Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are 08:03 - Dec 13 with 3320 viewstextbackup

Record v top 10 last season: 15pts from 54.
Record v top 10 so far this season: 3pts from 21.

How long can Evans seriously sit back and watch this happen, he does realise a playoff finish means we’d need to beat teams around us?

The countries most depressing football club is a fantastic way to sum us up. Absolutely nothing worth caring about, or being excited for.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:06 - Dec 13 with 2509 viewsitfcjoe

And the 3 points this season is against Accrington Stanley who are probably the smallest club in the division.

Played 6, lost 6 against sides you expect to compete this season, if being generous we got a point at Oxford so it’s 1 point from 21 against decent sides......

We didn’t lay a glove on them yesterday, it feels like Lambert is deliberately trying to prove a point now with this ‘style’, we are just the ones who have to suffer the little games between Evans and Lambert though.

At any other club he’d have been sacked so long ago, it’s utterly baffling to any outsiders.

Well prob scrape a win on Tuesday, then lose Saturday and be in exactly the same place next weekend.

He has to go, and he has to go soon before this season is done.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:11 - Dec 13 with 2471 viewsWarkystache

Don't be depressed! The Warky Report is coming soon. Be depressed then.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:16 - Dec 13 with 2450 viewsReuser_is_God

As soon as we lost to Lincoln it was obvious that this season was going to be exactly the same as last with us struggling against the better sides.

He won’t say it publicly, he’ll just blame the fans instead, but I bet Evans is ruing the 5 year deal. If he isn’t then there is something seriously wrong with him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:23 - Dec 13 with 2417 viewsdavblue

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:06 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

And the 3 points this season is against Accrington Stanley who are probably the smallest club in the division.

Played 6, lost 6 against sides you expect to compete this season, if being generous we got a point at Oxford so it’s 1 point from 21 against decent sides......

We didn’t lay a glove on them yesterday, it feels like Lambert is deliberately trying to prove a point now with this ‘style’, we are just the ones who have to suffer the little games between Evans and Lambert though.

At any other club he’d have been sacked so long ago, it’s utterly baffling to any outsiders.

Well prob scrape a win on Tuesday, then lose Saturday and be in exactly the same place next weekend.

It’s just not going to happen though is it after the statements from Evans.

Evans is making himself look a clown with how this is being played out when it’s obvious to all (apart from Evans) that Lambert is done.

As I’ve said before the lack of chances/pressure has been going on for since he walked through the door so it’s not just through injuries that is causing it.

The football club is just an utter shambles at the moment, the way it’s being looked after is a disgrace and with Evans, Lambert, the club is only going one way.
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:27 - Dec 13 with 2399 viewsdavblue

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:16 - Dec 13 by Reuser_is_God

As soon as we lost to Lincoln it was obvious that this season was going to be exactly the same as last with us struggling against the better sides.

He won’t say it publicly, he’ll just blame the fans instead, but I bet Evans is ruing the 5 year deal. If he isn’t then there is something seriously wrong with him.

4.MORE.YEARS
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:32 - Dec 13 with 2375 viewsIpswichKnight

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:23 - Dec 13 by davblue

Evans is making himself look a clown with how this is being played out when it’s obvious to all (apart from Evans) that Lambert is done.

As I’ve said before the lack of chances/pressure has been going on for since he walked through the door so it’s not just through injuries that is causing it.

The football club is just an utter shambles at the moment, the way it’s being looked after is a disgrace and with Evans, Lambert, the club is only going one way.

I’m hoping that the fraud persuaded Evans that once fans get in they’ll see the green shoots and all will be good! Hopefully Marcus heard the boos and shouts and now realises how toxic it has become with just 2,000 in the ground and will be worse on Tuesday if we don’t win.
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:33 - Dec 13 with 2377 viewstextbackup

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:23 - Dec 13 by davblue

Evans knows nothing about football, he’s learnt nothing in 13 years. If he had he’d see passing sideways and backwards rarely results in a goal, and goals win games

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:36 - Dec 13 with 2345 viewsHerbivore

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:06 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

It's only 2 and a half weeks until January now, if we don't pull the trigger more or less immediately then it's going it be very tricky to get a new manager in and able to assess the squad before the next transfer window opens. We were in the exact same boat this time last year and Evans gave him a new 5 year deal rather than pulling the trigger and things have only got worse since the. It is utterly mystifying how Lambert is still our manager at this point.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:37 - Dec 13 with 2345 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not only is Lambert trying to prove a point, so is Evans in terms of BCWYWF. Lambert can do what he likes, secure in the knowledge he has a 5 year deal in his back pocket, and Evans can't lose face by admitting he got it wrong again.

So we, as supporters, are left watching the whole sorry thing collapse like a flan in a cupboard.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:37 - Dec 13 with 2342 viewsitfcjoe

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:33 - Dec 13 by textbackup

Evans knows nothing about football, he’s learnt nothing in 13 years. If he had he’d see passing sideways and backwards rarely results in a goal, and goals win games

I appreciate why people are boycotting, and won’t criticise those doing that, but ultimately I think 2k fans which includes all those referred to as ‘happy clappers’ giving PL/ME stick in the ground is going to make a big difference to how ME sees things.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:40 - Dec 13 with 2319 viewsdavblue

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:37 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Not only is Lambert trying to prove a point, so is Evans in terms of BCWYWF. Lambert can do what he likes, secure in the knowledge he has a 5 year deal in his back pocket, and Evans can't lose face by admitting he got it wrong again.

