Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jobs for the boys! 10:26 - Dec 17 with 1626 viewsDubtractor

Does this matter? If not, why not?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/16/no-10s-covid-press-briefings-le

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jobs for the boys! on 10:29 - Dec 17 with 1603 viewsSteve_M

Not greatly, not compared to the standard of governance that has been shown this year.

Also Pritti Patel's smirk isn't really appropriate for a public health crisis and Lynn Truss is busy signing trade deals with North Macedonia.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jobs for the boys! on 10:33 - Dec 17 with 1586 viewsDubtractor

Jobs for the boys! on 10:29 - Dec 17 by Steve_M

Not greatly, not compared to the standard of governance that has been shown this year.

Also Pritti Patel's smirk isn't really appropriate for a public health crisis and Lynn Truss is busy signing trade deals with North Macedonia.

I'll be honest, those two names did pop up in my head as I considered this and, regardless of diversity, neither are great alternatives are they?!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jobs for the boys! on 10:35 - Dec 17 with 1573 viewsfooters

If matt hancock is the one you've picked most to represent the government's views, then frankly it just shows what a dearth of talent there is on the tory front bench, male or female.

I think Patel would have been wheeled out more had it not been for her, erm, unfortunate run-ins with the Civil Service.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Jobs for the boys! on 11:06 - Dec 17 with 1528 viewsSaleAway

Jobs for the boys! on 10:35 - Dec 17 by footers

If matt hancock is the one you've picked most to represent the government's views, then frankly it just shows what a dearth of talent there is on the tory front bench, male or female.

I think Patel would have been wheeled out more had it not been for her, erm, unfortunate run-ins with the Civil Service.

Patel would have been up there, but she threatened to beat Boris up if he made her stand in front of all those nasty journalists.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Jobs for the boys! on 11:18 - Dec 17 with 1505 viewsHerbivore

When the prominent women in the cabinet are Liz Truss making innuendos about pork markets and Priti Patel smirking contemptuously you can understand why they've been kept away from Covid briefings.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jobs for the boys! on 11:18 - Dec 17 with 1501 viewsChurchman

I think it’s all about merit. If people are the best, I don’t care if it’s all men, all women, all alien or all purple people with green spots. If it’s about selecting people on the basis of a prejudice (sexism, racism, ageism you name it), then it definitely matters.

What strikes me is if the Muppet Show was starting now and had seen that Guardian pic, they’d probably say ‘scrap it’. We can’t make puppets any worse than that little lot. What a desperate shower.
Jobs for the boys! on 11:19 - Dec 17 with 1500 viewsfooters

Jobs for the boys! on 11:18 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

When the prominent women in the cabinet are Liz Truss making innuendos about pork markets and Priti Patel smirking contemptuously you can understand why they've been kept away from Covid briefings.

I think a UK cheese update would be just the thing to lift the nation's spirits at this time.

Jobs for the boys! on 11:25 - Dec 17 with 1476 viewsSaleAway

Jobs for the boys! on 11:18 - Dec 17 by Churchman

I think it’s all about merit. If people are the best, I don’t care if it’s all men, all women, all alien or all purple people with green spots. If it’s about selecting people on the basis of a prejudice (sexism, racism, ageism you name it), then it definitely matters.

What strikes me is if the Muppet Show was starting now and had seen that Guardian pic, they’d probably say ‘scrap it’. We can’t make puppets any worse than that little lot. What a desperate shower.

If Boris had built a government based on merit, perhaps we wouldn't be in the s*** we're currently in.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Login to get fewer ads

Jobs for the boys! on 11:31 - Dec 17 with 1466 viewsHerbivore

Jobs for the boys! on 11:19 - Dec 17 by footers

I think a UK cheese update would be just the thing to lift the nation's spirits at this time.

