Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Ham is in da house!! 11:07 - Jun 17 with 1208 viewsKeno

hows it going Phil?

any juicy town gossip you like to let slip?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:17 - Jun 17 with 1180 viewsPhilTWTD

Think it's going to be a bit of a quiet period. Is usually quiet this time of year but even more so given the lack of a date for the start of 2020/21 and all the financial uncertainty in the game.
Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:20 - Jun 17 with 1157 viewsKeno

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:17 - Jun 17 by PhilTWTD

Think it's going to be a bit of a quiet period. Is usually quiet this time of year but even more so given the lack of a date for the start of 2020/21 and all the financial uncertainty in the game.

do you think the financial crap going on mean its less like we will sell the likes of Wolfy and Downes or just that we will get a worse deal?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:25 - Jun 17 with 1133 viewsPhilTWTD

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:20 - Jun 17 by Keno

do you think the financial crap going on mean its less like we will sell the likes of Wolfy and Downes or just that we will get a worse deal?

Not sure really. I certainly think the offers we might get will be well below what they would have been in January and it'll depend on how badly Marcus needs to raise cash, and whether the potential moves are attractive enough to turn the players' heads, of course. They're both contracted until 2023 effectively so no pressure to sell on that front.
Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:50 - Jun 17 with 1027 viewsfactual_blue

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:17 - Jun 17 by PhilTWTD

As there's a quiet period, will Gav be doing any updating?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:22 - Jun 17 with 945 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:25 - Jun 17 by PhilTWTD

Not sure really. I certainly think the offers we might get will be well below what they would have been in January and it'll depend on how badly Marcus needs to raise cash, and whether the potential moves are attractive enough to turn the players' heads, of course. They're both contracted until 2023 effectively so no pressure to sell on that front.

On the flip side, if we are receiving less for players then that would signal a deflation in the transfer market, and replacement players would cost less.

....in theory.

Either way, I would rather keep them. Now might not be an ideal time for a player to make that step up... settling in to a new club in strange conditions and playing in empty stadiums. But then again, money talks.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:27 - Jun 17 with 923 viewshampstead_blue

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:22 - Jun 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

On the flip side, if we are receiving less for players then that would signal a deflation in the transfer market, and replacement players would cost less.

....in theory.

Either way, I would rather keep them. Now might not be an ideal time for a player to make that step up... settling in to a new club in strange conditions and playing in empty stadiums. But then again, money talks.

Agree on your correlation theory.
However we do not seem to be very good when it comes to negotiations.

Agree also that prices will be depressed, rightly so, until the format of crowd attendances is sorted.

It does bring back to the fore an idea myself and others have floated....

If lower league clubs charged £10 so those who cannot attend can watch in the iplayer, revenues will increase.
Problem is how to get around the foul smelling poo that is Sky. They have a block on 3pm on Saturdays and possibly other times as well.

Get around them and the clubs will actually increase revenue in my mind.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:28 - Jun 17 with 910 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:27 - Jun 17 by hampstead_blue

Agree on your correlation theory.
However we do not seem to be very good when it comes to negotiations.

Agree also that prices will be depressed, rightly so, until the format of crowd attendances is sorted.

It does bring back to the fore an idea myself and others have floated....

If lower league clubs charged £10 so those who cannot attend can watch in the iplayer, revenues will increase.
Problem is how to get around the foul smelling poo that is Sky. They have a block on 3pm on Saturdays and possibly other times as well.

Get around them and the clubs will actually increase revenue in my mind.

Agreed on all points.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:37 - Jun 17 with 862 viewsDubtractor

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:22 - Jun 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

....in theory.

Just imagine his much Nsiala is worth in the current market.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:40 - Jun 17 with 851 viewsEireannach_gorm

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 11:25 - Jun 17 by PhilTWTD

I suspect that with the nature of the Marcus Evans business empire things are not good in the financial department. Unless he diversifies into Zorb balls things are going to be a bit bleak in the near future. It is a nailed on certainty that any means of raising cash will be entertained. Ah well, the good times couldn't last forever!
Mr Ham is in da house!! on 13:05 - Jun 17 with 764 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mr Ham is in da house!! on 12:40 - Jun 17 by Eireannach_gorm

I suspect that with the nature of the Marcus Evans business empire things are not good in the financial department. Unless he diversifies into Zorb balls things are going to be a bit bleak in the near future. It is a nailed on certainty that any means of raising cash will be entertained. Ah well, the good times couldn't last forever!

Yes, I must admit I did wonder how all this affects the MEG.

Although I think they do a lot of their business online in terms of providing training and webinars etc for customers, so that might be doing ok.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024