So we, as supporters, are left watching the whole sorry thing collapse like a flan in a cupboard.

The crazy thing is we can see it from a mile off and the owner who has facts and watches games live can’t. I said we will get relegated in 5 years if the club keeps being run this way but actually I would like to revise that to 3 years.

The trouble is if we get a good manager all they will do is cover over the cracks.
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:40 - Dec 13 with 2314 viewsitfcjoe

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:36 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

It's only 2 and a half weeks until January now, if we don't pull the trigger more or less immediately then it's going it be very tricky to get a new manager in and able to assess the squad before the next transfer window opens. We were in the exact same boat this time last year and Evans gave him a new 5 year deal rather than pulling the trigger and things have only got worse since the. It is utterly mystifying how Lambert is still our manager at this point.

Look at Lee Johnson at Sunderland, and more importantly listen to him....he knows where the squad is, and who needs replacing as is prepped for the job. If you have someone like Danny Cowley the job he’d be able to give you a better overview than Lambert could already.

These younger, more detailed managers turn up to interviews with full plans on what they will do with what is already there from day one.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:41 - Dec 13 with 2307 viewsMoriarty

The players are short of confidence. The only way to fix that is with a manager who they believe in, who inspires them.

They players know Lambert is a fraud. So do most of us.

Evans needs to act now. Not only to preserve our hopes of promotion. But also to protect or even enhance the value of our young players. Who’d pay a wedge for Wolf now?

fka omuircheartaigh

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:45 - Dec 13 with 2280 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:40 - Dec 13 by davblue

The crazy thing is we can see it from a mile off and the owner who has facts and watches games live can’t. I said we will get relegated in 5 years if the club keeps being run this way but actually I would like to revise that to 3 years.

The trouble is if we get a good manager all they will do is cover over the cracks.

Covering over the cracks would be better than looking at this open wound.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:48 - Dec 13 with 2250 viewsdavblue

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:45 - Dec 13 by The_Flashing_Smile

Covering over the cracks would be better than looking at this open wound.

But long term the structure of the club has to be good otherwise we would be back in the same position post Mick. We have to get the foundations right otherwise the club will always be a bad appointment away from disaster again.
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:48 - Dec 13 with 2252 viewsallezlesbleus

Your title sums it up completely.

How many more Saturdays/weekends have to be ruined before ME actually does something positive for a change and sorts out the club we love?
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:59 - Dec 13 with 2184 viewsHerbivore

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:48 - Dec 13 by davblue

But long term the structure of the club has to be good otherwise we would be back in the same position post Mick. We have to get the foundations right otherwise the club will always be a bad appointment away from disaster again.

But it is easier to do that work within the club from a position of strength, which means things have to improve on the pitch rapidly.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:00 - Dec 13 with 2181 viewsTractorJack

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:40 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Look at Lee Johnson at Sunderland, and more importantly listen to him....he knows where the squad is, and who needs replacing as is prepped for the job. If you have someone like Danny Cowley the job he’d be able to give you a better overview than Lambert could already.

These younger, more detailed managers turn up to interviews with full plans on what they will do with what is already there from day one.

In case anyone is interested. I can't bear to listen to PL's voice anymore but I'm pretty sure he doesn't analyse games like this.
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:01 - Dec 13 with 2173 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:48 - Dec 13 by davblue

Oh I agree, but Evans isn't likely to change the structure anytime soon. I mean, he's not that likely to change the manager either, but that's more possible.

I'd love it if Evans grew some balls, swapped Lambert for the Cowley brothers and got Burley and Sheepshanks in as directors of football. The last throw of the dice. Then if that doesn't work, actively look for a buyer.

This death by a thousand cuts isn't doing anyone any good.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:07 - Dec 13 with 2140 viewsGuthrum

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:40 - Dec 13 by davblue

Unfortunately, the injury situation (whose fault is that?) seems to be giving Lambert something of a free pass in Evans' eyes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:36 - Dec 13 with 2050 viewsdavblue

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:59 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

But it is easier to do that work within the club from a position of strength, which means things have to improve on the pitch rapidly.

I have to disagree. Get good people involved making good decisions and the ship will start turning in the right direction.
Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:44 - Dec 13 with 2001 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 08:11 - Dec 13 by Warkystache

Don't be depressed! The Warky Report is coming soon. Be depressed then.

Not sure I can take any more, Evans knows.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:44 - Dec 13 with 1998 viewsHerbivore

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:36 - Dec 13 by davblue

I have to disagree. Get good people involved making good decisions and the ship will start turning in the right direction.

It won't make a difference whilst we have incompetent management.

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:45 - Dec 13 with 1999 viewsghostofescobar

And Norwich top of the Championship, an away win, probably another promotion and league title to celebrate, plus another cool £100mill to play with if they do. Evans, you are a dick whose decisions over 13 years are sucking the life out of the club.

GhostOfEscobar

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:46 - Dec 13 with 1984 viewsdavblue

Another Sunday morning waking depressed at what we are on 09:44 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

It won't make a difference whilst we have incompetent management.

No but all sides need to be looked at.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024