It could work, I can see it now: "This year we need to treat Christmas meet ups with family Caerphilly" - followed by a long pause anticipating laughs from the non-existent crowd, as Truss nods and grins like the fooking idiot she is. "Otherwise all we'll be left with is de brie" - cue further pause and knowing grin. Tw@t.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 11:45]

Jobs for the boys! on 11:39 - Dec 17 with 1435 viewsstantheman

Jobs for the boys! on 11:25 - Dec 17 by SaleAway

If Boris had built a government based on merit, perhaps we wouldn't be in the s*** we're currently in.

And if Corbyn hadn't surrounded himself by his cronies we would all be better off Governance wise????
Jobs for the boys! on 11:50 - Dec 17 with 1415 viewsChurchman

Jobs for the boys! on 11:31 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

It could work, I can see it now: "This year we need to treat Christmas meet ups with family Caerphilly" - followed by a long pause anticipating laughs from the non-existent crowd, as Truss nods and grins like the fooking idiot she is. "Otherwise all we'll be left with is de brie" - cue further pause and knowing grin. Tw@t.

A buddy of mine worked with Truss at MoJ. He reckoned she really is an idiot, though Grayling probably topped the lot in the how hopeless can you be stakes.
Jobs for the boys! on 11:52 - Dec 17 with 1403 viewsHerbivore

Jobs for the boys! on 11:50 - Dec 17 by Churchman

A buddy of mine worked with Truss at MoJ. He reckoned she really is an idiot, though Grayling probably topped the lot in the how hopeless can you be stakes.

I struggle to believe that Grayling is actually real. I don't understand how a human can have survived that far into adulthood being so utterly dim-witted. I doubt he can even make his own breakfast without setting fire to his kitchen, and he only has cereal.

Jobs for the boys! on 11:53 - Dec 17 with 1402 viewsfooters

Jobs for the boys! on 11:31 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

boris' 'joke' was so effective yesterday that he only had to tell it twice.

Jobs for the boys! on 11:57 - Dec 17 with 1388 viewsHerbivore

Jobs for the boys! on 11:53 - Dec 17 by footers

boris' 'joke' was so effective yesterday that he only had to tell it twice.

I've decided to put Boris Johnson alongside ITFC on my boycott list. What was the joke? It's wasn't the "Tis the season to be jolly careful" nonsense was it?

Jobs for the boys! on 11:59 - Dec 17 with 1386 viewsfooters

Jobs for the boys! on 11:57 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

I've decided to put Boris Johnson alongside ITFC on my boycott list. What was the joke? It's wasn't the "Tis the season to be jolly careful" nonsense was it?

Something along the lines of 'Have yourself a merry little Christmas, with emphasis on the little'. Jasper Carrott, eat your heart out.

Jobs for the boys! on 12:02 - Dec 17 with 1379 viewsHerbivore

Jobs for the boys! on 11:59 - Dec 17 by footers

Something along the lines of 'Have yourself a merry little Christmas, with emphasis on the little'. Jasper Carrott, eat your heart out.

You kind of have to marvel at how, even now 9 months into a pandemic that has shown him up as utterly incompetent, he still thinks that what we really need is bantz rather than leadership. What an arse clown. Damn Boris Johnson, damn this Tory government, and damn anyone who voted for them.

Jobs for the boys! on 12:15 - Dec 17 with 1356 viewsstantheman

Jobs for the boys! on 12:02 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

You kind of have to marvel at how, even now 9 months into a pandemic that has shown him up as utterly incompetent, he still thinks that what we really need is bantz rather than leadership. What an arse clown. Damn Boris Johnson, damn this Tory government, and damn anyone who voted for them.

You seem to get very agitated about something you cannot change Mr Herbivore.
Jobs for the boys! on 12:21 - Dec 17 with 1351 viewsChurchman

Jobs for the boys! on 11:52 - Dec 17 by Herbivore

I struggle to believe that Grayling is actually real. I don't understand how a human can have survived that far into adulthood being so utterly dim-witted. I doubt he can even make his own breakfast without setting fire to his kitchen, and he only has cereal.

I’ve met him (or more accurately should I say been in meetings that he’s been in) and believe me he’s real - or an under developed robot. I think he must have handlers somewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024