticed the first unusual pneumonia cases at the start of December. So the origin is not going to be more than a week or so before that. Tho it will have existed in bats (and possibly pangolin) for a very long time before that.

Evolution - a single genetic mutation - happens in just one generation. Which isn't long for a virus. What can take time is that then spreading through the population. But, again, rapid reproduction helps. Part of the reason viruses can be so dangerous.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024