Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This winds me up 10:21 - Dec 15 with 668 viewsclive_baker

Feels totally at odds with what we know is needed to make the environmental strides we need to as a society.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/beefatarian-advert-video-eu-beef-clima

D1ck move.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This winds me up on 10:28 - Dec 15 with 613 viewshoppy

First it was Ham being banned, and now you're saying Beef can't have a promotion either?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

This winds me up on 10:40 - Dec 15 with 579 viewswkj

World governments have done a piss poor job in dietary advice through he years - the message keeps changing and it is clear that whichever lobby brings the most heat dictates the message.

Once upon a time fat was the enemy and people advocating the dangers of over sugar consumption were vilified, and we obviously know how that has swung these days.

I hate this campaign because focussing on one particular food type is always going to be suboptimal to a diet that supports a healthy mix of protein, fat, carbs and fibre

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This winds me up on 10:42 - Dec 15 with 574 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. According to this link it was about differentiating European beef from other beef and there’s probably an argument that beef from other countries like Brazil is less sustainable.

https://www.foodnavigator.com/Article/2020/11/04/Become-a-Beefatarian-Commission

But as you say this is a dick move. It seems to be about eating more beef, talks about “sustainable farming” that isn’t remotely possible for beef, and seems to be othering and taking the mick out of vegetarians at the same time.

Absolutely tone-deaf stuff.

Pronouns: He/Him

This winds me up (n/t) on 11:58 - Dec 15 with 509 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 11:58]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This winds me up on 12:57 - Dec 15 with 453 viewsRyorry

And sadly, just about the only legitimate arrow the Brexiteers have in their quiver as far as I've seen.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This winds me up on 13:02 - Dec 15 with 435 viewsJ2BLUE

It's even more amazing in light of the covid restrictions around Europe where we've seen a large number of people don't care about the risks as long as they're given permission for something (e.g. Christmas). So despite people knowing we need to eat less meat this will be the get out that many people use.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024