Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching Leeds v Arsenal 17:22 - Nov 22 with 2309 viewsnorth_stand77

Leeds are really entertaining to watch, doesn't seem so long ago we were regularly playing them!

Watching them play with such determination and flair underlines just how much we have slipped sadly.

We could at least put in a bit more fight in to performances, surely that's achievable at any level we play at?
Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 17:37 - Nov 22 with 2274 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

We finished above them 2 and a half years ago...!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 18:11 - Nov 22 with 2244 viewsIllinoisblue

Very easy on the eye. They’ll need more than Bamford up front though.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 18:34 - Nov 22 with 2210 viewsnorth_stand77

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 18:11 - Nov 22 by Illinoisblue

Very easy on the eye. They’ll need more than Bamford up front though.

Thought Leeds were very unlucky there- especially Raphinha.lookinv on with envy.

Oh well.....Coybs .....sort of
Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 18:38 - Nov 22 with 2204 viewscbower

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 17:37 - Nov 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

We finished above them 2 and a half years ago...!

Yep. The game we lost 3-2 against them at Elland Road was a decent watch. Same season, we finished above the Budgies too. Since then, they have been promoted, relegated and are top of the Championship again now. Numbskulls?

bluescouser

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:17 - Nov 22 with 2120 viewsChrisd

They really are. The way they turn defence into attack in a blink of an eye and the numbers they get forward must be a little unsettling playing against them. Ability obviously, but you’ve clearly got to be fit too to be in Bielsa’s sides. Just not Leeds’ day today against the Gooners when you hit the woodwork 4 times, one of them must’ve run over a black cat to deserve that sort of luck!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:21 - Nov 22 with 2120 viewsPJH

I didn't watch the game but I was behind that goal when this one was scored.

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:40 - Nov 22 with 2102 viewsjaykay

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:21 - Nov 22 by PJH

i was the at other end amongst the leeds fans. you would have been in the arsenal end ,where the teams use to enter the pitch

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:46 - Nov 22 with 2092 viewsPJH

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:40 - Nov 22 by jaykay

i was the at other end amongst the leeds fans. you would have been in the arsenal end ,where the teams use to enter the pitch

I was in the Leeds end but that was the tunnel end.

The only time that I was not in the tunnel end for trips to Wembley was League Cup Final between Forest and Liverpool in 1978.

My 5 F.A. Cup Finals, 2 Charity Shields, 1 Playoff Final and 1 Speedway Final were all in the tunnel end.
Login to get fewer ads

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:47 - Nov 22 with 2090 viewsChrisd

Wonderful header by Clarke.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:49 - Nov 22 with 2086 viewsPJH

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:47 - Nov 22 by Chrisd

Wonderful header by Clarke.

It was, he seemed to momentarily think of volleying it before deciding to go with his head.
Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:04 - Nov 22 with 2057 viewsjaykay

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 21:46 - Nov 22 by PJH

I was in the Leeds end but that was the tunnel end.

The only time that I was not in the tunnel end for trips to Wembley was League Cup Final between Forest and Liverpool in 1978.

My 5 F.A. Cup Finals, 2 Charity Shields, 1 Playoff Final and 1 Speedway Final were all in the tunnel end.

my bad. it was the 1970 cup final i was in with the leeds fans opposite the tunnel end. i was with the arsenal fans that day in 72. that was in the days before plastic beer glasses and several beer glasses were thrown when leeds scored. i never missed a cup final from 70 to 79.. every year my local side use to get 2 cup final tickets . no one never wanted them till 78. then they had to pick 2 names out of hat with over 100 names in it

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:10 - Nov 22 with 2055 viewsfactual_blue

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:04 - Nov 22 by jaykay

my bad. it was the 1970 cup final i was in with the leeds fans opposite the tunnel end. i was with the arsenal fans that day in 72. that was in the days before plastic beer glasses and several beer glasses were thrown when leeds scored. i never missed a cup final from 70 to 79.. every year my local side use to get 2 cup final tickets . no one never wanted them till 78. then they had to pick 2 names out of hat with over 100 names in it

All the hard nuts were mysteriously off sick from school in 1970 to travel up to Old Trafford for the replay. Quite a day, by all accounts - not only on the pitch.

Didn't David Ellaray re-referee that game from TV footage? I think it would probably have ended up about three players each.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:39 - Nov 22 with 2028 viewsjaykay

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:10 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

All the hard nuts were mysteriously off sick from school in 1970 to travel up to Old Trafford for the replay. Quite a day, by all accounts - not only on the pitch.

Didn't David Ellaray re-referee that game from TV footage? I think it would probably have ended up about three players each.

that 70 cup final was after the horse showing jumping had cut the pitch up ,to look like a ploughed field. also eddie grey had ran rings round david webb that he surfed dizzy spells for a couple of days.in the replay chelsea put chopper harris to mark grey and kick him of the pitch. then webb of all people scored

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:46 - Nov 22 with 2026 viewsfactual_blue

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:39 - Nov 22 by jaykay

that 70 cup final was after the horse showing jumping had cut the pitch up ,to look like a ploughed field. also eddie grey had ran rings round david webb that he surfed dizzy spells for a couple of days.in the replay chelsea put chopper harris to mark grey and kick him of the pitch. then webb of all people scored

TWTD

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:52 - Nov 22 with 2022 viewswkj

Pains me to say it, but Leeds have done a remarkable job and look like they belong where they are.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 00:31 - Nov 23 with 2010 viewsfloridablue

Without researching back, I'm guessing that was the old league cup as I was there for the Leeds v Sunderland FA cup final 72(!) More imprinted in my few brain cells that are left is the save by Montgomery at the opposite end to where I was standing in the Leeds fans tunnel (?) end. Pretty sure the Sunderland goal was also at that end and their managers 'famous' pitch invasion at the final whistle. Also given the free ticket from the company I was working, for as they had a director connected to Suffolk FA. and my friend who had a liking/love for Leeds offered me ten pounds.. final offer.. the night before. Glad I declined!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 0:33]
Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 00:31 - Nov 23 with 2009 viewsnorth_stand77

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 23:52 - Nov 22 by wkj

Pains me to say it, but Leeds have done a remarkable job and look like they belong where they are.

And that they are enjoying it too.
Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 07:47 - Nov 23 with 1903 viewsPJH

Watching Leeds v Arsenal on 00:31 - Nov 23 by floridablue

Without researching back, I'm guessing that was the old league cup as I was there for the Leeds v Sunderland FA cup final 72(!) More imprinted in my few brain cells that are left is the save by Montgomery at the opposite end to where I was standing in the Leeds fans tunnel (?) end. Pretty sure the Sunderland goal was also at that end and their managers 'famous' pitch invasion at the final whistle. Also given the free ticket from the company I was working, for as they had a director connected to Suffolk FA. and my friend who had a liking/love for Leeds offered me ten pounds.. final offer.. the night before. Glad I declined!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 0:33]

No 1972 F.A. Cup Final, Sunderland one was 1973 and I was also there for that.
The Sunderland goal was at the same end as the Montgomery double save and Leeds fans were at the tunnel end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024